Windows 10: New W10 User - Group Policy Editor question regarding HW / SW

Discus and support New W10 User - Group Policy Editor question regarding HW / SW in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, I'm a long time Mac user that has moved back to Windows 10 Pro. Version 1709 16299:371 I only have 1 Laptop however I have 2 user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by avdo, Apr 29, 2018.

1. avdo Win User

New W10 User - Group Policy Editor question regarding HW / SW

Hello All,

I'm a long time Mac user that has moved back to Windows 10 Pro. Version 1709 16299:371

I only have 1 Laptop however I have 2 user accounts which require VERY different configurations.

I wont bore you with the specific hardware that I'm using in combination with Windows 10 but I need to have 1 user account configured & optimized for a DAW ( Digital Audio Workstation).

The DAW account ideally needs to be configured ( hopefully through GPE ) to disable the following:

HW: Bluetooth, Wifi & LAN
    SW: Antivirus, Software that normally autostarts on my other login e.g VMware, Office
    Selected windows background Services.
    Windows Update Checking.
    Windows Power Options that differ from my main account.
    Windows Background Apps disabled
    Visual Effects disabled

So basically what i'd like to know is if Group Policy Editor is capable of doing this on a per-user basis and not globally or do I need a third party program to achieve this level of configuration?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

2. How to add custom logo at login

We would ask some follow up questions to know more about the issue:

• Are you using an admin account to change the image in a user account?
    • Are you trying to change the pictures on multiple computers that are part of a domain or workgroup?

You can follow these steps to resolve your issue in changing the log for multiple computer:

• Start the Group Policy Management console (gpmc.msc).
    • Open the Group Policy Object that will have the policy set in the Group Policy Management Editor.
    • Navigate to Computer Configuration, Policies, Administrative Template, Control Panel, User Accounts.
    • Double-click Apply the default user logon picture to all users and click Enabled, then click OK.
    • Close the Group Policy Editor.

We hope this helps.

Kristine Som, Apr 29, 2018
  3. borate Win User
    Hide specific Event Viewer error

The window header here reads Local Group Policy Editor, not Group Policy Management Editor, and the APPLICATIONS tree is not shown.

Single user on this Windows 10 Pro PC. Thanks.

borate, Apr 29, 2018
Thema:

New W10 User - Group Policy Editor question regarding HW / SW

1. New W10 User - Group Policy Editor question regarding HW / SW - Similar Threads - W10 User Group

2. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Editor: So when I go into the group policy editor gpedit.msc my administration templates folder has nothing in it, I have done this in the cmd: regsvr32 gptext.dll and nothing changed. Please tell me how I can fix this problem....
  3. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Editor: So when I go into the group policy editor gpedit.msc my administration templates folder has nothing in it, I have done this in the cmd: regsvr32 gptext.dll and nothing changed. Please tell me how I can fix this problem....
  4. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Group Policy Editor

Group Policy Editor: It appears my Windows 10 [1909 OS Build 18363.1440] OS, either does not have or will give access to a Local Group Policy Editor. When I attempt to open the Group Policy Editor, from cmdline: gpedit.msc → NOT RECOGNIZED same in PowerShell. When I tried via search it gave me...
  6. Recommendation for HW or SW firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recommendation for HW or SW firewall: Hello experts, I'd like to get a recommendation or an advice regarding the use of HW or SW firewall solution. I have set up a web server on one of the computers on the local network. For example, IP address of this computer is 192.168.1.10. On this LAN there are about 20...
  7. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Group policy editor: [ATTACH] when i write Gpedit.msc i get this and it's full of errors and I don't like the computer configuration section, I just came out but I don't know how I did it, that is, I don't know if it's my fault or not, I've already looked on the internet but I haven't found...
  8. Group Policy Editor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Group Policy Editor: I've Win 10 Pro, I had group policy editor until I update to 1909. Now Windows says it can't find it. I don't want to have to use either a pin or a password when I restart the machine. I had that configured in 1809 but updating to 1909, hung, so a Windows Advisor reinstalled...
  9. Group Policy Editor

Group Policy Editor: I just reset my PC trying to fix a perceived problem within group policy editor. After reset, the issue persists. I don't know if it's called a folder or node or container but the name "Administrative Templates" is missing and clicking on ANY object within the unnamed folder...
  10. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy editor: Hi, does windows 10 version 1903 remove access to group policy editor? Thank you. 138554