Windows 10: News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.

Discus and support News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Okay, this has been happening once in a while since I ever got the update that introduced this however I been curious what and why does it happen?It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BCTheDude, Feb 21, 2024.

1. BCTheDude Win User

News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.

Okay, this has been happening once in a while since I ever got the update that introduced this however I been curious what and why does it happen?It basically removes the weather from my bar and reduces the thing to a simple newspaper icon, clicking or hovering on it shows the news as usual and after a hour or two the thing fixes itself or through a restartI am still wondering why it happens.

:)

BCTheDude, Feb 21, 2024

2. Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.

In my pc i am getting a newspaper icon on startup and not weather icon. Pls help me get the weather icon in place of the news paper lie thing just after start up. After clicking on the newspaper like icon on the taskbar it changes to weather icon but it does not change to weather icon immediately after startup.

ArpitaRoy1, Feb 21, 2024
  3. tehuti88 Win User
    News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon

I'm suddenly experiencing the same problem. Was working fine until I turned on my laptop today, and the weather wouldn't update from last night. When I hovered over it, there was no longer any weather forecast in my feed. (Yes, it's set to display there.) I tried refreshing, checking the weather app and website, nothing. Finally figured out how to turn News & Interests off and then back on ("Show Icon & Text" rather than simply "Turn on"!), even restarted my computer, but now all it shows is a newspaper icon. No more weather. Not even when I hover over it.

Yes, I checked, it's still set to "Show Icon & Text."

The weather was the one feature I liked most about this new update, having this little newspaper icon only is useless. :/

I don't know what my "build" is or anything like that, sorry.

EDIT, it just now showed up, now that I posted this...well huh. Right as I was looking up my build (19042.1052).

tehuti88, Feb 21, 2024
  4. News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.

News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon

Title, it used to show the current weather and temperature but lately it just shows a newspaper icon instead

male gardevoir2, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.

1. News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon. - Similar Threads - News Weather bar

2. News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.: Okay, this has been happening once in a while since I ever got the update that introduced this however I been curious what and why does it happen?It basically removes the weather from my bar and reduces the thing to a simple newspaper icon, clicking or hovering on it shows...
  3. News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.: Okay, this has been happening once in a while since I ever got the update that introduced this however I been curious what and why does it happen?It basically removes the weather from my bar and reduces the thing to a simple newspaper icon, clicking or hovering on it shows...
  4. The weather and news icon on the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The weather and news icon on the task bar: The weather and news icon on the task bar is having trouble getting through my firewall. I need to know it's name in order to give it access. What name does it have?...
  5. The weather and news icon on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The weather and news icon on the task bar: The weather and news icon on the task bar is having trouble getting through my firewall. I need to know it's name in order to give it access. What name does it have?...
  6. Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.: In my pc i am getting a newspaper icon on startup and not weather icon. Pls help me get the weather icon in place of the news paper lie thing just after start up. After clicking on the newspaper like icon on the taskbar it changes to weather icon but it does not change to...
  7. Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.: In my pc i am getting a newspaper icon on startup and not weather icon. Pls help me get the weather icon in place of the news paper lie thing just after start up. After clicking on the newspaper like icon on the taskbar it changes to weather icon but it does not change to...
  8. Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.

9. News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon

News and weather widget on taskbar not showing weather, just a newspaper icon: Title, it used to show the current weather and temperature but lately it just shows a newspaper icon instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-weather-widget-on-taskbar-not-showing/8b3b302d-dc26-4cd9-a8da-d24a7deb6aa7
  10. Weather and news bar

Weather and news bar: How to change this stupid °F to °C in new weather and news bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-and-news-bar/3b465c5a-058e-4e25-99d1-a44d345e47b2