Windows 10: New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly

Discus and support New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently installed windows 10 update and now my computer boots up very slowly to the point where it takes a half hour to an hour for it to get to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fuzmaster, Aug 11, 2016.

1. fuzmaster Win User

New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly

I recently installed windows 10 update and now my computer boots up very slowly to the point where it takes a half hour to an hour for it to get to the login in screen. I have an ssd and previous it takes around 10 to 20 seconds, so I have no idea what's going on and what is causing this.

My specs

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($335.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($18.88 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($120.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.05 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($129.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($204.88 @ OutletPC)
    Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($79.98 @ OutletPC)

:)

fuzmaster, Aug 11, 2016

2. New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to enable the fast startup and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted).

• Check the Turn on Fast startup (Recommended) box.

• Click on save changes.

• Restart the computer and check.

Method 2: Run System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Select Control panel.

• In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click Troubleshooting.

• Under System and Security,

• Click on System Maintenance and Click on Next button.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Aug 11, 2016
  3. New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly

I recently installed windows 10 update and now my computer boots up very slowly to the point where it takes a half hour to an hour for it to get to the login in screen. I have an ssd and previous it
    takes around 10 to 20 seconds, so I have no idea what's going on and what is causing this.

My specs

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($335.99 @ SuperBiiz)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($18.88 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($120.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.05 @ Amazon)

Memory: G.Skill Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($41.89 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($129.89 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($119.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($204.88 @ OutletPC)

Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply ($79.98 @ OutletPC)

fuzmaximus, Aug 11, 2016
Thema:

New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly

1. New Windows Update Installed, Boots Incredibly Slowly - Similar Threads - Update Installed Boots

2. This is incredible . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is incredible . . .: My computer is a Dell, laptop. Running Windows 10.I also have, another Dell computer.I just reinstalled, Windows 10. On my, other computer.The initial steps, you go through.Let's connect, to a network. Etc.Everything, went fine. Until I got, to birthdate.At the top of the...
  3. Windows 10 laptop either boots incredibly slowly, or takes incredibly long to sign in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 laptop either boots incredibly slowly, or takes incredibly long to sign in.: So, I've had this HP Pavilion gaming laptop for about 2 years or so now, I bought it to use for university studies. Recently I've run into an issue where my computer takes forever to boot up or sign in. I've tried a few different things to see if it would fix the problem, but...
  4. Windows 10 laptop either boots incredibly slowly, or takes incredibly long to sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop either boots incredibly slowly, or takes incredibly long to sign in.: So, I've had this HP Pavilion gaming laptop for about 2 years or so now, I bought it to use for university studies. Recently I've run into an issue where my computer takes forever to boot up or sign in. I've tried a few different things to see if it would fix the problem, but...
  5. Windows 10 laptop either boots incredibly slowly, or takes incredibly long to sign in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 boots slowly on ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 boots slowly on ssd: Situation: Windows boots slowly on ssd on Acer aspire 5.System info: i7 4510U, 8 GB DDR3, Samsung 860 evo 250GB, Win 10 x64, Home, 20H2, Os build: 19042.1237, experience: Windows features experience pack 120.2212.3530.0, Acer aspire 5 E5-571Desired outcome: Acer boots as...
  7. Computer changed resolution and runs incredibly slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer changed resolution and runs incredibly slowly: It happened seemingly randomly. The resolution changed and everything is slightly bigger and looks squashed, opening anything takes incredibly long. task manager doesnt open. opening 'this pc' in files takes so long that i couldnt wait for it or it gets stuck. ETDCtrl.exe...
  8. Windows boots slowly with Ryzen 3600x

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boots slowly with Ryzen 3600x: I've been using Intel CPUs for a long time and with sata and nvme SSDs i bootsin less than 5 seconds but now, I'm using AMD Ryzen 3600x and a m.2 Samsung SSD but windows boots very very slow comparing to Intel builds i've had, It takes more than 15 seconds to boot a fresh...
  9. Windows Booting up slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Booting up slowly: A while ago my PC was doing just fine, the boot up was extremely fast! Less then 10 seconds and then out of the blues It started to take forever! Although I didn't do anything. I have done everything to fix it but still I cant! What's even more strange is that after booting...
  10. Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boot slowly after dual boot Ubuntu: I used to use Windows for my work and It used to boot very fast. However, after dual boot with Ubuntu, my windows boot time became very long, it was annoying. I deleted Ubuntu, FORMATED ALL DRIVE, devided partitions, reinstalled Windows but it is still not better. FAST BOOT...