Windows 10: New Video Card

Discus and support New Video Card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have been thinking of getting an EVGA 1080 FTW video card. I currently have an Radeon R9 290 card. Would upgrading make that much difference in games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by stealth2920, Feb 20, 2017.

1. New Video Card

I have been thinking of getting an EVGA 1080 FTW video card. I currently have an Radeon R9 290 card. Would upgrading make that much difference in games like Farcry 4, Call of Duty, Battlefield 1 etc?
    My system stats are up to date.

:)

stealth2920, Feb 20, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Feb 20, 2017
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Feb 20, 2017
  4. bobkn Win User

New Video Card

I'm not a gamer, but it looks like there's a substantial difference:

GPU 2016 Benchmarks - Compare Products on AnandTech

If you're looking to buy that expensive a graphics card, you may wish to wait a few weeks to see whether the 1080ti is released. If it's like the 900 series, it'll be like the Pascal Titan X but with less VRAM and a much lower price.

bobkn, Feb 20, 2017
  5. Thanks for the info. If it makes that big a difference in the games I will do it, but not if the benchmarks are the only improvement. Either way I will wait for the 1080ti to come out and see how much the 1080 drops.

stealth2920, Feb 20, 2017
  6. bobkn Win User
    I think that the main thing that you get with high-end graphics cards is the ability to get tolerable frame rates at high resolutions. If you don't care how pretty the game looks, getting a $600+ graphics card may be a waste.

bobkn, Feb 21, 2017
  7. The games I play now seem to look good and I have everything set to max settings (ultra or high). I guess I would have to see the same games played on another video card to see if there is an obvious difference. There would have to be a visual difference to spend that amount of money. My resolutions set at 2560 X 1080 which is the highest for my monitor and or my video card shows.

stealth2920, Feb 21, 2017
  8. tonez Win User

New Video Card

its always best to maxium up you know that, maxium up within your budget *Smile

tonez, Feb 22, 2017
  9. bobkn Win User
    From what you post, you don't need a new graphics card. Especially such an expensive one.

bobkn, Feb 22, 2017
  10. AddRAM Win User
    And just because they release a Ti does not mean they will lower the price on a 1080, EVGA just sells til it has no more stock. But some of the 1080`s have been reduced already.

The SC has been reduced by $30 and the FTW has been reduced by $20 (no big deal)

EVGA - Products - Graphics - GeForce 10 Series Family - GTX 1080

You could just get the 1080 SC2 or the FTW2

I`ve read that a Ti might launch it March, but I would not hold your breath. (conjecture and hearsay)

Even customer service is not saying a word.

You could also look into getting a 1070.

EVGA - Products - Graphics - GeForce 10 Series Family - GTX 1070

AddRAM, Feb 22, 2017
  11. It should have a huge difference on peformance.

RoasterMen, Feb 22, 2017
  12. Just before reading these replies this morning, I was researching the 1070 FTW2 ICX and that is probably what I will get. I don't need the newest card at this time and the 1070 will still be good for awhile. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

stealth2920, Feb 22, 2017
  13. swarfega Win User

New Video Card

The 1070 is the newest for its range. It will also serve you well. I am more than happy with mine.

swarfega, Feb 22, 2017
  14. Personally I think you are better off staying put. Those top of the line graphics cards seem overkill. I made the mistake of going for a 980ti on my rig. I barely even stress it as I play everything at 1920 by 1080. It was a waste of hundreds of pounds. Even my old ATI 6970 mobile gpu before I sold the laptop could handle 1920 by 1080 on more or less everything I threw at it. Each to their own perceptions but I can't really tell the difference between 1920 by 1080 and ultra hd. Both look crystal clear to me. Also cannot tell difference between say 30 fps or 60 fps. I don't think the human eye can really detect anything over 30 fps anyway. So as long as you can game at 30 fps and at 1080 I'd say stick with what you have.

Scottyboy99, Feb 22, 2017
  15. pparks1 Win User
    I am running a gtx 1060 on my sons i5 and at 1920x1200, we run e everything maxed out with no issues whatsoever.

pparks1, Feb 22, 2017
Thema:

New Video Card

1. New Video Card - Similar Threads - Video Card

2. VR connection ideas with this setup? - Related to video card I think

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    VR connection ideas with this setup? - Related to video card I think: I was going to put this topic in accessories, but I think the technical side relates more to video processing: I'll get right to the point because I'm getting a ton of different contrasting answers searching the net. I'm using an MSI Z87-G45 GAMING board. I want to buy the...
  3. Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?: Hello,I was importing photos from a SD card by a adapter and I had the stuff open on the file application. I dragged the files into the videos section. It made a copy so I deleted it off the SD card and ejected. All the videos and photos are gone from the SD card and there is...
  4. Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did my photos and videos disappear after I copied it from SD card to windows video file?: Hello,I was importing photos from a SD card by a adapter and I had the stuff open on the file application. I dragged the files into the videos section. It made a copy so I deleted it off the SD card and ejected. All the videos and photos are gone from the SD card and there is...
  5. If anyone has a Hauppauge WinTV 8 HVR HD-1265 PCIe card Video Audio sync possible SOLUTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If anyone has a Hauppauge WinTV 8 HVR HD-1265 PCIe card Video Audio sync possible SOLUTION: If anyone has a Hauppauge WinTV 8 Win TV HVR HD-1265 PCIe card Video Audio Sync problem a possible soltionI was just now tinkering around with my Hauppauge WinTV 8 Video Capture software using WinTV-HVR-1265 PCIe TV capture card connected to cable TV through my Verizon...
  6. If anyone has a Hauppauge WinTV 8 HVR HD-1265 PCIe card Video Audio sync possible SOLUTION

If anyone has a Hauppauge WinTV 8 HVR HD-1265 PCIe card Video Audio sync possible SOLUTION: If anyone has a Hauppauge WinTV 8 Win TV HVR HD-1265 PCIe card Video Audio Sync problem a possible soltionI was just now tinkering around with my Hauppauge WinTV 8 Video Capture software using WinTV-HVR-1265 PCIe TV capture card connected to cable TV through my Verizon...
  7. Can someone read a few minidumps? Video card suspected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone read a few minidumps? Video card suspected: Greetings,I wondered if anyone would be so kind as to read a few minidumps that were created today.I uninstalled all graphics drivers Nvidia & Intel & reinstalled drivers. I also cleaned up files, but the computer crashed afterward when I unplugged a HDMI cable, also when I...
  8. Can someone read a few minidumps? Video card suspected

Can someone read a few minidumps? Video card suspected: Greetings,I wondered if anyone would be so kind as to read a few minidumps that were created today.I uninstalled all graphics drivers Nvidia & Intel & reinstalled drivers. I also cleaned up files, but the computer crashed afterward when I unplugged a HDMI cable, also when I...
  9. Can someone read a few minidumps? Video card suspected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Video capture card not working

Video capture card not working: HI,I'm getting annoyed that my video capture card isn't getting and picture or audio from my PS5.i have tries disabling HCDP didn't do anything and power cycling, changing the power plan, doing an entire system troubleshoot to make sure nothing is outdated. I'm using a Lenovo...