Windows 10: Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10

Discus and support Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10 How to Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10 The capturing clips,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10

How to: Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10

How to Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10

The capturing clips, and sharing captures to Twitterall from one dashboard in Windows 10.

Starting with Windows app mode theme for the Game bar.

See also: Introducing the New Xbox Game Bar for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

This tutorial will show you how to change the Game bar to use a light or dark theme for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+G keys to open the Game bar.

2. Click/tap on the Settings (gear) button on the Game bar. (see screenshots below)

3. Click/tap on the Personalization tab on the left in Settings.

4. Select (dot) Light, Dark (default), or Current Windows theme for the theme you want, and close Game bar settings.

Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 19, 2018
  2. A3KP Win User

Light and dark themes

Is there a possebility to implement in the future Windows builds the light/dark theme in the personal maps?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

3. Arun B J Win User
    Is there any way to change the system theme between light and dark in Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for choosing windows 10.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below.

To Choose a Theme in Personalization

• Right click or press and hold on your desktop, click/tap on Personalize
    • Click/tap on Themes on the left side, click/tap on the Go to theme settings link under "Themes" on the right side, and close Settings,
    • Click/tap on a theme you want to choose.
    To Choose a High Contrast Theme in Settings app

• Open
      Settings
      , and do
      step 2
      or
      step 3
      below for how you would like to open High contrast settings.
    • Click/tap on the Personalization icon, click/tap on Colors on the left side, click/tap on go to high contrast color settings link at the bottom of the right side.
    • Click/tap on the Ease of Access icon
    • Click/tap on High contrast on the left side, and choose a high contrast theme you want in the drop down menu on the right side.
    • Make any
      color
      changes you would like, and click/tap on Apply
    • When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10

Keep explorer use light theme while other metro app use dark theme

Hi, i just recently update my windows to windows 10 version 1809. Previously i use dark theme for the metro apps and really like it. then after the update i surprised that now the explorer and bars on the windows also have dark theme. it quite nice but i
    don't like it too much. because the icons is not ready for the change. also, the control panel still it's white background but the bars under the windows frame is dark, it just doesn't feels right.

So, is there any way to keep the bars, and explorer background light while keep the metro apps dark?

cheka handy, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern related to changing the File Explorer theme from Dark to Light.

You can follow the suggestions mentioned below to change the theme to Light.

1. Press Windows + I keys together to open
      Settings.
    2. Now click on Personalization
    3. At the left hand pane select Colors
    4. Now on the right hand side under Choose your color select the drop down to
      Light

If you have any further queries, please do let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 27, 2019
  6. kmint Win User
    kmint, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10

1. Choose Light or Dark Theme for Game Bar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Choose Light Dark

2. Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme: When I use the windows search bar and type the theme is in dark theme. It used to be in light theme and It changed to dark without me changing something. The issue is I can't make the background white without windows taking away the feature to have the task bar green. Does...
  3. Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme: When I use the windows search bar and type the theme is in dark theme. It used to be in light theme and It changed to dark without me changing something. The issue is I can't make the background white without windows taking away the feature to have the task bar green. Does...
  4. Windows search Bar stuck in dark theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles a mixture of dark and light theme: Hi, After upgrading to 20H2 19042.572 - one section of my start menu shows both dark and light tiles. If I switch to a light theme, all looks right, switch back to the dark theme, looks a mess. Does anyone else have this issue? Dark Theme [ATTACH] Light Theme [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Dark Theme: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shajirr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6zkis/windows_10_dark_theme/
  7. Windows 10 dark theme...

Windows 10 dark theme...: Just as curious WHEN Microsoft will actually make a truly dark theme. Notepad in as in-app since 3.1. Yet why is it not available in dark, with a white font..? 147899
  8. windows 10 dark theme

windows 10 dark theme: hi i updated windows 10 pro but dark theme didn't effect all panels like windows explorer and right click menu i changed windows theme from personalize and select colors then dark mode for windows apps how to solve this problem ?...
  9. Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Change Default App & Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Change Default App Mode and Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme Color in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can change your apps instantly from light mode to dark mode great for low-light...
  10. Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10: How to: Change to Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Change to a Light or Dark Theme for Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule...