Windows 10: Change Date in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Date in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Date in Windows 10 How to Change the Date in Windows 10 A calendar date is a reference to a particular day represented within a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Change Date in Windows 10

How to: Change Date in Windows 10

How to Change the Date in Windows 10

A calendar date is a reference to a particular day represented within a calendar system. The calendar date allows the specific day to be identified.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to change the date on the PC for all users in Windows 10.

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to change the date.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Date in Settings
    1. Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the Time & Language icon.

2. Click/tap on Date & Time on the left side, turn off Set time automatically, and click/tap on the Change button under Change date and time. (see screenshot below)

Change Date in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Change the date to the correct current month, day, and year, and then click/tap on Change to apply. (see screenshot below)

4. If you like, turn back on Set time automatically to have Windows automatically synchronize the system clock time with internet time servers. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Date in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Date and Time icon.

2. Click/tap on the Change date and time button. (see screenshot below)

3. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

4. Change the date to the correct current month, day, and year, and then click/tap on OK to apply. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 2)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Change Date in Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. In the elevated command prompt, type the command below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow date MM/DD/YYYY

Note Substitute MM in the command above with the actual month numbers.
    Substitute DD in the command above with the actual day numbers.
    Substitute YYYY in the command above with the actual year numbers.

For example: I would type the command below for May 28th 2015.

date 05/28/2015

3. When finished, you can close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Change Date and Time in PowerShell
    *note To see more usage options for the Set-Date command, see: Set-Date - Microsoft Developer Network

1. Open an elevated PowerShell.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

(Set time using 24 hour time)
    *Arrow Set-Date -Date "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM

OR

(Set time with AM)
    *Arrow Set-Date -Date "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM AM

OR

(Set time with PM)
    *Arrow Set-Date -Date "MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM PM

Note Substitute MM in the command above with the actual month numbers.
    Substitute DD in the command above with the actual day numbers.
    Substitute YYYY in the command above with the actual year numbers.
    Substitute HH in the command above with the actual hour numbers.
    Substitute MM in the command above with the actual minute numbers.

For example: I would type either command below for July 21st 2017 4:39 PM.

Set-Date -Date "07/21/2017 16:39

OR

Set-Date -Date "07/21/2017 04:39 PM

3. When finished, you can close the elevated PowerShell if you like.

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Turn On or Off Set Time Automatically using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters

Type string value

NTP = On
    NoSync = Off

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Set Time Automatically
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Set_time_automatically.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Set Time Automatically
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Set_time_automatically.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Apr 11, 2016

2. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Date in Windows 10

Error: "Settings out of date" and unable to save the password for the app on Windows 10

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Date in Windows 10

1. Change Date in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Date

2. How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only": I have imported pictures from my iphone, and the dates the images were taken are not correct. I can change the dates on some of the files but the other files will not let me change the dates. The error code is "Read Only". How can I change these files and prevent wrong dates...
  3. How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only": I have imported pictures from my iphone, and the dates the images were taken are not correct. I can change the dates on some of the files but the other files will not let me change the dates. The error code is "Read Only". How can I change these files and prevent wrong dates...
  4. OneDrive Windows 11 - removing Photos from business account without changing dates...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Windows 11 - removing Photos from business account without changing dates...: I have a OneDrivePersonal and Office365 had stored some documents on my Company OneDrive. I needed to attach a file and so set up OneDrive so I could see those files locally on File Explorer. However, MS decided that what I really wanted to do was sync all my personal photos...
  5. OneDrive Windows 11 - removing Photos from business account without changing dates...

OneDrive Windows 11 - removing Photos from business account without changing dates...: I have a OneDrivePersonal and Office365 had stored some documents on my Company OneDrive. I needed to attach a file and so set up OneDrive so I could see those files locally on File Explorer. However, MS decided that what I really wanted to do was sync all my personal photos...
  6. unable to change my date of birth

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to change my date of birth: I just talked to Microsoft chat and they suggest me to refer my issue to this groupI cannot edit the Date of Birth on my Microsoft account tagged a child account. No option to do so on the Manage permissions page logged in with the parent account. I cannot use Google Chrome...
  7. unable to change my date of birth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change my date of birth: I just talked to Microsoft chat and they suggest me to refer my issue to this groupI cannot edit the Date of Birth on my Microsoft account tagged a child account. No option to do so on the Manage permissions page logged in with the parent account. I cannot use Google Chrome...
  8. unable to change my date of birth

9. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...
  10. File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.

File explorer and date created/modified change when copying files/folders.: Dear Microsoft Wizards,I come to you with a tale of woe, a saga of time-displaced files and folders that have lost their way in the temporal vortex of Windows File Explorer. In an age where we can chat with AI, drive electric chariots, and binge-watch shows about dragons and...