Windows 10: Newly Installed Program how to get rid of "New" tag

Discus and support Newly Installed Program how to get rid of "New" tag in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Setting up Win 10 Education in audit mode. When I install a new program, and then go to All Apps, the newly installed program has "New" next to it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by thepezident, May 5, 2016.

1. Newly Installed Program how to get rid of "New" tag

Setting up Win 10 Education in audit mode.
    When I install a new program, and then go to All Apps, the newly installed program has "New" next to it.

How do I prevent the New from showing up?

In Win 7, I unchecked "Highlight newly installed programs"

thanks
    pez

:)

thepezident, May 5, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, May 5, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, May 5, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Newly Installed Program how to get rid of "New" tag

Hello pex, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

This isn't the same as what you are wanting, but you can right click on the app in "All apps" to remove "New" without having to open the app to do so.

Brink, May 5, 2016
  5. Go to Start, click on Settings. Then go to Personalization. Click on Start which is at the bottom of the list and then turn "Occasionally show suggestions in Start" off. I have this I don't get that new under recently installed software.

gamer254rb, May 5, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello gamer254rb, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Unfortunately, "New" still shows for me with that turned off.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, May 5, 2016
  7. Yeah...I saw that...thanks

thepezident, May 5, 2016
  8. Newly Installed Program how to get rid of "New" tag

Can confirm/ Does not work for me either....

thepezident, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Newly Installed Program how to get rid of "New" tag

1. Newly Installed Program how to get rid of "New" tag - Similar Threads - Newly Installed Program

2. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  3. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  4. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Permissions Problem on newly installed program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions Problem on newly installed program: Good day,I have encountered the most unusual situation.I have installed a athletics results program for the school I am working with. For some or other reason the computer does not allow the program to work. I have checked all the permissions on the folder of the program....
  6. Permissions Problem on newly installed program

Permissions Problem on newly installed program: Good day,I have encountered the most unusual situation.I have installed a athletics results program for the school I am working with. For some or other reason the computer does not allow the program to work. I have checked all the permissions on the folder of the program....
  7. How to Get Rid of New Taskbar Crapware

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Get Rid of New Taskbar Crapware: I'm suddenly seeing new crapware on my taskbar amongst other placesand would like to know how to get rid of it.Why is Microsoft changing users PCs things without any user consent!Even the icon next to it, why is it always enabled? I don't want it, never asked for it. All the...
  8. Can't Get Rid of Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Get Rid of Program: Please read the entire post as it explains whats wrong: A little while ago I got rainbow six and logging on was easy but after a while something happend where it wouldn't let me connect to the network and I went through a bunch of hurdles with tech support, but in the end...
  9. How to disable the "New" tag on newly installed programs

How to disable the "New" tag on newly installed programs: How do I disable the "New" tag in the startup menu whenever a new program is installed? Thanks Daryl 45604
  10. How to get rid of all the unneeded programs?

How to get rid of all the unneeded programs?: Windows 10 comes with a bunch of programs I don't need (at all) - agenda (I use Outlook 2013) - Mail (I use Outlook) - Films and TV (not interested) How could they be completely uninstalled? They might not take up a lot of space, but I don't need them. Thanks in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn off new tag on new programs windows 10