Windows 10: New Win 10 installation takes FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES TO BOOT!

Discus and support New Win 10 installation takes FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES TO BOOT! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've recently started a couple of other threads due to an absurd level of Windows 10 design and implementation screw-ups, but there was nothing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Thenin, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Thenin Win User

New Win 10 installation takes FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES TO BOOT!

I've recently started a couple of other threads due to an absurd level of Windows 10 design and implementation screw-ups, but there was nothing that could be done. So I bit the horrifically evil and murderous bullet and re-installed the latest version of 64-bit Windows 10 Pro on the only partition of my main Samsung 850 SSD.

Upon completion (which took hours and lost me approximately EIGHTY-FIVE installed applications), I installed a handful of applications: Chrome, my password application, Revo Uninstaller Pro, Classic Start & Explorer, and my favorite registry editor (Registry Workshop).

I took care to ensure that that SSD was first in the boot order, disabled Fast Boot, enabled Virtual Memory (although this machine has 16 GB, so I don't think it will be used often), ensured that the Linux shell was disabled, updated every driver or checked to ensure the latest version was installed for each device, and everything else I've seen recommended for speeding up boot times.

I've scanned for rootkits and malware, including boot viruses, and found nothing.

So why in the hell does it take FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES TO BOOT? AAARGH!!!! *Mad

Kindly, will someone help me keep myself from jumping off a high building, please? Thanks1

:)

Thenin, Jul 2, 2018
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Jul 2, 2018
  3. rk3066 Win User
    Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Jul 2, 2018
  4. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

Yes, it's called the Windows Technical Preview and you can get it here (ISO Download)

You'll have to sign up for a MS account using your email and a password.

I'm using it with a 480GB SSD as the OS drive and it ~does~ boot faster, much faster.
    I also have a new Win-7 build with a pair of 120GB SSDs in RAID that takes longer to boot.

RealNeil, Jul 2, 2018
Thema:

1. New Win 10 installation takes FORTY-EIGHT MINUTES TO BOOT! - Similar Threads - installation takes FORTY

2. My Pc now takes about forty minutes to load.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc now takes about forty minutes to load.: My pc now takes up to 45 minutes to boot after I tried to login my outlook account. I don’t know what is wrong or why it’s happening. I had to format it for it to begin to load fast. After which I tried to login again, it went back to taking so much time to load. I don’t know...
  3. My Pc now takes about forty minutes to load.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc now takes about forty minutes to load.: My pc now takes up to 45 minutes to boot after I tried to login my outlook account. I don’t know what is wrong or why it’s happening. I had to format it for it to begin to load fast. After which I tried to login again, it went back to taking so much time to load. I don’t know...
  4. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  5. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. Initially, the slow down was a "mere" 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  6. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to boot: I have a three-year-old MSI laptop running Windows 10. Recently, it has taken forever to boot. First it was taking 2-3 minutes, but now it's about 20 minutes to go from POST to the Windows 10 login.I found this answer in my search:...
  7. Win 10 login takes 15 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 login takes 15 minutes: My Windows 10 system takes approx 15 min to boot 2 min and logon 13 min. The time has been gradually increasing for sever months. During this time there is continuous disk activity, as shown by the front panel LED.I want to determine the causes of this delay, and fix the...
  8. Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh Windows takes 10 minutes to boot.: Hi, So it's been quite a frustrating day for me, my computer suddenly became too slow to respond to shutdown or restart from windows and takes 5 to 10 mins to boot. And even after a fresh windows 10 install, it's still the same, I keep staring at the windows 10 boot...
  9. Win 10 login takes three minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win 10 login takes three minutes: First logon in the morning takes three every morning. I found this message in the event viewer: The winlogon notification subscriber <Profiles> took 225 seconds to handle the notification event Logon. What do I do next?...
  10. Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 1 minute to boot: Hello everyone, I have a lenovo y50 laptop with some decent specs: (i7-4700HQ, 8 GB Ram, Gtx 860m, 1TB HDD + 8 GB SSHD [Potential Problem Cause]). The HDD is WDC WD10S21X-24R1BT0-SSHD-8GB I never remember that my laptop had better boot times than 40 seconds. Every...