Windows 10: New VMWare Release out - 12.5.0

Discus and support New VMWare Release out - 12.5.0 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; New VMWare release : [img] Edit: The VM Tools have also been updated as part of the package. Each VM you use tools with will need to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by f14tomcat, Sep 12, 2016.

1. f14tomcat Win User

New VMWare Release out - 12.5.0

New VMWare release :

New VMWare Release out - 12.5.0 [​IMG]

Edit: The VM Tools have also been updated as part of the package. Each VM you use tools with will need to be updated the first time you open it. You will be reminded at the bottom of the screen. You may have to come out of full screen mode to see the reminder. The new VM tools with be in your virtual DVD drive. Look under
    My PC.....

:)

f14tomcat, Sep 12, 2016

2. Win 10 upgrade is now being blocked due to "Get Windows 10" Fails due to VMWare SVGA 3D driver

I would contact VMWare about this. They might need to release update VMAddition drivers to support Windows 10 officially.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 12, 2016
  3. Bartman01 Win User
    Win 10 upgrade is now being blocked due to "Get Windows 10" Fails due to VMWare SVGA 3D driver

The driver in the current VMWare tools package is compatible with Windows 10. Windows 10 runs fine under the current version of Fusion, I have been running the preview version without issue.

That being said, VMWare is aware of the issue and has reached out to Microsoft to find out what needs to happen here. Nothing anyone on this board can do about the situation other than wait for an answer. The thread previously linked for the VMWare message
    board should have the latest information from VMWare since they actually post in that.

Bartman01, Sep 12, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

Interesting - it seemed to work anyway but AE now supported..

VMware Workstation 12 Pro Version 12.5 Release Notes

5. f14tomcat Win User
    Probably a "marketing/PR" thing...say it now supports AE when what you really did was fixed some bugs and make it all look bright and clean and new!

f14tomcat, Sep 12, 2016
  6. f14tomcat Win User

Vm tools have also been updated. See post #1

f14tomcat, Sep 13, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. New VMWare Release out - 12.5.0 - Similar Threads - VMWare Release

2. VMware Workstation 17.0 Player with Windows 11 and Server 2022 support released

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation 17.0 Player with Windows 11 and Server 2022 support released: VMware released new versions of its virtualization applications. The free VMWare Workstation 17.0 Player and the commercial VMware Workstation 17.0 Pro are both available for all supported operating systems. [ATTACH] Main new features of the releases are official support...
  3. New VMWare Workstation Release 16.1.1-17801498

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    New VMWare Workstation Release 16.1.1-17801498: VMware-player-16.1.1-17801498 Download VMware Workstation Player | VMware 176971
  4. VMWare latest release performance very poor

VMWare latest release performance very poor: Hi there Running 2 or 3 Windows VM's with even a moderately good PC with plenty of RAM in it and using SSD(s) for the VM's has simply DIRE performance compared to running under KVM/QEMU Here doing an update to install fast build release - while other VM (current build)...
  5. Linux Hosts with 5.3 kernels and VMware 15.5 release

Linux Hosts with 5.3 kernels and VMware 15.5 release: Hi folks I know a few here use Linux Hosts with VMWare and run Windows VM's Some distros have a problem with the latest VMware build - not compiling etc. Arch Linux 5.3 kernel with the VMWare build works perfectly (as do Windows VM's running on it) -- I've several Windows...
  6. Can't upgrade to Win10Pro 1903 release due to VMWare conflict

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't upgrade to Win10Pro 1903 release due to VMWare conflict: I attempted to upgrade to 1903 yesterday but received the "Something went wrong" with error code "0xc1900209". Essentially, there's apparently a conflict between VM Player and VM Workstation. I use VM Workstation quite a bit and VM Player is v14.x, iirc. I got 85%...
  7. VMWare fixed for 19H1 and 20H1 releases

VMWare fixed for 19H1 and 20H1 releases: Hi folks posting this as a new thread since the title of the previous one refers to an older release of VMware which doesn't work and to avoid confusion. An update is available from VMWare which fixes the ongoing problems of 19H1 and 20H1 Windows builds when either trying...
  8. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.1.0 avaiable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.1.0 avaiable: New VMWare Player: Download VMware Workstation Player | VMware [img] 132574
  9. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable

VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable: New VMWare Workstation Player 15.0.3 *Arrow free Release notes: VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Player Release Notes Important Fixes VMware Workstation Player contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities: Workstation Player does not handle paths appropriately. This may...
  10. VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMWare Workstation Player new release 15.0.3 avaiable: New VMWare Workstation Player 15.0.3 *Arrow free Release notes: VMware Workstation 15.0.3 Player Release Notes Important Fixes VMware Workstation Player contains elevation of privilege vulnerabilities: Workstation Player does not handle paths appropriately. This may...