Windows 10: new windows 10 update, which I wasn't asked for.

Discus and support new windows 10 update, which I wasn't asked for. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To whomever, Ok, my computer updated to a "new windows 10", without asking me, and now nothing works, and the solution is that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rainwolf1, Jul 8, 2018.

1. rainwolf1 Win User

new windows 10 update, which I wasn't asked for.

To whomever,

Ok, my computer updated to a "new windows 10", without asking me, and now nothing works, and the solution is that I should have known, and should do all that work, of which I don't understand because I don't work with them, and YOU PEOPLE FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOUR PRODUCT? Seriously? You feel you've done right by us? I need you to say that you feel you did the right thing by updating my computer to a new one that is inferior to what I had. I'm not saying the other was great either.

Dawn S.

:)

rainwolf1, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Jul 8, 2018
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. new windows 10 update, which I wasn't asked for. - Similar Threads - update wasn't asked

2. I noticed that he wasn't there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I noticed that he wasn't there: I noticed after switching from 1700 image to 1800 that the host for sittings synchronization process disappeared, now I'm wondering where it is, it's not there on either Windows 10 or Windows 11, and before it was in the task manager, it's not there, there's only the host...
  3. I noticed that he wasn't there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I noticed that he wasn't there: I noticed after switching from 1700 image to 1800 that the host for sittings synchronization process disappeared, now I'm wondering where it is, it's not there on either Windows 10 or Windows 11, and before it was in the task manager, it's not there, there's only the host...
  4. asking about new window update KB5005565

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    asking about new window update KB5005565: new windows update kb5005565Is i install new update in laptop or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-about-new-window-update-kb5005565/8a0a105d-4f34-4ccc-a273-123aef79d29b
  5. Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a...

Windows update is asking me to manually uninstall an app/programme which I uninstalled a...: I'm trying to update windows but it's asking me to uninstall Avast which I believed I took off my system some time ago. It doesn't show up anywhere on my PC. How can I bypass this or remove the remnants of Avast? [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 Update 1903 does not install. Asking to uninstall AVG which I do not have in my...

Windows 10 Update 1903 does not install. Asking to uninstall AVG which I do not have in my...: I downloaded Windows 10 Update 1903 but it does not install. It stops at 35% and asks to uninstall the AVG antivirus software which I do not even have in my computer. I ran the Update troubleshooter a couple of times with no success. Advice will be greatly...
  7. Windows 10 update asking for an account which I do not have

Windows 10 update asking for an account which I do not have: hello, last night I installed an update after previously purring off on windoes updates fir a few months. Howver after the reser this morning i was met with a screen in which it asks for a username and password. Prior to installing this update login would only require my...
  8. Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft keep asking for a update for a account on computer which I don't have.: I keep getting emails asking me to update details for a Virginmedia account that has been closed for 2 years and there are no details of this account on my computers. I have lost track of the number of times I have contacted Microsoft without getting a sensible reply.Somebody...
  9. Windows search apps icon wasn't updated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search apps icon wasn't updated: Hello everyone, I updated the icon of one app which I installed on the machine, but the shortcut icon wasn't chaged when I search it with windows search on Win 2016 system. Is there anybody know what's the reason? and how to fix it? Thanks....
  10. Long update wasn't the Anniversary Update... what was it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Long update wasn't the Anniversary Update... what was it?: Strange things are happening here on my W10x86 Pro system, and I am worried... After being shut down for some time, I turned on this computer yesterday Monday, and it finished configuring some updates that it had apparently installed last time I shut it down. When shutting...