Windows 10: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

Discus and support New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; @alphanumeric I have used this for a copy of 8.1 pro to save an ISO. I also have a license for 8.0 pro. That key(8.0 pro) will work with this ISO too,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 29, 2015.

1. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

The 8.1 ISO should work with the 8.0 key; if that's what you're asking? I just installed this ISO the other day with an 8.0 key.

fracking4oil, May 1, 2015
  2. derekimo Win User

I just used that 8.1 Pro media with my 8.0 key Doug and it worked. I was wondering about that too and alpha enlightened me at EF.

Same here, I can also confirm it works.

derekimo, May 1, 2015
  3. Cliff S New Member
    OK guys, I going to finally catch-up to ya'll. I just started downloading the official 10074 ISO from Microsoft(for earlier builds I've been using the MEGA link). The last couple of weeks I've been working on my Windows 7(on laptop) preparing it for the release to public Current Branch, updating installed software and Windows itself.

The last couple of builds, I just upgraded from the prior, so today I'm going to do a direct upgrade from 7 to 10074, to see if the patches and optional updates in the last couple of weeks, improve, decrease, or no noticeable change at all, to the quality of the upgrade process and final setup.

Cliff S, May 1, 2015
  4. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

Yes, as I posted, "It will accept Windows 8.0 and 8.1 keys, even embedded OEM keys". If I install 8.1 on my laptop it reads the OEM embedded key for 8.0 and uses it. Activates online automatically with no issues. I've also used Retail 8.0 and 8.0 Pro keys with no issues. Along with 8.1 keys. My MSDN ISO's which I believe are identical to retail disks, will also use 8.0 and 8.1 codes and OEM embedded codes. These ISO's are multi edition, they have Core and Pro on them. What gets installed depends on the key entered. On my laptop 8.1 (Core) gets installed automatically because my embedded key is only an 8.0 key. To get around that and install Pro directly I add a PID.txt file with a Pro key in it. That saves me having to upgrade to pro via add features.

alphanumeric, May 1, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I just love the new setup screen. A big circle that shows the total % finished, and at the bottom the % for each step(a little bit more action as the total). Of course with an SSD it's faster any how.

Cliff S, May 1, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Thanks guys, good to know. *Cool

7. Dude Win User
    Thank you

8. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

I just finished an in-place upgrade of my W10TP VM, from b10041 directly to 10074.
    It took over 2 hours for the download to finish, but the actual upgrade only took 30 minutes.

Only 1x Windows tile and 1x 3rd party tile (that I had pinned to the Start Menu Tile Pane) survived the process.

W10TP b10074 was twitchy after the initial loading (just like my previous upgrades).
    A reboot seems to have fixed the twitch.

I think that MS may as well force a Restart after the final installation step, rather than going straight to the desktop.

The Disk Cleanup function "lied" about how much space I could recover.
    It suggested that I could recover ~12GB, but I only actually recovered ~7GB after running it. *Confused

lehnerus2000, May 1, 2015
  9. Roger Win User
    I posted yesterday regarding Brink's tutorial on the Windows SxS folder. I saved 10GB by cleaning that folder in Win8.1. The folder had grown to over 16GB and dropped to 6GB after running the DISM.exe commands to analyze and then the cleaning.
    YMMV

Roger, May 1, 2015
  10. simrick Win User
    Well, I've got v10074 working on this A215-S6804 Toshiba laptop okay. Problem is, every time I try to install a networked (TCP/IP) printer, it BSODs with system-thread-exception-not-handled referring to the qualcomm atheros athwb.sys driver, and it's not recoverable at all. The other problem I have is, if I touch the touchpad while a mouse is plugged in, I get a DPC watchdog violation; recover and disable the touchpad.

simrick, May 1, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    Seems, more and more, MS tries to 'hide' the more 'inquisitive' options and put the 'recommended' ones in your face!

New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available [​IMG]

Edwin, May 1, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    So, what, we get our ISO's from Download.com at CNet now?

Cliff S, May 1, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

Haha! Perhaps! You think?

Edwin, May 1, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    Come on! "Use Express Settings" highlighted and "Customize Settings" hidden or grayed out? Where have we seen this before? OUCH!!

Cliff S, May 1, 2015
  15. Gary Win User
    I got this on Windows Update this past Thursday. Spartan (Edge) still does not work. It opens and then crashes.

Thema:

New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

1. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Build

2. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.37.76.26 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.37.76.26 available: Our commitment to enhancing screensharing now includes the ability to share individual application windows in Skype which is available in the latest Insider build. [ATTACH] Try it out and let us know what you think! The Skype Team Source: Skype Insider Preview Share...
  3. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.36.76.26 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.36.76.26 available: Hello, Skype Insiders! We are rolling out a new preview build. Check it out and let us know what you think! Store app version 8.36.76.26 for Windows 10 PC (14.36.26.0), iPhone, iPad, Android 6+, and Android tablets Desktop app version 8.36.76.26 for Windows, Mac, and Linux...
  4. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.35.76.65 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.35.76.65 available: Hello, Skype Insiders! We are rolling out new preview builds of Skype for Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, Mac, Linux, Linux Snap, Windows 10 PC & Android 4+ today! 8.35.76.65 is available for Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, desktop apps for Mac, Linux & Windows 10 Skype Lite...
  5. Windows 10 Build 18272 is now available for Insiders with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18272 is now available for Insiders with new features: Windows 10 Build 18272 is now rolling out to those subscribed to the Fast and Skip Ahead Rings. Windows 10 Build 18272 comes with several new changes and improvements as the company continues to work on the next major feature update due in the spring of 2019. What’s new in...
  6. Windows 10 Build 18267 is now available with new features for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18267 is now available with new features for Insiders: Windows 10 Build 18267 is up for download and it comes with several improvements. The latest preview build 18267 is part of the next major Spring 2019 update and it is rolling out to the Insiders in the Fast and Skip Ahead Rings. What’s new in Windows 10 Build 18267...
  7. Windows 10 Build 18262 now available for Insiders with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18262 now available for Insiders with new features: Microsoft has been busy fixing issues and bugs reported after the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Today the company is releasing a new Insider preview build 18262 from the 19H1 branch for Insiders enrolled in the Fast and Skip Ahead Ring. What’s New:...
  8. Windows 10 Build 17713 is now available with new features for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17713 is now available with new features for Insiders: Microsoft is today rolling out a new Windows 10 preview build for the Windows Insiders in Fast Ring. Windows 10 Build 17713 comes with significant changes for Edge browser and Notepad. Microsoft Edge Improvements Microsoft Edge features a new media autoplay controls. You...
  9. New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones: UPDATE: We have fixed the server errors and you should be get updated. If you don’t see an update, keep trying. UPDATE: We discovered this morning that there was an error in the database for provisioning record data, which is required for new phones to join the Fast Ring...
  10. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10080 for phone now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10080 for phone now available: Hi everyone, We’re releasing Build 10080 of the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones to the Fast ring today (will show as 10.0.12562.84 in Settings > System > About). We’re excited to get this build out because it brings many improvements but also because it adds...