Windows 10: Newbie Saying Hi!

Discus and support Newbie Saying Hi! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been using Windows 10 since it's release date (didn't bother with Beta testing) but have only just started using it at home as I've just purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FazzaGBR, Aug 29, 2015.

1. FazzaGBR Win User

Newbie Saying Hi!

I've been using Windows 10 since it's release date (didn't bother with Beta testing) but have only just started using it at home as I've just purchased a shiny new laptop so I thought I should join a forum as I'm likely to have plenty of question as I start using it properly!

Anyway, before I start posting different questions (as and when they crop up) I thought it would be polite to say hi, so, erm, hi!

*Smile

:)

FazzaGBR, Aug 29, 2015
  2. rahuldip Win User

7610 Need help Newbie Saying Hi! :(

Hi all, im newbie here,

Everytime i turn on my phone i get a message "Phone start-up failed. Please contact the retailer."

I even sent the phone to nokia repair services and they returned it to me with a letter saying phone was repaired, but the phone is not.

I Need help turning on the phone and gettting started with it.

Can someone share their knowledge to help this newbie here.

Thank you in advance.

rahuldip, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Nokia N73

First may I say Hi! to all as a newbie, and ask the question could somebody tell me how I can save an image from my pc to my phone as I wish to set is as the wallpaper.

Thanx

u8myufo---01, Aug 29, 2015
  4. strollin Win User

Newbie Saying Hi!

Welcome!

Did your shiny new laptop come with Windows 10 pre-installed? If so, I would expect you to have very few issues since the OS should run better after having been installed directly to a machine that was built to support it. In the past, Windows upgrades have been notoriously fraught with issues so I'm not surprised that some are having issues with their upgraded machines.

strollin, Aug 29, 2015
  5. Hiya, FazzaGBR.. *Thumbs

BugMeister, Aug 29, 2015
  6. FazzaGBR Win User
    It came with Windows 8.1, I ran the recovery app in control panel to first make a backup (just in case), I then updated the BIOS/UEFI and then performed a clean install of Windows 10. 5 minutes later it was installed and I was then downloading and installing all the drivers I needed.

I upgraded my Desktop at work the day after it was released and had no problems with it but I decided a fresh install was in order on my new laptop due to all the bloatware!!!

Thanks for the welcome! *Smile

FazzaGBR, Aug 29, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    Hello, and welcome to the forums

8. Cliff S New Member

Newbie Saying Hi!

Newbie Saying Hi! [​IMG]

To Ten Forums
    FazzaGBR

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Newbie Saying Hi!

1. Newbie Saying Hi! - Similar Threads - Newbie Saying

2. Help with batch files for a newbie.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with batch files for a newbie.: Hello and Happy New Year!I have a few files open upon log in to my windows account by using the shell:startup folder. This has been working well but I feel like instead of having to update this folder every week file names change every week due to having the date in their...
  3. Help with batch files for a newbie.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with batch files for a newbie.: Hello and Happy New Year!I have a few files open upon log in to my windows account by using the shell:startup folder. This has been working well but I feel like instead of having to update this folder every week file names change every week due to having the date in their...
  4. Help with batch files for a newbie.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Newbie Windows 10 PC will not update and shows 0x80248007 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newbie Windows 10 PC will not update and shows 0x80248007 error: Hi, I have a Windows 10 PC that I use daily for work. I recently moved from the US to the EU so the PC was in storage for 5 to 6 months. It's been working fine but after adding a new EU printer I noticed it started showing this error message 0x80248007. I tried disabling...
  6. Newbie Windows 10 PC will not update and shows 0x80248007 error

Newbie Windows 10 PC will not update and shows 0x80248007 error: Hi, I have a Windows 10 PC that I use daily for work. I recently moved from the US to the EU so the PC was in storage for 5 to 6 months. It's been working fine but after adding a new EU printer I noticed it started showing this error message 0x80248007. I tried disabling...
  7. Newbie Windows 10 PC will not update and shows 0x80248007 error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. newbie to windows 10 got hp laptop as a gift along with other software paint shop Pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    newbie to windows 10 got hp laptop as a gift along with other software paint shop Pro...: how do i install any software lap top does not have a dvd drive just digital code nothing on corel website with 2022 version only 2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newbie-to-windows-10-got-hp-laptop-as-a-gift-along/6ac666ab-c3ef-4328-9ed4-472af7125ebb
  9. newbie to windows 10 got hp laptop as a gift along with other software paint shop Pro...

newbie to windows 10 got hp laptop as a gift along with other software paint shop Pro...: how do i install any software lap top does not have a dvd drive just digital code nothing on corel website with 2022 version only 2023 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newbie-to-windows-10-got-hp-laptop-as-a-gift-along/6ac666ab-c3ef-4328-9ed4-472af7125ebb
  10. newbie to windows 10 got hp laptop as a gift along with other software paint shop Pro...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade