Windows 10: newly built pc. will not recognise USB bought from microsoft

Discus and support newly built pc. will not recognise USB bought from microsoft in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I bought Windows 10 full (not upgrade) from ms store USB version. I built my pc. entered BIOS, set it up, saved and restarted with the win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by marcuspeake, Aug 25, 2018.

1. newly built pc. will not recognise USB bought from microsoft

Hello,

I bought Windows 10 full (not upgrade) from ms store USB version.

I built my pc. entered BIOS, set it up, saved and restarted with the win 10 usb inserted.

then the pc goes and returns to bios. I look at the boot sequence and in the pane it states "No Bootable Device Found".

I thought to myself, I have an old usb with a recovery usb I made for my old pc, il see if that works cause I know it did on my prvious pc.

lo and behold the usb worked and wanted me to choose keyboard layout and then choose what I wanted to recover etc etc.

obviously unfortunately I cannot do a clean install from that recovery

usb, I would get error regarding no previous installation detected.

knowing that I have working usb sockets and that the pc will infact use the usb to boot from I decided to look at the files on the MS Store bought USB drive.

as far as I can tell it does have the correct files on it. (comparing it to the recoveryUSB file layout).

I went to my account to see if I could download it on this laptop from there and pit it on the usb drive, but there is no option for that..

I am stuck, I don't know what to do.

I hope someone can help me.

kind regards,

Marcus.

:)

marcuspeake, Aug 25, 2018
  2. dhasdell Win User

My TV no longer recognises my PC

Since moving to Windows 10, my Samsung TV doesn't recognise my PC. When I bought the TV it recognised my PC, then on Windows 7, immediately as one of the available sources, along with USB, HDMI etc. Now that I have changed to Windows 10, however, the TV
    can't see the PC as an input, though everything else, including wifi network and internet access, works as before. I've looked in the devices list in Windows 10 settings, and the TV is listed as available.
    Any suggestions, please?

dhasdell, Aug 25, 2018
  3. USB 3.0 not recognised in device manager

Step 1. Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog

Step 2. Type regedit and press Enter

Step 3. Navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_Machine > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > USB

Step 4. If the USB key does not exist into the list, then create a new key USB under Services. Now create a new DWORD value under the key that you’ve just created

Step 5. Keep the USB key selected and right-click on the blank space at the right pane

Step 6. Select New > DWORD value from the context menu

Step 7.Rename this newly created DWORD value as DisableSelectiveSuspend

Step 8. Right-click on DisableSelectiveSuspend and select Modify

Step 9. Put 1 in Value data field and then click OK

Step 10. Reboot your PC

Andre for Directly, Aug 25, 2018
  4. davidhk Win User

newly built pc. will not recognise USB bought from microsoft

newly bought external CD/DVD drive not appears in This PC screen

I just received an external CD/DVD drive I bought from Amazon.ca

newly built pc. will not recognise USB bought from microsoft [​IMG]

I plugged it in but it was not recognized and I am unable to use it.
    I went to device manager and it was there.
    How do I fix that ?

newly built pc. will not recognise USB bought from microsoft [​IMG]

*** P.S. my computers have only 2.0 USB ports. Does that matter ? ***

davidhk, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

newly built pc. will not recognise USB bought from microsoft

1. newly built pc. will not recognise USB bought from microsoft - Similar Threads - newly built recognise

2. Newly Built PC, can't boot into Windows startup from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly Built PC, can't boot into Windows startup from USB: Hello, I recently built a computer with the following parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HBd4qR . Upon finishing building the PC and attempting to boot into the windows startup, I was greeted by a couple of things depending on the BIOS settings I chose. If I had CSM support...
  3. Newly Built PC, can't boot into Windows startup from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly Built PC, can't boot into Windows startup from USB: Hello, I recently built a computer with the following parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HBd4qR . Upon finishing building the PC and attempting to boot into the windows startup, I was greeted by a couple of things depending on the BIOS settings I chose. If I had CSM support...
  4. Newly Built PC, can't boot into Windows startup from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 install from USB into newly built PC

Windows 10 install from USB into newly built PC: I recently finished building my PC and everything is running fine, when I turn it on it automatically opens up to the bios even when I have my USB in that has windows 10 downloaded onto it. All parts of the PC are coming up in the bios and everything seems like it should be...
  6. Windows 10 install from USB into newly built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 install from USB into newly built PC: I recently finished building my PC and everything is running fine, when I turn it on it automatically opens up to the bios even when I have my USB in that has windows 10 downloaded onto it. All parts of the PC are coming up in the bios and everything seems like it should be...
  7. Windows 10 install from USB into newly built PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Newly built pc help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newly built pc help: So ive got my pc all built and set up. I have windows 10 on a laptop, and got windows 10 education for free. So i know theres a media creation tool, do i just use that and then enter the product key once i put the usb in the pc and boot it up? submitted by /u/Hballzz...
  9. newly built pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...
  10. USB boot keeps freezing on newly built PC

USB boot keeps freezing on newly built PC: A few days ago i built myself a new desktop PC and tried to install windows 10 from a bootable USB that I created with Windows media creation tool. My motherboard recognized the USB stick as an option to boot and so I tried to boot from the Stick. At first the PC restarted...