Windows 10: Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Discus and support Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 9, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

How to: Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

How to Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were physical computer systems, however they exist in a virtualized and isolated environment.

If you like, you can delete a Hyper-V virtual machine to remove it from the Hyper-V Manager.

When you delete a Hyper-V virtual machine, it deletes the virtual machine's configuration file, but does not delete any virtual hard drives (.vhdx). If the virtual machine has any checkpoints (aka: snapshots), these are deleted and merged into the virtual hard disk files after the virtual machine is deleted.

This tutorial will show you how to delete a Hyper-V virtual machine on your Windows 10 PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Hyper-V Manager
    • Option Two: Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in PowerShell

OPTION ONE [/i] Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Hyper-V Manager
    1. Open Hyper-V Manager (virtmgmt.msc).

2. Select the Hyper-V virtual machine (ex: "Windows 7 Ultimate") you want to delete, and perform one of the following actions: (see screenshot below)
    • Press the Del key.
    • Click/tap on Delete in the Actions pane on the far right.
    • Right click or press and hold on the virtual machine, and click/tap on Delete.

Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. When prompted, click/tap on Delete to confirm. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close the Hyper-V Manager if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in PowerShell
    *note To see more usage options for the Remove-VM command, see: Remove-VM
    1. Open an elevated PowerShell.

2. Type Get-VM into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. Make note of the Hyper-V virtual machine name (ex: "Windows 7 Ultimate") you want to delete. (see screenshot below)

3. Type the command below into the elevated PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow Remove-VM "<VM name>" -Force"

*note Substitute <VM name> in the command above with the actual virtual machine name (ex: "Windows 7 Ultimate") from step 2 you want to delete.

For example: Remove-VM "Windows 7 Ultimate" -Force"

4. When finished, you can close the elevated PowerShell if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 9, 2018
  2. SarahKong Win User

Hyper-V Virtual Machine not recognised

The folder where your VM is do you see a .vhd file?

Here is a great article step by step on how to import VM into hyper-v.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/conte...

SarahKong, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Mark St..., Oct 27, 2019
  5. Andre Da Costa, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Kari Win User
    Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

Thema:

Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

1. Delete Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Delete Hyper Virtual

2. Issues with Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi all, I'm running Ubuntu 19.04 in a Hyper-V Virtual Machine. It's configured to use Hyper-V's "Default Switch" network adapter, but for some reason, the VM doesn't seem to get internet access. My computer is connected to the Internet (both through Wi-Fi and Ethernet). I've...
  3. Hyper V- Virtual Machine Error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper V- Virtual Machine Error: While starting the Vistual Machine i am facing the below error shown in Event Viewer. Plz Help me out to resolve this problem. License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code: hr=0x8007232B Command-line arguments:...
  4. Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper V not connecting to virtual machine: Suddenly, Hyper V would not connect to any Virtual Machine using the Virtual Machine Connection. I trying creating new VMs and nothing worked. I am using Windows 10 Education....
  5. Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines: How to: Hyper-V - Optimizing Virtual Machines Running Windows on a virtual machine can naturally never be as fast as same version of Windows on same computer running on physical hardware. However, by tweaking virtual machine settings, you can greatly impact the speed and...
  6. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...
  7. Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi, I was wondering if all I really need to do to backup activated virtual machines but not associated virtual hard drives is just to copy the virtual hard drive folder to another drive (or even one drive) . All I am really interested is in saving the machines which have...
  8. Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Import Hyper-V Virtual Machines Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were physical...
  9. Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Export Hyper-V Virtual Machines in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were...
  10. Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows: How to: Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows How to Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 8 and 10 [img] Note There's nothing wrong in running the Hyper-V Manager and launch your virtual machines from there. However, creating a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete virtual machine hyperv

2. delete virtual switch for Hyper-V virtual machines