Windows 10: New Windows PC Temp Profile Issue

Discus and support New Windows PC Temp Profile Issue in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm in a corate environment and one of my users had a Criticial Service Failed BSOD. We replaced the machine and upon signing in was prompted with the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Orp, Aug 17, 2018.

1. ORP
    Orp Win User

New Windows PC Temp Profile Issue

I'm in a corate environment and one of my users had a Criticial Service Failed BSOD. We replaced the machine and upon signing in was prompted with the message "Windows can not sign into your account" and "You're using a Temporary profile". When going on the domain controller I noticed the user only had a .v5 profile so I am wondering if this is a windows build issue. To fix this I was wondering if you can just transfer the contents of the .v5 profile to the .v6 profile to solve it? Another member of my team ended up solving the issue but has very bad English and couldn't explain how to fix it very well lol. When signing in and going to C:\Users I had a Temp folder but not the username of the user. Thanks,
    -

:)

2. Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Aug 17, 2018
  3. komet23 Win User
    Windows 10 temp profile issue

Hello,

I am deploying Windows 10 to PCs, but there is an issue with computers that are used by multiple domain users. Every time different user tries to log in, he is sent to temp profile. After logout and login again, he is on his own profile. I've tried removing registry keys for .bak profiles etc, but it did not help at all.
    It happens on every PC. Anyone have a clue?

Regards

komet23, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

1. New Windows PC Temp Profile Issue - Similar Threads - Temp Profile Issue

2. Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile: so i did the new windows 10 update wouldnt log me in put me in a temp profile i wasnt really paying much attention so moved a important folder onto my desktop thinking i was now on the normal screen rebooted and woah and behold it put me in my regular profile now i can see...
  3. Win 10 temp profile lock out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 temp profile lock out: Win 10 keeps creating a new temp profile. I have read and followed steps to locate and change the temp file name back to have my profile be the main key. It now is creating NEW temp file each time I reboot. I get a new .bak file with my profile, and the regular key shows the...
  4. New PC issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New PC issues: Hey all, I recently bought a second-hand pc. When turned on, it displays the Dell logo (Dell Optiplex 780) and then proceeds to the windows setup. When at the windows setup, it asks me for my region. This would all be fine except that my mouse and keyboard both appear to be...
  5. Storage issue on new PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage issue on new PC: Just bought a new PC 8Gb RAM 128Gb Storage. I've done nothing but switch it on, connect to MS365 and download Dropbox and I'm getting messages saying there is no storage left. I've tried finding files/programmes to delete and there's nothing showing. What should I do?...
  6. Activation issue to a new pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation issue to a new pc: Im willing to buy a new computer in a couple of days but I don't know how to activate windows if I don't have my Digital license. The one I have now I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and use Digital license as a Windows Insider but unfortunately I cant find my digital...
  7. Profile login issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Profile login issue: I am having issues login into my account...I am getting profile issue. How do I get past this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/profile-login-issue/efa060d6-a647-4870-9b0b-dfc430927492
  8. Temp profiles when away from domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Temp profiles when away from domain: Hi all, Just starting out with IT support after many years of trying, I have come across an issue where one of my clients can login at their place of work without any issues but when logging in at home with the same credentials they are presented with a temporary profile,...
  9. Temporary Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Temporary Profile Issue: Good Evening, My tower had a irregular power down yesterday, when i turned it on it went into a temporary profile. I have tried a system restore, scanning the drives for error. Everything i have tried has failed before completion. I am at my wits end honestly and don't...
  10. Windows 10 temp profile issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 temp profile issue: Hello, I am deploying Windows 10 to PCs, but there is an issue with computers that are used by multiple domain users. Every time different user tries to log in, he is sent to temp profile. After logout and login again, he is on his own profile. I've tried removing registry...