Windows 10: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

Discus and support New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; So, what, we get our ISO's from Download.com at CNet now? Oh! I can't stop laughing! So, I've got 10074 clean install working on this A215-S6804... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 29, 2015.

1. simrick Win User

New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

Oh! I can't stop laughing!

So, I've got 10074 clean install working on this A215-S6804 Toshiba laptop okay. Problem is, every time I try to install a networked (TCP/IP) printer, it BSODs with system-thread-exception-not-handled referring to the qualcomm atheros athwb.sys driver, and it's not recoverable at all. The other problem I have is, if I touch the touchpad while a mouse is plugged in, I get a DPC watchdog violation; recover and disable the touchpad.

So far, other than that, it's working well and looking good.

simrick, May 1, 2015
  2. Gary Win User

Yes I god a BSOD as well, this build needs some work as we all know.

3. Cliff S New Member
    Are these drivers from manufacturer and for the pc's model(try Win( version & if that don't work try Win7 if they exist)? Or Win10 default which, except for graphics, have worked well for me through the different built iterations.

Cliff S, May 1, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

Simrick, try going into Device Manager and updating your network adapters and Bluetooth. Also, if you have an Ethernet Controller showing (Qualcomm Atheros xxxx), update that too.

Wynona, May 1, 2015
  5. simrick Win User
    These drivers installed with the clean install of 10074. I checked for updated drivers in device manager and it says nothing else is available - my drivers are current. I have had constant BSODs with this Atheros driver all through the different builds. *Sad

simrick, May 1, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Thanks, but did nothing.Attachment 18222
    As I said in previous post, have had this problem with this driver through all the builds I have tested. I hate Atheros. Their wrls card on another system of mine is supposed to be b/g/n but blue screens every time I have the N turned on, so I had to back down to G. And, of course, Qualcomm NEVER answer tech support questions....

simrick, May 1, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    So far no issues,, major ones. the start menu does lag a bit from time to time but that should be fixed by time it's released to the public. Spartan works fine..
    All good.
    *Biggrin

BunnyJ, May 1, 2015
  8. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available

No way to add Hotmail account in latest build. Only Google, Exchange, Office 365 and Other are offered, and Other doesn't work after multiple tries.

My MS account used to sign in is also Hotmail so it was automatically added, but no way to replicate those settings to get additional Hotmail accounts added.

This represents a subtraction from what's worked in previous builds. Sharper graphics shouldn't supercede basic functionality.

gregrocker, May 1, 2015
  9. simrick Win User
    Okay so here's the latest:
    Tried again to install the printer. Got the BSOD, it tried to reboot, then came up to a black screen with blinking cursor. This time I let it sit for a bit and when I came back, I saw this on the screen:

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 082)
    copyright Intel Corp....
    For Realtek RTL8100E/8101E Fast Ethernet Adapter v1.02 (060529)
    PXE-E61: media test failure, check cable
    PXE-M0F: Existing PXE ROM
    Operating system not found.

When into a continual BSOD boot loop, could not repair, so I performed a system restore. What a pain. No idea what this all means, but it's a laptop, and I'm connecting wirelessly.

simrick, May 1, 2015
  10. Berton Win User
    Simrick, I was given a Dell Inspiron 15 N5010 Notebook that had a failed HDD and a hole in one edge of the cover, think it was hit by a kids toy or dropped. I replaced the cover and the HDD then installed Win7, would get that message now and then from a cold startup, turn the power off then it would start normally. I later put Win8 on it and haven't gotten the message since [fingers X'd], haven't tried Win10 on it yet but may tomorrow.

Berton, May 1, 2015
  11. Wynona Win User
    Project Spartan was the code name Microsoft Edge was working under. Now that it's gotten a bit better, MS doesn't want us to relate Spartan to Edge. *Smile

Wynona, May 1, 2015
  12. Wynona Win User
    Did you try updating Bluetooth and the other network driver you show? For some reason, they all work in tandem.

Wynona, May 1, 2015
  13. Kari Win User

The Eternal, Most Reliable Source of Wrong Windows 8 & 10 Information...

OK, here we go, once again correcting the biased wrong information. All screenshots from Build 10074.

Creating a new Hotmail account: Possible!

New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available [​IMG]

(Screenshot: Creating a new Hotmail account in Build 10074.)
    Using a Hotmail account as sign in account in Windows 10 build 10074: Possible!

(Screenshots: Using a Hotmail account as Sign-In account in Build 10074.)
    Adding a Hotmail account to Mail App when signed in on a non-Hotmail account: Possible!

(Screenshot: Added a Hotmail account in Windows Mail App in Build 10074.)
    I recommend you geeks first to check your facts before posting your "I think that..." as a fact. It would be especially nice if those having some authority like MVP, MCCA and such would check the facts first, only post thereafter.

I am happy we could clear this misunderstanding, now the next topic *Smile.

14. As I clearly stated, I already use a Hotmail account to sign into Windows 10. *Rolleyes

I was trying to add another Hotmail account to the Mail app in the latest build which has been offered to me and have not been able to add it. I've tried Other Account which seems to take but it fails to synch. I see now that it is an earlier build so it must have been corrected. Not sure why I have no newer build queued.

I have been swamped with work at 7F so am not able to keep up with all of the builds even though I use Windows 10 every day. In all builds til now I could add my other Hotmail account and had been able to read my mail in that one App which I like a lot. So after some days of having the latest build offered to me without any way to add my other Hotmail, I needed to ask about it.

Kari your rudeness and hostility have clearly gone off the rails so I've placed you on Ignore here too to avoid the screeching unhinged bully. No worries about missing anything important.

If anyone sane has a suggestion I'd appreciate it otherwise I'll look for the latest build which isn't being offered to me yet for some reason.

gregrocker, May 2, 2015
  15. Wynona Win User
    Wynona, May 2, 2015
Thema:

1. New Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10074 now available - Similar Threads - Insider Preview Build

2. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.37.76.26 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.37.76.26 available: Our commitment to enhancing screensharing now includes the ability to share individual application windows in Skype which is available in the latest Insider build. [ATTACH] Try it out and let us know what you think! The Skype Team Source: Skype Insider Preview Share...
  3. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.36.76.26 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.36.76.26 available: Hello, Skype Insiders! We are rolling out a new preview build. Check it out and let us know what you think! Store app version 8.36.76.26 for Windows 10 PC (14.36.26.0), iPhone, iPad, Android 6+, and Android tablets Desktop app version 8.36.76.26 for Windows, Mac, and Linux...
  4. New Skype Insider Preview build 8.35.76.65 available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview build 8.35.76.65 available: Hello, Skype Insiders! We are rolling out new preview builds of Skype for Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, Mac, Linux, Linux Snap, Windows 10 PC & Android 4+ today! 8.35.76.65 is available for Android, iPhone, iPad, Web, desktop apps for Mac, Linux & Windows 10 Skype Lite...
  5. Windows 10 Build 18272 is now available for Insiders with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18272 is now available for Insiders with new features: Windows 10 Build 18272 is now rolling out to those subscribed to the Fast and Skip Ahead Rings. Windows 10 Build 18272 comes with several new changes and improvements as the company continues to work on the next major feature update due in the spring of 2019. What’s new in...
  6. Windows 10 Build 18267 is now available with new features for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18267 is now available with new features for Insiders: Windows 10 Build 18267 is up for download and it comes with several improvements. The latest preview build 18267 is part of the next major Spring 2019 update and it is rolling out to the Insiders in the Fast and Skip Ahead Rings. What’s new in Windows 10 Build 18267...
  7. Windows 10 Build 18262 now available for Insiders with new features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18262 now available for Insiders with new features: Microsoft has been busy fixing issues and bugs reported after the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Today the company is releasing a new Insider preview build 18262 from the 19H1 branch for Insiders enrolled in the Fast and Skip Ahead Ring. What’s New:...
  8. Windows 10 Build 17713 is now available with new features for Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 17713 is now available with new features for Insiders: Microsoft is today rolling out a new Windows 10 preview build for the Windows Insiders in Fast Ring. Windows 10 Build 17713 comes with significant changes for Edge browser and Notepad. Microsoft Edge Improvements Microsoft Edge features a new media autoplay controls. You...
  9. New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones: UPDATE: We have fixed the server errors and you should be get updated. If you don’t see an update, keep trying. UPDATE: We discovered this morning that there was an error in the database for provisioning record data, which is required for new phones to join the Fast Ring...
  10. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10080 for phone now available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10080 for phone now available: Hi everyone, We’re releasing Build 10080 of the Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones to the Fast ring today (will show as 10.0.12562.84 in Settings > System > About). We’re excited to get this build out because it brings many improvements but also because it adds...