Windows 10: Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10

Discus and support Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 [img] Information The included Groove Music app in Windows 10 allows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10

How to: Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10

Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The included Groove Music app in Windows 10 allows you to listen to your favorite music on your Windows, iOS, and Android devices. You can create a playlist with music you've purchased or uploaded to OneDrive or pick your background music on Xbox One.

In the Groove Music app, you can edit the metadata for your songs and albums that are saved locally on your PC.

This tutorial will show you how to edit the metadata info for your locally saved songs and albums in the Groove Music app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Edit Metadata Info of Locally Saved Albums in Groove Music app
    • Option Two: To Edit Metadata Info of Locally Saved Songs in Groove Music app

OPTION ONE [/i] To Edit Metadata Info of Locally Saved Albums in Groove Music app
    1. While you have the Groove Music app open: (see screenshot below)
    A) Click/tap on My Music on the left side.

B) Click/tap on the Albums tab on the right side.

C) Right click or press and hold on an album you want to edit, and click/tap on Edit info.

Note If Edit info is not available, then it means that the selected album is not saved locally on your PC.

2.You can now edit the album metadata info to what you want, and click/tap on Save when finished. (see screenshots below)

Note You can click/tap on the Find album info button to update metadata for marked tracks. You would select what you want on the left side, and click/tap on Finish when done.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Edit Metadata Info of Locally Saved Songs in Groove Music app
    1. While you have the Groove Music app open: (see screenshot below)
    A) Click/tap on My Music on the left side.

B) Click/tap on the Songs tab on the right side.

C) Right click or press and hold on a song you want to edit, and click/tap on Edit info.

Note If Edit info is not available, then it means that the selected song is not saved locally on your PC.

2.You can now edit the song metadata info to what you want, and click/tap on Save when finished. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 1, 2017

2. Groove Music metadata

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow methods mentioned below to edit metadata in Groove music app.

Method 1: Edit metadata using Groove.

1. Open Groove and click on
      My Music.
    2. Under My Music, use the filter menu and select
      only on this device.
    3. Right click the album with the tracks and select
      Edit info.
    4. In the Edit Album Info, you can edit the metadata information.
    5. You can even click on
      pencil
      button to update album thumbnail image.
    6. By turning on the switch under
      Show advanced options, you can change song soft title.
    7. Click on Save.

Method 2: Edit metadata using File explorer.

1. Open File Explorer and browse to the location of the songs.
    2. Right click on music file and select
      Properties.
    3. Go to Details tab and click the
      Value field next to the Property.
    4. You can edit the metadata accordingly.
    5. Then click on Apply >
      OK.

Hope it helps.

If you find the answer useful, kindly tick your response.

Manjunath_H, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro + Groove Music App + Edit Media Info (Metadata).. Is anyone at Microsoft Listening?

Microsoft, we need a way to Edit the Metadata from within your Groove Music App on Windows 10 PLEASE.

I can do this from within my Zune and iTunes Software, but not the new Groove Music App.

Searching Microsoft's Help Forums on this topic provides NO way to fix or a work-around.

I always set the Metadata Fields (song name, album title, artist) from within the Album Folder Properties. But sometimes Groove Music App doesn't pick these up, and displays Unknown Album, with NO way to edit.

Trying these following options does not allow Editing the Song, Album, Artist Metadata from within the Groove Music App....

Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 968fc86e-6033-476a-aa32-6a79809aa0ab.png

Find Album Info (online) in Zune and Windows Media Player allows you to pick from a list or search for another...

Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 2c82b5b4-3e12-496e-9731-6a4c6b35de05.png

Groove Music App doesn't let you search....

Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 2e3aac7b-56ea-49a6-89ae-44029b549f6b.png

By Right Clicking the Song, and going to Properties, Groove Music App doesn't let you Edit any of the Metadata, at ALL.

Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 6250ffad-7822-42c8-baa3-9471b4804e24.jpg

Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 d6b14338-b3f5-41d3-80ad-cf3e36144fc3.png

Microsoft, please help with the GREAT APP (Groove Music) and allow us Loyal Customers to Edit the Metadata in our MP3 Collection.

Thanks in Advance,

William Davidson

Oceana Network Security

Vancouver, BC Canada

Williamdinbc, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10

Groove Music - How to add art to album or artist

How To Change Album Art

• Open up Groove Music.
    • Click on an album
    • Somewhere on the top, you will find 3 dots placed horizontally. Click on it.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Then click the box with the pencil on the corner.
    • Done.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ If you can't find an album and it says "Unknown Album" Follow these steps

• Right click on a song.
    • Click "Edit Info".
    • Fill in the boxes (They will say Unknown Artist or Unknown Album)
    • Then you will see the songs in an album (If you press Album on the side of Groove Music.
    • Done.

Jessica杰西卡, Oct 27, 2019
  5. garym123 Win User
    Songs on Windows Phone not showing up in groove music

How can Groove sort the song by artist if there is no artist info in the metadata for the song, because there is no artist info in the tag.

This is why.

To display correctly in the Groove filter list the album, artist and song data have to be entered in the mp3 tag, metadata.

If any of this data is missing the song will not show up in the artist, album or song list.

How can you expect a list to be correct with incomplete metadata in the song?

garym123, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Edwin Win User
    Groove and Album details..

Bring up an album in Groove, click on 'More...', then click on 'Get album info'.

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10

1. Edit Song and Album Metadata Info in Groove Music app in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Edit Song Album

2. groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist: why won't groove music save any edit info for songs, album or artist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-wont-save-any-edit-info-for-albums-or/f7efb95b-aa20-4616-aab6-c7ff855dd24d
  3. groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    groove music won't save any edit info for albums or songs or artist: why won't groove music save any edit info for songs, album or artist? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-wont-save-any-edit-info-for-albums-or/f7efb95b-aa20-4616-aab6-c7ff855dd24d
  4. Groove Music isn't letting me edit my albums metadata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Groove Music isn't letting me edit my albums metadata: Greetings, so I made a album with one of my friends and everything works fine, I added metadata to the .wav file made cover art and all of that, I even opened it with media player however when I open the album with groove music it says "Unknown Album" and "Unknown Artist" and...
  5. Groove Music isn't letting me edit my albums metadata

Groove Music isn't letting me edit my albums metadata: Greetings, so I made a album with one of my friends and everything works fine, I added metadata to the .wav file made cover art and all of that, I even opened it with media player however when I open the album with groove music it says "Unknown Album" and "Unknown Artist" and...
  6. Groove Music Artist Metadata

Groove Music Artist Metadata: I'm trying to fix the artist metadata on Groove Music (i.e. Profile Picture and Description), but I can't find the folder on where it's at. Can somebody help? Build number: 18362.1139 167132
  7. Groove Music crashes when 'More options' menu is clicked to edit song info.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music crashes when 'More options' menu is clicked to edit song info.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lolpo555 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fux9j8/groove_music_crashes_when_more_options_menu_is/
  8. Groove music song/album titles cut short

Groove music song/album titles cut short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  9. Groove music song/album titles cit short

Groove music song/album titles cit short: Hi there, I recently purchased a new desktop PC with Windows 10 already installed, so I figured I'd import my music to the device. However, rather than placing it on the PC's internal hard drive, I figured I may as well keep it on an external HDD which I had been using to...
  10. Groove Music metadata

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove Music metadata: How to delete album metadata that applied by Groove Music. Because I have a Coldplay album song and my emulated Mac OS 9 cannot read that album because the album metadata that applied to my song....