Windows 10: Create New Library in Windows 10

Discus and support Create New Library in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create New Library in Windows 10 How to Create a New Library in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather folders that are stored... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create New Library in Windows 10

How to: Create New Library in Windows 10

How to Create a New Library in Windows 10

Create New Library in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can add or remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like.

This tutorial will show you how to create a new library for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Create New Library using New Context Menu
    • Option Two: To Create New Library using File Explorer Ribbon
    • Option Three: To Create New Library using "Include in Library" Context Menu

OPTION ONE [/i] To Create New Library using New Context Menu
    1. Open Libraries in File Explorer.

2. Right click or press and hold on an empty area in the Libraries window, click/tap on New, and click/tap on Library. (see screenshot below)

3. Type a name you want for the new library. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now be able to include folders to the new library. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Create New Library using File Explorer Ribbon
    1. Open Libraries in File Explorer.

2. Click/tap on the Home tab, click/tap on New item in the ribbon, and click/tap on Library. (see screenshot below)

3. Type a name you want for the new library. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now be able to include folders to the new library. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Create New Library using "Include in Library" Context Menu
    1. Open File Explorer, and browse to the folder you want to include in a new library.

2. Right click or press and hold on the folder, click/tap on Include in library, and click/tap on Create a new library. (see screenshot below)

3. A new library will be created with the folder included, and the new library will be named the same as the included folder.

Note If you like, you can rename the new library anything you like.

You will also be able to include more folders to the new library.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 18, 2016
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  4. jzehring Win User

Library folder create new library not working (not available)

See this: Create New Library in Windows 10
    Pictures will help understand my problem.

Create new library 3 methods. Only Method 3 works for me.
    1) Explorer Library Folder: right-click -> New -> (Empty) --- Library is missing, actual text displayed is (Empty)
    2) ... on ribbon : New Item --- no drop down --- does nothing. In a normal folder, it does drop down with list of types to create.

Note: on the left side if you right click on the "Library" - the same (Empty) for option New is displayed (Like Method 1 above)

Any ideas on how to fix this? I assume a registry entry or 2.. is missing or damaged.

Thanks.

jzehring, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Kursah Win User
    Help, cant create windows image

Use Windows AIK and maybe a little command line action. *Toast :toast:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee523217(v=ws.10).aspx

Edit: I should add there's quite a few steps, but there are guides that explain this with less detail to make it easier out there. It takes a little time, but you'll have a good image. Don't worry about cleaning it up if you're happy with it since you aren't creating a deployment image for other workstations.

Kursah, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Create New Library in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Library

2. Why does the Library Move Location feature not create a junction or anything that redirects?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does the Library Move Location feature not create a junction or anything that redirects?: You cannot rely on the integrity of your file system when using the Move Location feature in Windows for any of your Libraries, as any program that has hard coded a location will not be redirected to the new location. For example, moving the Documents Library to...
  3. Photos App used to import and create folders in Pictures library...but not any more??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App used to import and create folders in Pictures library...but not any more??: Greetings, I've enjoyed the functionality of the Photos app for allowing me to backup the pics and vids on my phone. It was so easy because Photos would create folders in my Pictures library for the month and year the pics and vids were taken. This helped me maintain my...
  4. folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer

folders no longer created in pictures library in new computer: On my old laptop running Windows 10, when I imported photos from an SD card, they were sorted automatically by 'date taken' into subfolders. I recently updated to a desktop, also running Windows 10, and this functionality seems to have been lost. I copied the existing...
  5. Adding created library to the system folders view in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding created library to the system folders view in Explorer: I am using google backup and sync and it created a Drive folder. I put it in a new library and now I want this library to be displayed along with my Docs, Music, Videos (see screen). Is this possible? Or: can this library appear in the side naviation panel with Dropbox and...
  6. I created a new library titled "University", but can't seem to add it to the "Folder tab"...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I created a new library titled "University", but can't seem to add it to the "Folder tab"...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HugoPPhoto [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgj62i/i_created_a_new_library_titled_university_but/
  7. Every time I create a new folder, it is immediately added to the library's quick access.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I create a new folder, it is immediately added to the library's quick access.: How can I solve this? It's really annoying. submitted by /u/aguitarwithlegs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gq2nhn/every_time_i_create_a_new_folder_it_is/
  8. How can I add my 3D object created from 3D Paint to Photos Video Editor's 3D Library?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add my 3D object created from 3D Paint to Photos Video Editor's 3D Library?: Hi, Question 1 How can I add my 3D object created from 3D Paint to Photos Video Editor's 3D Library? I want to add my video to 3D object created from 3D Paint with transparent canvas. Is it possible? Question 2 Also I want to manage and add new objects to 3D library in...
  9. win 10 libraries denying creating a new folder

win 10 libraries denying creating a new folder: I created a new library called jobs. I want to be able to create new folders in the library, for my each of my various jobs. Every time I try to create a new folder it makes it as a subfolder in an existing folder. I used the manage library to relocate folders that were...
  10. Creating back up for Zotero library

Creating back up for Zotero library: I want to create a back up for Zotero library, but I cannot move one level up in the file directory so that I can access the Zotero library on WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-back-up-for-zotero-library/8bdd17cc-d81e-4b55-8a05-a8c565bad3bf"