Windows 10: NEWLY INSTALLED 3TB DRIVE not recognized/formattable by Win #10??

Discus and support NEWLY INSTALLED 3TB DRIVE not recognized/formattable by Win #10?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; NEWLY INSTALLED 3TB DRIVE not recognized/formattable by Win #10?? I have two exact model WD 3 TB HDD's now, but the 2nd one will not allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by axelrose1969, Sep 28, 2016.

1. NEWLY INSTALLED 3TB DRIVE not recognized/formattable by Win #10??

NEWLY INSTALLED 3TB DRIVE not recognized/formattable by Win #10??

I have two exact model WD 3 TB HDD's now, but the 2nd one will not allow me to formart or partiocian the 2nd 3tb hard drive?

What can I do?

It doesn't show up in MY PC Either..*Sick

:)

axelrose1969, Sep 28, 2016
  2. slance310 Win User

4TB Hard Disk Installation issue

Hi,

What size does Gparted say the drive is...

2.73GB is 3TB... there has to be another partition on there... probably not formatted...

I'm not sure Win 7 will recognize a boot drive larger than 3TB, and it needs to be GPT for larger than 2TB... It also requires 64 bit Win 7...

slance310, Sep 28, 2016
  3. 4TB Hard Disk Installation issue

Same 3TB. I think it is some issue with BiOS update that I did. I have written to Gigabyte, let's see what they have to say. The BiOS itself is not showing it more than 3TB inspite, of AHCI mode being on and UEFI enabled.

Ajit. Singh, Sep 28, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Perhaps it's damaged? Is it new? Take it back.

Mystere, Sep 28, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    WD had an issue a while back with their 3TB Drives Failing , so I would call them and RMA it , perhaps both of them ? , WD are very good on RMA stuff and will even Cross-Ship if you supply a C.Card No#.

KB

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NEWLY INSTALLED 3TB DRIVE not recognized/formattable by Win #10?? - Similar Threads - NEWLY INSTALLED 3TB

2. Win 10 USB install won't recognize replaced hard drive...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 USB install won't recognize replaced hard drive...: I recently replaced the hard drive on a Dell 7560 laptop but when I try to load a copy of Windows 10 from a USB drive, the software can't see the replaced hard drive. The Windows 10 install from USB dialog box asks "where to install windows" but the box it blank, No hard...
  3. Win 10 USB install won't recognize replaced hard drive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 USB install won't recognize replaced hard drive...: I recently replaced the hard drive on a Dell 7560 laptop but when I try to load a copy of Windows 10 from a USB drive, the software can't see the replaced hard drive. The Windows 10 install from USB dialog box asks "where to install windows" but the box it blank, No hard...
  4. External USB drives not recognized after Win 10 clean install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB drives not recognized after Win 10 clean install: I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (newest version 2004) on my Dell i5 PC. This was a clean install to a reformatted drive C partition, part of a 240Gb SSD. I also have a second internal HD of 4Tb, which is partitioned into 4 1Tb drives. Prior to the reinstall, both Seagate...
  5. installing win 10 on a newly built pc

installing win 10 on a newly built pc: yo okay so i recently built my first ever pc so if you start talking all technical and **** i wont understand anything you say but the problem is that when i try to install win 10 using a usb flash drive i get the error that no drives are detected, and i do not mean my usb is...
  6. External 3TB Drive broken?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External 3TB Drive broken?: Yesterday I received an external 3TB drive from a friend of mine. It worked perfectly after I formatted it. Just this morning, after restarting my computer( for an update), it wouldn't open. Whenever I try to do anything with it, it gives me this error. As I said, it worked...
  7. win 10 will not recognize new drive

win 10 will not recognize new drive: New WD drive and is not recognized by pewter.. What next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/win-10-will-not-recognize-new-drive/5eccb7ff-8792-40f2-b28c-a82fb19368a7
  8. 3tb drive works in win7, win 10 no.

3tb drive works in win7, win 10 no.: I have this drive working fine in win7 on the same PC. I formatted it as GPT, and win7 sees the entire 3tb space and is usable. I copied many gb of video files onto the drive. I boot win10 with this drive, it does not appear in file manager. disk management shows the...
  9. Win 10 clean install doesn't recognize primary drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 clean install doesn't recognize primary drive: Hi, My husband has an ASUS G752VT with a 256 SSD primary drive and a 1TB secondary drive. We are trying to do a clean install of Windows because of serious issues he's had with things not working. When the install got to the window of where to install the product, the SSD...
  10. Installing Windows 10 Pro X64 on 3TB Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 Pro X64 on 3TB Hard Drive: I recently purchased a internal 3.5 inch SATA Seagate 3TB Hard Drive from Amazon as it caught my eye because it was on sale. *chuckle I'm trying to install Windows 10 64 bit, and my problem is that my desktop, a Dell OptiPlex 3010, is only seeing 2.7 TB (2,794GB under...