Windows 10: Change Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Windows

Discus and support Change Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Windows [img] Information The Battery setting in Power Options allows you to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Windows

How to: Change Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Windows

Change Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Windows [​IMG]
    Information The Battery setting in Power Options allows you to configure notification and action settings you want when your battery reaches a set low and critical level.

By default, when your battery reaches a low or critical level, you will get a "Your battery is running low" (low) or "Your battery is very low" (critical) notification before the set action is taken.

This tutorial will show you how to change the low and critical battery notification, level, and action settings for your active power plan in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Note These settings will affect all users that use the same active power plan scheme.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change Low Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Power Options
    • Option Two: Change Critical Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Power Options
    • Option Three: Change Low Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Command Prompt
    • Option Four: Change Critical Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Command Prompt
    EXAMPLE: "Your battery is running low" (low) or "Your battery is very low" (critical) notification

OPTION ONE [/i] Change Low Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Power Options
    1. Open your advanced power plan settings in Power Options.

2. Do step 3 (notification), step 4 (level), and step 5 (action) below for the low battery settings you want to change.

3. To Turn On or Off Low Battery Notification

Note This setting is to specify whether a notification is shown when the battery capacity reaches the low level you set in step 4 below.

A) Expand open Battery, and expand open Low battery notification. (see screenshot below)

B) Select On (default) or Off for what you want in the On battery and Plugged in drop menus, and click/tap on Apply.

4. To Change Low Battery Level

Note This setting is to specify the percentage of battery capacity remaining to show a low battery notification (if turned on) from step 3 and initiates the low battery action you set in step 5 below.

A) Expand open Battery, and expand open Low battery level. (see screenshot below)

B) Select or enter a percentage (0 to 100 - 10% is default) you want in the On battery and Plugged in settings, and click/tap on Apply.

5. To Change Low Battery Action

Note This setting is to specify the action that your computer takes when the battery capacity reaches the low level you set in step 4 below.

A) Expand open Battery, and expand open Low battery action. (see screenshot below)

B) Select Do nothing (default), Sleep, Hibernate, or Shutdown for what you want in the On battery and Plugged in drop menus, and click/tap on Apply.

6. When finished, you can click/tap on OK in Power Options.

OPTION TWO [/i] Change Critical Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Power Options
    1. Open your advanced power plan settings in Power Options.

2. Do step 3 (notification), step 4 (level), and step 5 (action) below for the low battery settings you want to change.

3. To Turn On or Off Critical Battery Notification

Note This setting is to specify whether a notification is shown when the battery capacity reaches the critical level you set in step 4 below.

A) Expand open Battery, and expand open Critical battery notification. (see screenshot below)

B) Select On (default) or Off for what you want in the On battery and Plugged in drop menus, and click/tap on Apply.

4. To Change Critical Battery Level

Note This setting is to specify the percentage of battery capacity remaining to show a critical battery notification (if turned on) from step 3 and initiates the critical battery action you set in step 5 below.

A) Expand open Battery, and expand open Critical battery level. (see screenshot below)

B) Select or enter a percentage (0 to 100 - 5% is default) you want in the On battery and Plugged in settings, and click/tap on Apply.

5. To Change Critical Battery Action

Note This setting is to specify the action that your computer takes when the battery capacity reaches the critical level you set in step 4 below.

A) Expand open Battery, and expand open Critical battery action. (see screenshot below)

B) Select Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate (default), or Shutdown for what you want in the On battery and Plugged in drop menus, and click/tap on Apply.

6. When finished, you can click/tap on OK in Power Options.

OPTION THREE [/i] Change Low Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

3. To Turn On or Off Low Battery Notification

Note This setting is to specify whether a notification is shown when the battery capacity reaches the low level you set in step 4 below.

A) Enter the command below for On battery and/or Plugged in you want to use into the command prompt, and press Enter.

(On battery: Turn on low battery notification)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f bcded951-187b-4d05-bccc-f7e51960c258 1

OR

(On battery: Turn off low battery notification)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f bcded951-187b-4d05-bccc-f7e51960c258 0

AND/OR

(Plugged in: Turn on low battery notification)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f bcded951-187b-4d05-bccc-f7e51960c258 1

OR

(Plugged in: Turn off low battery notification)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f bcded951-187b-4d05-bccc-f7e51960c258 0

4. To Change Low Battery Level

Note This setting is to specify the percentage of battery capacity remaining to show a low battery notification (if turned on) from step 3 and initiates the low battery action you set in step 5 below.

A) Enter the command below for On battery and/or Plugged in you want to use into the command prompt, and press Enter.

(On battery)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f 8183ba9a-e910-48da-8769-14ae6dc1170a percentage

AND/OR

(Plugged in)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f 8183ba9a-e910-48da-8769-14ae6dc1170a percentage

Note Substitute percentage in the commands above with a percentage number between 0 to 100 for the low battery level you want.

The default low battery level is 10%.

5. To Change Low Battery Action

Note This setting is to specify the action that your computer takes when the battery capacity reaches the low level you set in step 4 below.

(On battery)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f d8742dcb-3e6a-4b3c-b3fe-374623cdcf06 action

AND/OR

(Plugged in)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f d8742dcb-3e6a-4b3c-b3fe-374623cdcf06 action

Note Substitute action in the commands above with the value number in the table below for the low battery action you want.

[table][tr][td]Value Number[/td] [td]Action[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]0[/td] [td]Do nothing (default)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]1[/td] [td]Sleep[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]2[/td] [td]Hibernate[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]3[/td] [td]Shutdown[/td] [/tr] [/table]

6. When finished, you can close the command prompt if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Change Critical Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Do step 3 (notification), step 4 (level), and step 5 (action) below for the critical battery settings you want to change.

