Windows 10: New WinDbg available in preview for Windows 10

Discus and support New WinDbg available in preview for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] We are excited to announce a preview version of a brand new WinDbg. We've updated WinDbg to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

New WinDbg available in preview for Windows 10

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date[/quote]

Brink, Aug 27, 2017
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Thanks, Shawn! I thought you would grab it and give it a nice home! *Smile

:)

f14tomcat, Aug 27, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133) IntcDAud.sys ntkrnlmp.exe firefox.exe

Consider using the
    WinDbg Preview
    which seems to have improved logic and may show a different result.

The WinDbg Preview is available from the Windows Store.

Also, do you have a Realtek wireless adapter?

auggy, Aug 27, 2017
  4. auggy Win User

BSOD's after doing repair upgrade of windows 10....

If you open the dump file with the
    WinDbg Preview
    (Windows Debugger) which is available from the Windows Store it shows the driver that caused the crash is the aswSnx.sys:

BugCheck 50, {81ee8fff, 2, 821f3005, 2}

Probably caused by : aswSnx.sys

The aswSnx.sys is an Avast driver however there may be a conflict between the aswSnx.sys and the mbamchameleon.sys.

The mbamchameleon.sys is a Malwarebytes driver.

Try temporarily uninstalling Malwarebytes and see if the BSODs resolve.

auggy, Aug 27, 2017
  5. Kari Win User
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    *Thumbs

Brink, Aug 27, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    I got "Tweetered" by Gabe, and thought I'd take a look. It did sound like a BSOD tool, and other purposes.

f14tomcat, Aug 27, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

What the hey. I went to get the app and it states it's currently not available? Anyone else get this?

New WinDbg available in preview for Windows 10 [​IMG]

Tony K, Aug 27, 2017
  9. Kari Win User
    Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

10. Tony K Win User
    Thanks, Kari. I should read my Twitter more often, although I have its notifications shut off. It was driving me crazy....Well, crazier. *Biggrin

Tony K, Aug 27, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Am I reading this wrong? *Confused

f14tomcat, Aug 27, 2017
  12. Tony K Win User
    I got that and noticed it too. Does that mean 32 bit systems only? And what's with the keyboard and mouse? I click on "More info" and it opens my "About" page in Settings app.

Tony K, Aug 27, 2017
  13. Kari Win User

As you can see by the checkmarks, your system passes the requirements. I guess x86 is here used to describe processor family more than bit architecture, any x86 capable processor (capable to run Win32 apps) can run WinDbg.

The 64 bit architecture is sometimes told by Microsoft and other major players as x86-64: x86-64 - Wikipedia

No worries, it can be run on 64 bit Windows, too.

14. f14tomcat Win User
    Thanks, just a bit semantically jolting! *Wink

f14tomcat, Aug 27, 2017
  15. Tony K Win User
    Thanks again, Kari. Had me worried. The way they went about describing x86 and x64 architecture of CPU vs OS is confusing IMO.

So then the Store is reading our PC info and reporting that it either passes or fails in the right hand column.

Tony K, Aug 28, 2017
Thema:

1. New WinDbg available in preview for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - WinDbg available preview

2. No Preview Available - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Preview Available - Windows 11: I recently purchased a new Windows 11 computer and have issues with the Windows Explorer Preview pane. Nothing previews, no Office documents or PDF files. The "Preview" option is checked. Can anyone help?...
  3. microsoft store / windbg preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft store / windbg preview: Hello -- I tried to get / install windbg preview from the microsoft store, but when I click on "install" nothing happens ---- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-windbg-preview/86339ee3-3dae-44a5-b308-836c07fb42f4
  4. Need help to understand WinDbg Preview Analysis

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help to understand WinDbg Preview Analysis: Hi, Could you please help me to investigate the issue below? When trying to sign out from Cisco Jabber application, click doesn't work or it takes time kind of application freezing issue. I took full dump on Jabber and use WinDbg Preview to analyse this problem....
  5. Dev preview of new DirectX 12 features available in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Dev preview of new DirectX 12 features available in Windows 10: In this blog post, we will preview a suite of new DirectX 12 features, including DirectX Raytracing tier 1.1, Mesh Shader, and Sampler Feedback. We will briefly explain what each feature is and how it will improve the gaming experience. In subsequent weeks, we will publish...
  6. New Skype Insider Preview 8.30.76.22 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview 8.30.76.22 available: Skype Insider Preview // You can now easily find messages in the current conversation // 8.30.76.22 // Available for desktop clients on Windows, Linux and Mac We’re glad to announce that with this update you now have the ability to easily find messages in the current...
  7. Time Travel Debugging is now available in WinDbg Preview

in Windows 10 News
    Time Travel Debugging is now available in WinDbg Preview: We are excited to announce that Time Travel Debugging (TTD) features are now available in the latest version of WinDbg Preview. About a month ago, we released WinDbg Preview, which provides great new debugging user experiences. We are now publicly launching a preview version...
  8. New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones: UPDATE: We have fixed the server errors and you should be get updated. If you don’t see an update, keep trying. UPDATE: We discovered this morning that there was an error in the database for provisioning record data, which is required for new phones to join the Fast Ring...
  9. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available: Hi everyone from the Build 2015 conference happening right now in San Francisco! If you haven’t already, check out Terry’s blog post about all the Windows 10 announcements we made today. If you’re at Build this week or at Ignite in Chicago next week – keep your eye out for me...
  10. New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Preview build 9879 available: Hi everyone, I’m excited to share the news that we’re rolling out our next build update to the “Fast” ring of the Windows Insider Program – Build 9879! Once again this build has a ton of changes, some noteworthy new features, and a few gotchas to be aware of. It also has a...