Windows 10: New Windows setup created wrong user folder

Discus and support New Windows setup created wrong user folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; s have a new PC and I'm installing a new iteration of Windows 10. It created a User folder spelled different than the one I am using on old Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by edspyhill01_844, Jul 9, 2018.

1. New Windows setup created wrong user folder

s have a new PC and I'm installing a new iteration of Windows 10. It created a User folder spelled different than the one I am using on old Windows PC. This was done when I logged into my Microsoft account during setup. My backup will restore my files to the existing Microsoft User folder name. Why is Windows 10 setup so primitive? What can i do to fix this User folder issue ?

Ed

:)

edspyhill01_844, Jul 9, 2018

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Jul 9, 2018
  4. New Windows setup created wrong user folder

Windows 10 new istallation wrong user name for user folder

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps

To do so, please follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows key + R key, Run window opens.
    • Type control in the open box and click
      Ok.
    • Control Panel windows opens.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on
      Manage Accounts.
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions. Check if the issue persists in the new user account.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

New Windows setup created wrong user folder

1. New Windows setup created wrong user folder - Similar Threads - setup created wrong

2. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a new folder: Every time I create a new file it is created in the cloud.I don't want it created in the cloud.I want it created on my C: drive with all my other files.How do I tell the system to create the new file on my C: drive?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  3. Creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a new folder: Every time I create a new file it is created in the cloud.I don't want it created in the cloud.I want it created on my C: drive with all my other files.How do I tell the system to create the new file on my C: drive?Thanks for any help with this.KEN...
  4. NEW SETUP GONE WRONG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NEW SETUP GONE WRONG: I tried creating a new account on a new PC being installed for the first time. Then surprisingly im taken to the login page. I dont even have a profile setup and im expected to put in a password. i press next with an empty password and it it says incorrect. I type ""guest"...
  5. NEW SETUP GONE WRONG

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    NEW SETUP GONE WRONG: I tried creating a new account on a new PC being installed for the first time. Then surprisingly im taken to the login page. I dont even have a profile setup and im expected to put in a password. i press next with an empty password and it it says incorrect. I type ""guest"...
  6. NEW SETUP GONE WRONG

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup New Dell Laptop with wrong Account User, HELP??: Hi all, I just bought my wife a new Dell Latitude 3400. I started to set it up using my Windows login and such. I want to change everything I did and restart the whole setup process with her information. I would like to go beyond the change Administrator and change user ID....
  8. setup with wrong user details

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    setup with wrong user details: Hi, I got my daughter a new laptop, when she set it up she has put in wrong email address, we now cant access laptop, is there any way to change this? any password reset info is going somewhere else....
  9. CREATING A NEW FOLDER

CREATING A NEW FOLDER: I am unable to create a new folder on any of drives using Windows 10 anyone had this issue or know a fix for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-new-folder/258c0742-8a52-4391-bad5-5f9bb36ca7a0"
  10. create new folder

create new folder: I cant create a new folder in windows 10 in my pictures. how do I fix this.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-new-folder/cbc88120-c637-451f-9adf-def7e54748fa"