Windows 10: New Windows Update Failing to Let me Sign in

Discus and support New Windows Update Failing to Let me Sign in in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After this recent update i am taken to my login screen which seems to have a lower resolution than normal and entering my password prompts me that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by zanderzz, May 26, 2018.

1. zanderzz Win User

New Windows Update Failing to Let me Sign in

After this recent update i am taken to my login screen which seems to have a lower resolution than normal and entering my password prompts me that it is incorrect. There also seems to be no internet connection despite my usb dongel being connected. Restarting just rolls back the update and i am still prompted to update every hour.

if anyone knows what is causing this and how to help i would appreciate is very much.

:)

zanderzz, May 26, 2018

2. Made a new user account in windows 10 but it won't let me sign in with it.

Hi Shanonah,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) The account which was created is a Microsoft Account or local Account?

This issue may occur if the account is not configured properly or corrupted.

I suggest you to run the Microsoft Account troubleshooter and check.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

If you have created a Microsoft Account, Check to see if it works by converting the Microsoft Account to Local and then back to Microsoft Account. Here`s how:

• Go to Settings from the Start Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click Sign in with a Local Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out and Sign in.
    • Then convert back to Microsoft Account.
    To connect back to the Microsoft Account, you will perform similar steps:

• Go to Settings from the Start Menu.
    • Click Accounts. Under Your Account, click Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead.
    • Follow the instructions. Sign Out and Sign in.
    • Your account should now be connected again.
    Let us know if this helped.

Anil Madishetty, May 27, 2018
  3. fail to sign in Microsoft account to connect windows 10 instead of local account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to follow the steps below and check if that helps:

Step 1: Try Disconnecting from the Internet

• If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.

• If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.

Step 2

Try to sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the account.microsoft.com page.

If the sign-in is unsuccessful, then try to reset the password and check.

If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 27, 2018
Thema:

New Windows Update Failing to Let me Sign in

1. New Windows Update Failing to Let me Sign in - Similar Threads - Update Failing Let

2. not letting me to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not letting me to sign in: I click on the sign in button and nothing happens please advisebeen having this issue for days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-letting-me-to-sign-in/6cc13d95-1b84-43b1-89e3-cd88457469c5
  3. not letting me to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not letting me to sign in: I click on the sign in button and nothing happens please advisebeen having this issue for days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-letting-me-to-sign-in/6cc13d95-1b84-43b1-89e3-cd88457469c5
  4. Windows won’t let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t let me sign in: Renewed my subscription for 365 office and I cannot access my desktop files for excel, word etc. When I open a file it says unlicensed product. I try to activate it and it takes me to a sign in page. I try to sign in and after I put my password in, it says that I can use my...
  5. Windows won’t let me sign in

Windows won’t let me sign in: Renewed my subscription for 365 office and I cannot access my desktop files for excel, word etc. When I open a file it says unlicensed product. I try to activate it and it takes me to a sign in page. I try to sign in and after I put my password in, it says that I can use my...
  6. Windows PIN not letting me sign in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows PIN not letting me sign in.: When i got on my PC i saw that when i tried to login it said:Something happened and your PIN isnt avalible. Click to set up your PIN again. So i click it and nothing happens. Sometimes it says just a moment or opens something saying about how it needs to search for an app in...
  7. Will not let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will not let me sign in: Whenever i try to log into minecraft, it says “failed to log in. We could not sign you into your Microsoft Account l. Access to realms,profiles, and your marketplace items will be limited. Please try again later.” This is my 12th try over the last 3 days....
  8. Windows 10 not letting me sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not letting me sign in: Helping my cousin with her pc, original issue was that the start key would send her to sign in, as an attempt to fix I "upgraded" her windows with a media installation tool to refresh all of windows settings and keep all her data intact, after doing this though now her user...
  9. Not letting me sign-in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not letting me sign-in: On my laptop (running Windows 10 professional) I enter in the right password and it tells me that it’s incorrect. I meter in a multitude of other passwords and it still isn’t correct. It doesn’t allow me to change options on how to sign in too (sign in via fingerprint, sign...
  10. Windows will not let me sign in

Windows will not let me sign in: How do I get into windows? It tells me that my password is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-will-not-let-me-sign-in/26b7e133-74c3-4015-8e57-98f36dfabfe3