3. To Turn On or Off Critical Battery Notification

(On battery: Turn on critical battery notification)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f 5dbb7c9f-38e9-40d2-9749-4f8a0e9f640f 1

OR

(On battery: Turn off critical battery notification)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f 5dbb7c9f-38e9-40d2-9749-4f8a0e9f640f 0

AND/OR

(Plugged in: Turn on critical battery notification)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f 5dbb7c9f-38e9-40d2-9749-4f8a0e9f640f 1

OR

(Plugged in: Turn off critical battery notification)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f 5dbb7c9f-38e9-40d2-9749-4f8a0e9f640f 0

4. To Change Critical Battery Level

Note This setting is to specify the percentage of battery capacity remaining to show a critical battery notification (if turned on) from step 3 and initiates the low battery action you set in step 5 below.

(On battery)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f 9a66d8d7-4ff7-4ef9-b5a2-5a326ca2a469 percentage

AND/OR

(Plugged in)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f 9a66d8d7-4ff7-4ef9-b5a2-5a326ca2a469 percentage

Note Substitute percentage in the commands above with a percentage number between 0 to 100 for the critical battery level you want.

The default critical battery level is 5%.

5. To Change Critical Battery Action

Note This setting is to specify the action that your computer takes when the battery capacity reaches the critical level you set in step 4 below.

(On battery)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETDCVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f 637ea02f-bbcb-4015-8e2c-a1c7b9c0b546 action

AND/OR

(Plugged in)
    *Arrow powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT e73a048d-bf27-4f12-9731-8b2076e8891f 637ea02f-bbcb-4015-8e2c-a1c7b9c0b546 action

Note Substitute action in the commands above with the value number in the table below for the critical battery action you want.

[table][tr][td]Value Number[/td] [td]Action[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]0[/td] [td]Do nothing[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]1[/td] [td]Sleep[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]2[/td] [td]Hibernate (default)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]3[/td] [td]Shutdown[/td] [/tr] [/table]

6. When finished, you can close the command prompt if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 8, 2017

2. How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

The Battery saver notification switch is set to 'on' and is grayed out, and can't be changed.

BruceNoonan, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Windows

How to disable battery notifications on laptop when connected to AC?

Hi,

You are receiving Battery Saver notifications to help you prolong the battery life of your desktop. To help you resolve this concern, we would like to suggest these steps to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver. Turn off the slider.

Let us know if the above steps resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Xylee Del Win User
    Deactivate low battery notification

Hi,

Windows 10 may have detected your old battery, the reason why your computer kept of notifying you about the battery life. To help you disable this notification, we suggest that you follow the steps below to turn off the notifications from battery saver:

(Note: Make sure to unplug your laptop from the power source first before performing the steps below.)

• Open Settings app.
    • Select System.
    • Click on Notifications & actions tab.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery Saver and turn off the slider.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2019
  6. DaveM121 Win User
    Battery level issue

Hi Matt, Go to Control Panel - Power Options Click Power Plan Options on your Current Power Plan Click 'Change Advanced Power Settings In the resulting Dialog at the bottom of the list, expand the 'Batteries' section Change the value for Critical Battery
    Level and Low Battery Level Make sure Low Battery Notification is set to ON

DaveM121, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Windows

1. Change Battery Notification, Level, and Action Settings in Windows - Similar Threads - Change Battery Notification

2. Low battery warning level change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low battery warning level change: How do I change the low battery warning on Windows for education from 10% to 20%. I do not have access to an administrator login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-battery-warning-level-change/b81160e8-0ad7-418b-83a0-38864c780aae
  3. Low battery warning level change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low battery warning level change: How do I change the low battery warning on Windows for education from 10% to 20%. I do not have access to an administrator login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/low-battery-warning-level-change/b81160e8-0ad7-418b-83a0-38864c780aae
  4. Windows 10 Notification Centre - Change Actions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Notification Centre - Change Actions: Hi Community,I'm looking for a way to change the way that the items at the bottom of the Windows 10 Notification Centre aka Action Centre behave. For example, if you click on the Bluetooth item, Bluetooth is turned off which is not what is expected.One would otherwise expect...
  5. Notifications and Actions settings won't save

Notifications and Actions settings won't save: I recently got a new PC desktop and I was trying to turn off specific notifications in Notifications and Actions from my Settings. But whenever I click out of Notifications and Actions, the adjustments I made are reset to where they were before. The only thing that saves is...
  6. Turning off notifications Settings > System > Notifications & actions

Turning off notifications Settings > System > Notifications & actions: The registry keys for each of the notifications in the above settings page are located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned. Each notification adds a separate string value for the notification. Turning the notification off deletes the key. The notifications...
  7. Cant change UAC notification level.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant change UAC notification level.: Hello, I have recently changed the notification level of the UAC to never notify but then I wanted to undo that because I could not run apps as administrator. But when I try to change it back by pressing the Change settings button under UAC in the control panel but nothing...
  8. Add Applications To Notifications And Actions Settings.

Add Applications To Notifications And Actions Settings.: Hi, Recently i had a problem with my windows 10 home and i had to reset it. However, under System>Notificactions and Actions, many apps don't appear in this list. The attached image shows the applications I have in the list. How can i add more apps to this list? For...
  9. battery level

battery level: At one point windows ask if I wanted the battery level to be less when plugged in. Unfortunately, I updated. Now a want a full charge on the battery so computer can be used while traveling. I can't find the place to change it back to full power charge. Can anyone help???...
  10. Settings/Notifications & actions

Settings/Notifications & actions: Good Morning Community: My question is: How can I delete, not disable, a third-party web-site notification in my Windows 10, build 18342.19h1, Settings, Notifications & actions menu? As an example I have disabled this web-site notification "hddmag.com (via Microsoft...