Windows 10: New win. 10 install, no audio output. device installed.

Discus and support New win. 10 install, no audio output. device installed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I am brand new to this forum, and not a big computer geek. I just got back my HP Pavallion from a shop that upgraded my Vista to Win.10, and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 40intrepid, May 4, 2017.

1. New win. 10 install, no audio output. device installed.

Hi!
    I am brand new to this forum, and not a big computer geek.
    I just got back my HP Pavallion from a shop that upgraded my Vista to Win.10, and my memory from 2GB. to 8GB.
    My problem is I have no sound now, the sound icon has a big red X next to it, and when I hover the cursor over it it says; "No audio output device is installed"
    I am using two HP multi media compact speakers that worked fine with the Vista.

In my device manager, I found four drivers listed under sound, video and game controllers, all of them have the same name, NIVIDIA High Definition audio.
    I thought the sound drivers were supposed to be realteck.
    should I uninstall all four of these NIVIDIA drivers, and restart the computer?

I don't want to have to go back to the shop, they had it for a week.

Thanks for any help.

:)

40intrepid, May 4, 2017
  2. morrell57 Win User

It says no NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED after installing windows 10

I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8.1. After the upgrade there was a red X on my audio icon and a message that stated: "NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED"

morrell57, May 4, 2017
  3. Henry Wa Win User
    No Audio Output device is installed-Win 10

Just installed windows 10 from windows 8.1. Audio device worked perfectly fine on windows 8 and on windows 10 it said audio output device is missing. Tried to update it and it said the audio device attached is not working.

"

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
    A device attached to the system is not functioning.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

I tried to update but it just tell me its missing etc etc.

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Henry Wa, May 4, 2017
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

New win. 10 install, no audio output. device installed.

Don't uninstall the nVidia drivers. They get installed with your display driver and are used for HDMI.
    But there should be just 1 for that. I don't know what the others could be.
    Can you post a screenshot of Device Manager with the Sound category expanded?

What you probably need is a Realtek driver. Have you looked on the HP webpage for your PC to see if there is one listed there that you can download and install?

5. Eagle51 Win User
    Get the latest one (R2.81) from RealTek for your build 32 or 64 bit.
    Realtek

Eagle51, May 4, 2017
  6. Welcome to the forums 40intrepid!

Sounds like you need a new shop lol! I agree with both of the previous posters. Don't uninstall the Nvidia's but do go to the HP site and get your sound drivers. Can't believe the "shop" didn't do that for you. Sloppy work imho.

indianacarnie, May 4, 2017
  7. fireberd Win User
    Considering it was upgraded from Vista, the sound hardware that is on the motherboard may not be Win 10 compatible. Usually, if the sound hardware is compatible either Windows will install the correct hardware driver or at minimum install the generic High Definition Audio Codec (driver). As neither was installed it could be an incompatible device.

fireberd, May 4, 2017
  8. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Good thought. The sound device may be disabled in BIOS also. You might want to check that first.

9. Don't know how to do screenshots, but the expanded sound category looks like this:

Sound,video, and game controllers
    NAVDIA high definition audio
    NAVADIA high definition audio
    Seems to be four drivers for the same thing.

40intrepid, May 4, 2017
  10. Well I did this, downloaded and installed the 64 bit version on my machine, didn't work, there isn't even any sign of the realtek anywhere on my computer, its not in the device manager, and the speaker icon still says no audio output device is installed, I restarted it twice.

40intrepid, May 5, 2017
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    Hmm ... No RealTek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel ?

If you haven't already, check BIOS to see if sound is enable and in Device Manager / View / Show Hidden Devices to see if you see any warnings. If no issues there, try going to Settings / Update & Security / Troubleshoot / Playing Audio and run it.

Eagle51, May 5, 2017
  12. fireberd Win User
    I did a search for the HP model that the user has listed. I didn't find any drivers listed later than Vista. In most cases at a minimum Windows 8.1 drivers are needed for Win 10. Vista/Win 7/Win 8 are usually not compatible.

