Windows 10: New W10 installation

Discus and support New W10 installation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installed a couple hours ago seems to work quite well, but how do I find my computer as in win 7 , my drives etc??? 13512 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iceman, Aug 5, 2015.

1. iceman Win User

New W10 installation

Installed a couple hours ago seems to work quite well, but how do I find my computer as in win 7 , my drives etc???

:)

iceman, Aug 5, 2015

2. New W10 Installation

Your Internet Explorer Favorites reside in the User folder "Favorites" so these need to be backed up along with your other User folders before any reinstall.

If you do an in-place Upgrade then the Favorites should be transferred along with the browser, or into any newer Internet Explorer provided.

If using another Browser, then favorites need to be exported into a file which should be backed up with your Documents. In Firefox this is at Show All Bookmarks>Import and Export>Export to HTML file.

Let us know if this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 5, 2015
  3. New W10 Installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.
    Before providing assistance, I would like you to answer the question stated below:

• Are you referring to any browser?
    • Is it Internet Explorer?
    If yes, go to View (in the IE Menu Bar) or hit Alt + v. Then Toolbars, then check Favorites Bar.

Hope the information helps. Please come back with a reply so that we can assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 5, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

New W10 installation

Called This PC as in Windows 8.1, should be folder on taskbar now called file explorer, open that, click this PC

jds63, Aug 5, 2015
  5. iceman Win User
    Ok found it, thanks

iceman, Aug 5, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    YW, look through tutorials here, will help you a lot to get familiar with this operating system since coming from Windows 7, many changes.

jds63, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

New W10 installation

1. New W10 installation - Similar Threads - W10 installation

2. Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...: Q2: I understood that W11 Home edition would not permit activation 0f Bitlocker but it seemed to be available. If I have activated it, can I de-activate, uninstall? And will that remove the need to install KB5034441???? I do not have the skills to do this and did not I needed...
  3. Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...: Q2: I understood that W11 Home edition would not permit activation 0f Bitlocker but it seemed to be available. If I have activated it, can I de-activate, uninstall? And will that remove the need to install KB5034441???? I do not have the skills to do this and did not I needed...
  4. Q1: If I have not activated Bitlocker on my W10 Pro PC do I really have to install update...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing W10 from USB

Installing W10 from USB: HiHP Pavillion 500 desktop, 10 years old and painfully slow.Was running Windows 8.1. I purchased W10 to upgrade. Could not install on HP after downloading, starts and fails every time. So ended up downloading on HP laptop, along with Rufus assistant. Transferred both onto...
  6. Installing W10 from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing W10 from USB: HiHP Pavillion 500 desktop, 10 years old and painfully slow.Was running Windows 8.1. I purchased W10 to upgrade. Could not install on HP after downloading, starts and fails every time. So ended up downloading on HP laptop, along with Rufus assistant. Transferred both onto...
  7. Installing W10 from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?: Have four w10 machines. One laptop went white screen of death. Created a usb recovery drive. wants proof of purchase code. **** where do I find it? Have the cute little proof of purchase stickers from the OLD win 7 machines, my NT original discs, my disc with original windows...
  9. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?: Have four w10 machines. One laptop went white screen of death. Created a usb recovery drive. wants proof of purchase code. **** where do I find it? Have the cute little proof of purchase stickers from the OLD win 7 machines, my NT original discs, my disc with original windows...
  10. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging