Windows 10: New Windows 10 install freezes on first startup

Discus and support New Windows 10 install freezes on first startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm having an odd issue with my new Windows 10 install. The first time I boot up my PC it freezes at the login screen, when you would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zeratil, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Zeratil Win User

New Windows 10 install freezes on first startup

Hey guys,

I'm having an odd issue with my new Windows 10 install. The first time I boot up my PC it freezes at the login screen, when you would normally click to bring up the user/password screen. The network icon in the bottom right shows a red x. If I shut down the PC by holding down the power button, and then start it again it works fine. Setting the PC to sleep and starting from there also works fine. Anyone know what might be up?

:)

Zeratil, Dec 26, 2015

2. WIndows 10 64 Pro Freezes on first startup with ASUS PCE-AC68

Hi

ASUS have recommended an older driver, think I am running the last version for Win 8.1. It works and solves the problem though.

Glynxxpittle, Dec 26, 2015
  3. WIndows 10 64 Pro Freezes on first startup with ASUS PCE-AC68

Windows 10 64 with Asus PCE-AC68 - Freeze on startup

In case anyone out there has a similar problem the resolution from Asus was to uninstall the latest (or later) drivers and install an older one, in my case the driver I am now running is 6.30.223.228 and this works fine.

I have no concrete information as to what the problem actually is and whether it will be resolved in a future driver version, the only recommendation was to try it and see if it works, go back to 6.30.223.228 if it doesn't.

The driver version I was using that generated the problem was 7.35.315.0.

Good Luck

Paul

Glynxxpittle, Dec 26, 2015
  4. davidhk Win User

Is that issue persisting every time you boot up the computer ?
    Or it no longer happens ?

davidhk, Dec 26, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    If the issue is still persisting, try this trouble shooting ......................
    This is to check for corrupt files. The system will try to do repair if any found.
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Dec 26, 2015
  6. Zeratil Win User
    Hey David,

Thanks for the help, I ran the scan and it came back as 'did not find any integrity violations'.

Zeratil, Dec 26, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    What about the question on my first reply ?

Namely, do you have the same problem each time you boot up the computer ?

davidhk, Dec 26, 2015
  8. Zeratil Win User

Ah, apologies.

Yes, the first time I turn the PC on each time it does this.

Zeratil, Dec 26, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Seems like something to do with drivers not up to date.
    Please go to your computer manufacturer website and check for drivers update.
    I am no expert on this subject ( drivers ). So, I must bow out.
    Please kindly wait a bit for others with superior knowledge to help you out.
    Sorry, and good luck.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. New Windows 10 install freezes on first startup - Similar Threads - install freezes startup

2. Windows freezes after tryinng to startup for first time after fresh installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows freezes after tryinng to startup for first time after fresh installation.: Hello, I'm having a problem that I've never run into before. I just finished building a PC, and I'm trying to install windows on it. I'm using a media creation tool USB. Everything starts out fine, I start installing windows, everything installs and the PC restarts. I take...
  3. Windows freezes after tryinng to startup for first time after fresh installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows freezes after tryinng to startup for first time after fresh installation.: Hello, I'm having a problem that I've never run into before. I just finished building a PC, and I'm trying to install windows on it. I'm using a media creation tool USB. Everything starts out fine, I start installing windows, everything installs and the PC restarts. I take...
  4. Windows freezes after tryinng to startup for first time after fresh installation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 freezes for first few minutes on startup after login

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 freezes for first few minutes on startup after login: Hi,My Desktop Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 16Gb RAM, , Windows 10 20H2 and now 21H1 updated but issue same was fine till last month, recently there is an issue coming up that after login during startup, it freeze for some time say 3 to 5 min, it wont allow apps to...
  6. New AMD build freezing after windows install/at first boot

New AMD build freezing after windows install/at first boot: Hi all, This is a brand new PC build. Here are the parts used: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 Motherboard: MSI Mortar B550 RAM: 8X2 Gb Gskill Ripjaws V DDR4 3600 F4-3600C16D-16GVKC Video Card: Nvidia RTX 2060 Storage: Western Digital m.2 It posts fine and I am able to enter BIOS...
  7. First time installing Windows 10 freezes during installation

First time installing Windows 10 freezes during installation: Hi, I just built a PC and am facing an issue whilst installing Windows Part List : Motherboard : MSI Meg Z390 Godlike Processor : Intel i9 9900K RAM : Kingstone DDR4 2124MHz 32 GB Graphic Card : MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2080Ti Storage : Samsung SSD 860 500 GB Bios...
  8. Freezing on first startup

Freezing on first startup: Ive just finished the build of my first brand new pc. specs: cpu: intel i5 9600k gpu: msi ventus rtx 2060 mobo: msi z390-A pro hard drive: wd blue 1tb hard disk drive Because this is a fresh build, I had to install windows 10 (64 bit). I used my old laptop to...
  9. Windows Installation on New Build Freezes at the first loading dial

Windows Installation on New Build Freezes at the first loading dial: So my new PC that i built freezes at the loading dial. I have a copy of windows purchased on DVD (on a disk, at least), and its in an optical drive. I’ve set the BIOS to boot from the disk, every other setting besides fast boot is set to default. When I boot my computer, it...
  10. Windows 10 installation freezing after first reboot

Windows 10 installation freezing after first reboot: I have recently been trying to upgrade to windows 10 on a used alienware aurora r3 pc. I got my reservation, checked the windows 10 app every day, and finally, I was ready to get the upgrade, but I'm having issues installing it. After windows update downloads everything and I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new windows 10 freezes on startup

2. windows 10 hangs at first startup