Windows 10: New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly

Discus and support New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently installed windows 10 update and now my computer boots up very slowly to the point where it takes a half hour to an hour for it to get to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fuzmaster, Aug 11, 2016.

1. fuzmaster Win User

New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly

I recently installed windows 10 update and now my computer boots up very slowly to the point where it takes a half hour to an hour for it to get to the login in screen. I have an ssd and previous it takes around 10 to 20 seconds, so I have no idea what's going on and what is causing this.

My specs

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($335.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($18.88 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($120.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.05 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($129.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($204.88 @ OutletPC)
    Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($79.98 @ OutletPC)

:)

fuzmaster, Aug 11, 2016

2. New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to enable the fast startup and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted).

• Check the Turn on Fast startup (Recommended) box.

• Click on save changes.

• Restart the computer and check.

Method 2: Run System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click Troubleshooting.

• Under System and Security,

• Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Aug 11, 2016
  3. New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly

I recently installed windows 10 update and now my computer boots up very slowly to the point where it takes a half hour to an hour for it to get to the login in screen. I have an ssd and previous it
    takes around 10 to 20 seconds, so I have no idea what's going on and what is causing this.

My specs

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($335.99 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($18.88 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($120.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.05 @ Amazon)

Memory: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.89 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($129.89 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($204.88 @ OutletPC)

Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($79.98 @ OutletPC)

fuzmaximus, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly

1. New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly - Similar Threads - Update Installed Boots

2. New install, select boot media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New install, select boot media: Installed win 10 pro N from USB. Using all my memory didnt work previously so I Installed 10 using minimal memory. Updated, installed programs etc....browsed a bit. Shut,down, added new memory (it worked w win 7 for years but started acting weird, not showing up,etc....)....
  3. Windows 10 booting and running very slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 booting and running very slowly: My Dell Pecision M6800 has plenty of memory and a fast i7 processor with an 860 EVO mSATA SSD (500GB) and is fully updated. But sometimes, not all of the time decides to run very, very slowly. It can happen having no problems over weeks or it can happen every couple of days....
  4. Why Windows 10 defender is installing very slowly?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why Windows 10 defender is installing very slowly?: I had been updating win 10 defender then it had started installing automatically but it is taking so much time for installation. plz let me know why this is happening? On the other hand I tried it again and again but nothing happened to the speed of installation....
  5. Battery performance reduced incredibly after update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery performance reduced incredibly after update to Windows 10: I have an Asus t100TA, with a battery that works for a few hours (like four or five) on Windows 8.1, but after updating to Windows 10, it has been reduced to approximately 2 hours. That's less than half. The charging speed has also decreased. I have to keep my computer on...
  6. Store incredible slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store incredible slow: I have the following issue, that the download of apps/updates in the Windows Store gets stuck at 0% for about 5-10 minutes, then suddenly starts, sometimes slow sometimes fast, and then it goes to the next download and it again gets stuck for about 10 minutes. This happens on...
  7. Incredibly annoying lag..

in Windows 10 Support
    Incredibly annoying lag..: I recently fresh installed windows 10 with new pc parts I bought (mixed with old till they arrive in mail), i5 8400,, ASUS S1151 ATX TUF Z370-PLUS GAMING mb, 32GB DDR4 G.Skill (4x8G) 3200Mhz Trident Z Ram, Samsung 960 EVO PCIe M.2SSD, GTX 770. The problem I'm having is that...
  8. Windows Explorer running slowly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer running slowly: My partner's computer is having a problem with Windows Explorer running slowly and poorly. It's been happening for nearly a month, she ascribes the timing of symptoms beginning to show to the same time she installed some new software. I'm not totally convinced as I've had a...
  9. No boot manager on windows 10 new install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No boot manager on windows 10 new install: Can someone please help me? I am running windows 7 as my primary os and decided to try windows 10 on its own hard disk. The installation was successful but I can't get into windows 7 now unless I force boot in the bios. The funny thing is that the windows 10 hard disk is...
  10. Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu: I used to use Windows for my work and It used to boot very fast. However, after dual boot with Ubuntu, my windows boot time became very long, it was annoying. I deleted Ubuntu, FORMATED ALL DRIVE, devided partitions, reinstalled Windows but it is still not better. FAST BOOT...