Windows 10: new windows update changed the way audio looks

Discus and support new windows update changed the way audio looks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there hope someone can help i regular stream live on my laptop using the line in for recording out to my listeners now recently the new windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by raver46, May 15, 2018.

1. raver46 Win User

new windows update changed the way audio looks

Hi there hope someone can help i regular stream live on my laptop using the line in for recording out to
    my listeners now recently the new windows 10 update has changed the audio the way it looks on the bottom
    right of the screen i thought nothing of it but now realise nothing comes through my line in anymore i tried evrything but decided to go back to the previous build and all working fine again any help on this one thanks

:)

raver46, May 15, 2018

2. Recent update changed settings and look

The recent windows 10/Microsoft update has changed the computer settings and screen layout. Not all tiles show dropdown list so they can be pinned to start and chrome app doesn't open. Only way to bring up a browser is via Cortana - why? Why has the
    update changed the look and feel of the screen and settings. We are not all geeks who know how to do these things. I just want to switch on, open my browser, use my laptop and finish. None of the FAQs have basic instructions to help resolve these issues
    which I find very confusing.

JennyGuthrie, May 15, 2018
  3. Weis Kei Win User
    Realtek Audio

FINALLY! HOURS AND HOURS OF SLAMMING KEYBOARD... I found a way to stop that god forsaken VIA HD Audio from replacing your working audio driver-- for me, at least.

To begin with, windows will always attempt to update and install new drivers, recently there's some words roaming about Windows 10 Audio not working or something, I guess VIA HD Audio is made to replace it?

So to fix it, simply refer to this:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/223864/how-to-uninstall-and-block-updates-and-drivers-on-windows-10/ or from this quote to disable windows from automatically installing new driver:

OR refer to this quote which is taken from the link (in case the link is down or whatsoever preventing you from opening the website page:

• "Open the Control Panel by right-clicking the Start button and selecting Control Panel. Navigate to System and Security > System > Advanced system settings. Click the Hardware tab, click Device Installation Settings, and select the “No, let me choose what
      to do option. Select “Never install driver software from Windows Update.”"
    • Now to uninstall VIA HD Audio Device, Right click Start > Device Manager > Expand "Sound, video and game controllers" and look for VIA HD Audio, double click it to bring up properties > Switch to Drivers Tab > Uninstall > Tick/Check/Mark uninstall/delete
      software device > OK.
    • Finally to reinstall High Definition Audio Device driver (for me, not sure about other users), return back to Device Manager > Action button > Scan for hardware changes... and it will install the driver.
    As a warning, disabling the option to automatically installing recommended drivers....... wait, I'm not sure if disabling that is a bad idea, but it's causing problem either way.

If problem persists, just re-enable automatic driver update, uninstall the audio driver, and re-scan hardware changes. Apparently that will install recommended audio driver like before.

Thanks.

EDIT: The god forsaken windows will still attempt to update your driver even automatic driver update is disabled. This happens if you put your PC to sleep, boot, restart, etc... God damn it. I need to further test this.

- Kei

Weis Kei, May 15, 2018
Thema:

new windows update changed the way audio looks

1. new windows update changed the way audio looks - Similar Threads - update changed audio

2. New windows update audio static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows update audio static: The new windows update made my audio just super loud static https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-update-audio-static/164045c1-ab9e-4b53-90b8-46bca7744c00
  3. New windows update audio static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New windows update audio static: The new windows update made my audio just super loud static https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-windows-update-audio-static/164045c1-ab9e-4b53-90b8-46bca7744c00
  4. Looking For Way To Rename Files In Specific Ways

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking For Way To Rename Files In Specific Ways: I did a search for this but only found old results. I'm looking for a way to truncate file names in bulk by removing a common beginning and ending, leaving only the unique middle portion of the name. For example from this: AAAA - Dfhsd (3jd4).mp4 AAAA - hsji (3jd4).mp4 AAAA -...
  5. A new UI change to improve windows 10 looks

in Windows 10 Customization
    A new UI change to improve windows 10 looks: I have been thinking for a while if I could think anything good for windows 10 and I thought that we can add the following feature. A GENTLE, SWEET CURVE ON THE EDGES OF THE WINDOWS ON ANY APPLICATION. I think that this can make windows look more better and nice looking....
  6. Is there a way to change the Bluetooth audio codec?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the Bluetooth audio codec?: I was doing some digging to se if there was a way to lower latency or improve sound quality on my galaxy buds. I came across a few suggestions to use the aac codec rather than sbc. I have spent an hour so far looking for a way to change the Bluetooth codec, but I haven't...
  7. Looking for a way to monitor changes in webpage.

in Browsers and Email
    Looking for a way to monitor changes in webpage.: Hello, Not sure if this is the right forum but I'll throw it out there. I'm looking for a way to monitor an alert me website changes in shown numbers. I work for a telecom company, and we have to monitor a GUI for radios on a webpage that shows signal strength in numbers....
  8. Any way to change the way Emojis look? (B&W/Monochrome)

Any way to change the way Emojis look? (B&W/Monochrome): A few weeks ago I upgraded to Windows 10, and I just can't get used to the colored emojis. I absolutely hate it. I tried searching the web for a way to change the way they look but couldn't find anything. Is there really no way to make emojis black & white or monochrome?...
  9. Look for a specific way of navigation.

Look for a specific way of navigation.: I'm looking for a shortcut or something similar to let me move to open the folder next to the one already open. Like in my case. I have a bunch of albums in my Camera Roll. And I don't want to keep having to close the currently open album and click on the next one. Is there a...
  10. I would like to change the way file explorer looks

in Windows 10 Support
    I would like to change the way file explorer looks: I would like to change the way file explorer looks, it looks like this now [img] I'd like it to look more like this [img] Any and all help is very much appreciated. Thanks 73631