As I mentioned on my earlier post, the sound device may not be Win 10 compatible. Its a Celeron CPU and MAX 2GB of RAM. I'm surprised it even runs Win 10.

fireberd, May 5, 2017
  13. New win. 10 install, no audio output. device installed.

Nope no audio manager in the control panel.
    Already ran the troubleshoot several times.
    How do I get into the BIOS?

40intrepid, May 5, 2017
  14. Seeing four NVIDIA HD audio devices isn't unusual. But those are from the graphics card. NVIDIA unlikely to use Realtek's drivers.

I see lots of variants of the HP Pavillion 6100 (could you be more specific?). You could have onboard as well that's not detected by Windows (could be disabled in BIOS).

When you first boot the machine and the HP flash screen appears, it should show you the function key to press to enter Setup Menu (that's BIOS). Usually F10 for HP. Start tapping as machine powers on. If it gets past the HP flash screen, you missed your chance to get into BIOS. Shutdown and start again. Look for onboard / integrated audio option. Make sure it's not disabled.

ComputerGeek, May 6, 2017
  15. The shop upped it to 8GB of memory.
    It's an A6110N.
    They also upgraded the graphics card.
    I think they would have known if there was compatibility issues, everything else works fine.

40intrepid, May 6, 2017
Thema:

1. New win. 10 install, no audio output. device installed. - Similar Threads - install audio output

2. No audio output device is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio output device is installed: Hi,Laptop: Medion P6645 / Windows 10I turned my laptop on this morning and there is a red cross next to my speaker icon.It says speaker setup unknown and in output and input devices there are no options to select.In device manager sound is hidden, unhiding it I then...
  3. No Audio Output Devices in installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Audio Output Devices in installed: I know this has been widely discussed and Carlo TJ Independent Advisor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/profile/29478bd8-e990-4de7-b01b-862427c4f74b , Replied on July 1, 2021 on No Audio Output device is installed - Windows 10 - Microsoft Community.The problem is the...
  4. No Audio Output Device is installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio Output Device is installed: Been having this problem for about a week now, Have tried pretty much everything from doing stuff in device manager to system recovery. Nothing works and I can't do a windows reset cause others use the computer, Windows 10 version 2004...
  5. No Audio Output Device is Installed

No Audio Output Device is Installed: So, I know that this is really late, but didn't install the latest update until yesterday just because I was too lazy to deal with it. My problem is pretty much the same as everyone else; my audio just doesn't work and when I hover my cursor over the speaker icon in the...
  6. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: I plugged a HDMI cord into my computer as I have since I purchased it 1 year ago today I unplugged the HDMI cord and now I have no sound on my lap top it shows an exclamation point in the device manager but when I update the driver it says I am current. The speaker at the...
  7. No audio Output device is installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    No audio Output device is installed: One day i logged on to my pc and i realize that my audio wasn't working. Every time i clicked on it will always pop up to trouble shoot it. It wont allow to adjust the sound so i cant hear anything out of my headset. Can someone please help...
  8. No audio output device is installed

No audio output device is installed: I bought a new headset, plugged it in, sound works great. Of course, when ever i'm using a computer something has to fail. And this something was the microphone. Microphone works fine on other devices. It appeared that the mic was not plugged in(yes, I did plug it in). After...
  9. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Hi, Yesterday my sound was working fine, I walked away from my notebook for 15 minutes and came back and the sound icon had a red X against it. The error message when I hover over it is 'No Audio Output Device is installed'. In Device Manager the error message for...
  10. No Audio Output Device is installed

No Audio Output Device is installed: Hi. Long time ago, I play with upgrading HDD to SSD, GRUB and some other stuff and I failed and messed my computer up. Now my desktop is still using HDD and does not produce any sound. I tried to fix this problem by Googling "No Audio output device is installed" but I...