Windows 10: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

Discus and support New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; hi guys, Build 10071 installed all by itself, which is nice. BUT...in the Start Screen tiles are in the center of the screen.....Why is that. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 29, 2015.

1. badrobot Win User

New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

10071?

badrobot, Apr 30, 2015
  2. jeffrys Win User

haha Badrobot,

could it be a typo?

You are the only one though to mention this.

Jeff

jeffrys, Apr 30, 2015
  3. badrobot Win User
    If it's 10061 I won't say anything. Some people really prefer to stay with old builds but I don't remember having 10071. *Smile
    Anyway, I can't comment on your post about start screen cuz I don't use it. Never used it even on Win 8.
    I am a Classic Shell fan. *Smile

badrobot, Apr 30, 2015
  4. labeeman Win User

I do remember an articael saying that 50% of testers would get the blurry background and the others would get the non-blurry background on the transparent start might be away for M$ to tell them apart.

labeeman, Apr 30, 2015
  5. Robinb9 Win User
    i really wish Microsoft would decide on what name they want for Spartan, now it is Microsoft edge. duh

Robinb9, Apr 30, 2015
  6. Robinb9 Win User
    also a few questions:
    when all this is done and Microsoft releases the version for the public, how do I go back to 8.1 that was on this test machine prior to all the upgraded versions of the technical preview?

Also how come Cortana does not have sound on a pc? my sound works for everything else but when I type in Cortana there is no sound coming from her. I do not have a microphone hooked up but that should not make a difference if I am typing to her

Robinb9, Apr 30, 2015
  7. I have the 32 bit running in VMWare Player. It didn't crash during setup. But it's really slow slogging. On the Brightside my MoveIt hotkey utility seems to work without being run as administrator. Unlike previous W10 previews.

The weird thing I got so far, trying to run CCleaner Portable even as administrator I got This Application Cannot Run On Your PC. A fine howdy do. No other explanation. (Edit: never mind. I'm so used to clicking on the x64 version I did it automatically. The 32 bit copy works. )

Edit: I'm posting with Spartan/Edge. But I can't find any About Box to see what it is calling itself. Pressing F1 does nothing. No Help or About in "actions."

MilesAhead, Apr 30, 2015
  8. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

With this annotation thingie (Web Write in Edge) I create unintentional CapTcha's *Smile

(Oh well. It showed up in the edit but disappeared when I posted. Then Edge hung(pun intended ) )

MilesAhead, Apr 30, 2015
  9. You can get Windows 8.1 install media here, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-refresh-media It will accept Windows 8.0 and 8.1 keys, even embedded OEM keys. Or use your recovery media, if you made it.

Can't help you with Cortana, I have the same issue.

alphanumeric, Apr 30, 2015
  10. linw Win User
    Ref Google Maps problem.
    Chrome and Edge on two 10074 computers.

Edit:- Works on Internet Explorer!

11. Vladimir Win User
    Ops... I'm a bit late ! Downloading now...

*Smile

Vladimir, Apr 30, 2015
  12. Robinb9 Win User
    i have another cooy of win 8.1 but not on disk, i can download it and try to go back with that then

Robinb9, May 1, 2015
  13. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

Just match the version you download with the original version that was installed. That download will create install media for you too. It's option one here, http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ad-create.html

alphanumeric, May 1, 2015
  14. linw Win User
    Anyone having problems with scheduled tasks not running?

My backups, scheduled with Macrium, are just not being run, even though the Task Scheduler has recent run dates.

In addition, they won't run manually from Task Scheduler.

Pretty serious bug if this is happening to others as well.

(10074 updated from 10061).

Update.
    This is a compatibility issue with Macrium. See here:- Error message when creating schedule

Got mine running again but there will be a Macrium fix come out I guess.

15. Dude Win User
    @alphanumeric I have used this for a copy of 8.1 pro to save an ISO. I also have a license for 8.0 pro. That key(8.0 pro) will work with this ISO too, so I wouldn't have to install 8 then upgrade? Or would the 8.0 key only work with 8.0 and require installing and then upgrading to 8.1

Thema:

1. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Build

2. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.37.76.26 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.37.76.26 available: Our commitment to enhancing screensharing now includes the ability to share individual application windows in Skype which is available in the latest Insider build. [ATTACH] Try it out and let us know what you think! The Skype Team Source: Skype Insider Preview Share...
  3. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.36.76.26 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.36.76.26 available: Hello, Skype Insiders! We are rolling out a new preview build. Check it out and let us know what you think! Store app version 8.36.76.26 for Windows 10 PC (14.36.26.0), iPhone, iPad, Android 6+, and Android tablets Desktop app version 8.36.76.26 for Windows, Mac, and Linux...
  4. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.35.76.65 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.35.76.65 available: Hello, Skype Insiders! We are rolling out new preview builds of Skype for Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, Mac, Linux, Linux Snap, Windows 10 PC & Android 4+ today! 8.35.76.65 is available for Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, desktop apps for Mac, Linux & Windows 10 Skype Lite...
  5. Windows 10 Build 18272 is now available for Insiders with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18272 is now available for Insiders with new features: Windows 10 Build 18272 is now rolling out to those subscribed to the Fast and Skip Ahead Rings. Windows 10 Build 18272 comes with several new changes and improvements as the company continues to work on the next major feature update due in the spring of 2019. What’s new in...
  6. Windows 10 Build 18267 is now available with new features for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18267 is now available with new features for Insiders: Windows 10 Build 18267 is up for download and it comes with several improvements. The latest preview build 18267 is part of the next major Spring 2019 update and it is rolling out to the Insiders in the Fast and Skip Ahead Rings. What’s new in Windows 10 Build 18267...
  7. Windows 10 Build 18262 now available for Insiders with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18262 now available for Insiders with new features: Microsoft has been busy fixing issues and bugs reported after the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Today the company is releasing a new Insider preview build 18262 from the 19H1 branch for Insiders enrolled in the Fast and Skip Ahead Ring. What’s New:...
  8. Windows 10 Build 17713 is now available with new features for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17713 is now available with new features for Insiders: Microsoft is today rolling out a new Windows 10 preview build for the Windows Insiders in Fast Ring. Windows 10 Build 17713 comes with significant changes for Edge browser and Notepad. Microsoft Edge Improvements Microsoft Edge features a new media autoplay controls. You...
  9. New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones: UPDATE: We have fixed the server errors and you should be get updated. If you don’t see an update, keep trying. UPDATE: We discovered this morning that there was an error in the database for provisioning record data, which is required for new phones to join the Fast Ring...
  10. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10080 for phone now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10080 for phone now available: Hi everyone, We’re releasing Build 10080 of the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones to the Fast ring today (will show as 10.0.12562.84 in Settings > System > About). We’re excited to get this build out because it brings many improvements but also because it adds...