Windows 10: New Win10 on one tablet kills internet on other Win 8.1 tablets

Discus and support New Win10 on one tablet kills internet on other Win 8.1 tablets in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After successfully installing Win10 on one of our tablets, the other three tablets, which are still running Win8.1, can't access our internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ramjet10, Sep 27, 2015.

1. ramjet10 Win User

New Win10 on one tablet kills internet on other Win 8.1 tablets

After successfully installing Win10 on one of our tablets, the other three tablets, which are still running Win8.1, can't access our internet connection (which works just fine on the Win10 machine and the two other Win7 machines that are hard wired to the router). Has this got anything to do with Win10's new sharing options? Can I throw a switch on the Win10 tablet to fix this or is my only option to load Win10 on all tablets?

:)

ramjet10, Sep 27, 2015
  2. Laguilar Win User

transferring license to another device

Hello, when returning from military deployment, my tablet was damaged in transit. Received a replacement tablet with original OS Win 8.1. My damaged tablet was upgraded with the Free Win10 Upgrade. How can I transfer it to the new tablet?

Please advice. Thank you

Luis

Laguilar, Sep 27, 2015
  3. letti002 Win User
    Edge Browser does not allow swipe?

I will agree with you that Win10 is less tablet friendly than Win 8.1. Hopefully they will figure that out, although I am quite surprised that they did not have the features since they are so intent on tablets and phones to be part of their future.

They should have the tablet mode be a real tablet mode with tablet features.

I was thinking thing of going to the Microsoft Store and have them she me how Win 10 is better than Win 8.1.

Sal

letti002, Sep 27, 2015
  4. New Win10 on one tablet kills internet on other Win 8.1 tablets

sciencegeek, Sep 27, 2015
Thema:

New Win10 on one tablet kills internet on other Win 8.1 tablets

1. New Win10 on one tablet kills internet on other Win 8.1 tablets - Similar Threads - Win10 tablet kills

2. VENUE 8 Dell Tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VENUE 8 Dell Tablet: I have a DELL VENUE 8 Tablet, That I did not use in years. When I power it up, it calls for PASSWORD .I do not remember it. There is no Box on the Screen to enter forget Password. Also the email address I had then is no longer in use. Any suggestions. TONY....
  3. VENUE 8 Dell Tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VENUE 8 Dell Tablet: I have a DELL VENUE 8 Tablet, That I did not use in years. When I power it up, it calls for PASSWORD .I do not remember it. There is no Box on the Screen to enter forget Password. Also the email address I had then is no longer in use. Any suggestions. TONY....
  4. tablet issues in 2 in 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tablet issues in 2 in 1: When I flip my laptop to use as a tablet, the keyboard buttons when pressed from the bottom are messing with tablet mode for windows 11. I know they got rid of tablet mode but ever since they did I am having major issues using as tablet. How do I fix this?...
  5. tablet issues in 2 in 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tablet issues in 2 in 1: When I flip my laptop to use as a tablet, the keyboard buttons when pressed from the bottom are messing with tablet mode for windows 11. I know they got rid of tablet mode but ever since they did I am having major issues using as tablet. How do I fix this?...
  6. linx 8 vision tablet

in Windows 10 Customization
    linx 8 vision tablet: hii have a linx vision 8 tablet with xbox controller.whenever load up windows the touchscreen will not worki can use the touch screen in recovery to select either normal startup or system when system is selected it takes me through to recovery menu but then touch screen wont...
  7. Email in Win10 Tablet

in Browsers and Email
    Email in Win10 Tablet: I am trying to get email from my Cloud server but can not find any way of doing it in the mail app. Urgent advice needed Thanks 64094
  8. Tablet Settings/ Tablet Calibration Missing on control panel?? win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet Settings/ Tablet Calibration Missing on control panel?? win10: I have a Tablet drawing monitor, and today the pen stopped working, I fiddled with it for a while, I tried uninstalling the drivers for the Hardware and reinstalling, but then I noticed that the Tablet Settings and Calibration Options you normally see in Control Panel are...
  9. Surface Tablet- Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Tablet- Win10: I have a Surface Tablet Running Win10. Problem Is, I must Find the MODEL NUMBER! Everybody I ask says everthing you need is under the "KICKSTAND"! It IS NOT! The only thing there is the windows Logo & under it is 128GB the serial number 022838544753! How do I find...
  10. 8" tablet running win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    8" tablet running win 10: Hi guys ive read all that you've posted here but it doesn't cover my problem, i have a 8" tablet running win 10 (upgraded from 8.1 bing) i want to sell the thing as ive bought another, So tried to reset & it just gets stuck. Either a blank screen or the tablet logo with...