Windows 10: New Zealand has outlawed internet trolling

Discus and support New Zealand has outlawed internet trolling in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; New Zealand is taking a strong stand against internet bullying. Under a new bill outlawing “harmful digital communications,” the country can punish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cliff S, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

New Zealand has outlawed internet trolling

Source MSN NEWS

This Forums member can only say: "Good job New Zealand, hopefully other countries follow!".

Cliff S, Jul 8, 2015
  2. unifex Win User

This is of course good news, however, how does one define "serious emotional distress" exactly? I mean there are clear cases at both ends of the spectrum, but where and how does one draw a line?

:)

unifex, Jul 8, 2015
  3. How do I install a windows 98 game on Windows 10

So I am trying to install Lucas Arts' Outlaws onto my pc which has windows 10. The game was originally made for Windows 98 I believe. I put in the disc and the install window pops up but whenever I click 'install' a window pops up saying the Outlaws setup
    program was unable to launch and then it says I can install it from the setup.exe on the Outlaws C-D ROM disk.

Great game and I would love to be able to play again. Any help would be great!

Michael64046, Jul 8, 2015
  4. [dr] Win User

New Zealand

You can report it here if you like:

HERE - Map Creator

Or possibly from within the Maps application on your phone.

[dr], Jul 8, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    I know what you mean. There are people who react too sensitive when someone say's something thoughtlessly, but wasn't trying to be mean.

I would also guess the law would be hard to enforce in "Real Time", but could be added to a sentence or give grounds for a sentence, sadly, after the fact, when it's too late.

Cliff S, Jul 8, 2015
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

While I applaud the principle of this I usually despair when Lawyers get involved with any sort of technology as they either totally make the wrong laws due to not understanding the technology or create a whole set of other loopholes that people previously wouldn't have known even existed.

It's very difficult to define in legal terms that stand up in the rigour of a Court exactly what is meant by "Trolling" - although we all have some idea of what it is. Also is writing a Nasty letter for example Illegal --if that were so just think how many debt collection and other state / govt / local authorities could be taken to court for "Nasty letters" or "Threatogram" type of stuff (You know the sorts of things --"...Unless .....receive payment in 7 days ...." type of stuff etc.)

In general it's usually best to keep Lawyers well away from anything except as an absolute last resort and just IGNORE any potential harassment.

You also by enabling this type of legislation give Carte Blanche to the authorities to monitor EVERYBODY's Internet etc -- they have the Law saying we need to prove xxxx is a Troll and we can only do that by monitoring ALL traffic.

I think it's bad enough giving security services power already -- giving Civil authorities even more power over this IMO is a step too far -- I think NZ -good intentions but BAD IDEA.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jul 8, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    The nice thing about Ten Forums is John has given us tools to deal with people we as individuals feel are trolling(personal feeling, nut not quite sure). we can unsubscribe a thread, and we can "Ignore" a member.

Cliff S, Jul 8, 2015
  8. z3r010 Win User

It's been illegal here for a few years, it's not stopped me though *Tongue

z3r010, Jul 8, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    First song for the Sensitive eh John?
    [youtube]kYnnoSFKTf8[/youtube]

Cliff S, Jul 8, 2015
  10. davehc Win User
    I am becoming emotionally distressed with this thread. I think I'll sue!

davehc, Jul 8, 2015
  11. bromanbro Win User
    Hehe, I think it's only for those extreme cases where the victim commits suicide or something. If they're still alive, then no conviction will be made.

bromanbro, Jul 8, 2015
  12. CountMike New Member
    NZ of all the countries ? Judging by some shows from NZ I have seen (i think one is called "The Force"), NZ is most lax country for punishment. For most stuff that gets sanctioned over there, in most other countries it would mean lengthy stay behind bars and/or heavy fines but in NZ a slap on a wrist or "Please don't do it again" looks like a norm.
    In any case, proving things like that is almost impossible and belongs more to civil laws than criminal.

CountMike, Jul 8, 2015
  13. batlhilz Win User

its like putting a kid to jail when he barks at another @school. a bit overkill imo. not that i support bullying but people with mental problems shouldnt be allowed to surf internet :E

batlhilz, Jul 8, 2015
  14. linw Win User
    Blame the victim is always a good strategy. Saves the bullies from thinking how their stupidity affects others.

Thema:

1. New Zealand has outlawed internet trolling - Similar Threads - Zealand has outlawed

2. IP address showing as Australia and not New Zealand since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IP address showing as Australia and not New Zealand since upgrading to Windows 11: HelloWhen I was on Windows 10, all my sites and searches linked to New Zealand. Once I had upgraded to Windows 11, all my sites are saying I am in Australia. The College I work for told me that their end, it said I was in Australia. It isn't just one site, it is all of them....
  3. IP address showing as Australia and not New Zealand since upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IP address showing as Australia and not New Zealand since upgrading to Windows 11: HelloWhen I was on Windows 10, all my sites and searches linked to New Zealand. Once I had upgraded to Windows 11, all my sites are saying I am in Australia. The College I work for told me that their end, it said I was in Australia. It isn't just one site, it is all of them....
  4. It won't let me set up a New Zealand OneDrive subscription

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me set up a New Zealand OneDrive subscription: I'm in New Zealand. OneDrive on my Windows11 PC has a button I can click to get an annual subscription for approx $NZ3.00+. When I click that to proceed it takes me to UKPound prices. The problem is that it won't let me choose New Zealand as my location. It has a short list...
  5. It won't let me set up a New Zealand OneDrive subscription

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It won't let me set up a New Zealand OneDrive subscription: I'm in New Zealand. OneDrive on my Windows11 PC has a button I can click to get an annual subscription for approx $NZ3.00+. When I click that to proceed it takes me to UKPound prices. The problem is that it won't let me choose New Zealand as my location. It has a short list...
  6. "Microsoft" is a dumb troll?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Microsoft" is a dumb troll?: Hi, I have an issue on my computer. And before you start to judge or something, I'm telling you that I know a lot of things about coincidences, random events and all related stuff, and that's definitely not it. I'll be short. I mostly 99% use total commander and when I...
  7. Typing feature installation for English (New Zealand) language pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Typing feature installation for English (New Zealand) language pack: Hello, Im trying to install a language pack on my windows 10 pro build 1903 on my pc. The thing is, whenever I install the en-NZ langugae pack, the "typing" component of it is not visible. Im after that since I want the spell check and auto correct to accept words such us...
  8. There be TROLLS here: my account was blocked by an ****.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There be TROLLS here: my account was blocked by an ****.: There be TROLLS here: my account was blocked by an ****. My account was blocked after posting two messages. The main responder did NOT read my posts and kept advising me to do stuff that had nothing to do with my question. And then i am informed my account is blocked....
  9. Can not make a in-game purchase on disney magic kingdom from new zealand

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can not make a in-game purchase on disney magic kingdom from new zealand: I have been trying many times to make a purchase on the game Disney Magic Kingdom, but every time the payment screen comes up and asks for billing address, it is locked on United States and i can not enter my own address being in New Zealand to make a purchase. have contacted...
  10. Keyboard setting for New Zealand

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard setting for New Zealand: I can only find UK, can anyone help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-setting-for-new-zealand/984ec166-3903-4f65-866a-8e37750a3783