Windows 10: Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition

Discus and support Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition How to Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition Starting with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition

How to: Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition

How to Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition

Starting with Windows Sandbox.

Windows Sandbox is a new lightweight desktop environment tailored for safely running applications in isolation.

How many times have you downloaded an executable file, but were afraid to run it? Have you ever been in a situation which required a clean installation of Windows, but didnt want to set up a virtual machine?

At Microsoft, they regularly encounter these situations, so they developed Windows Sandbox: an isolated desktop environment where you can run untrusted software without the fear of lasting impact to your device. Any software installed in Windows Sandbox stays only in the sandbox and cannot affect your host. Once Windows Sandbox is closed, all the software with all of its files and state are permanently deleted.

When Windows Sandbox is enabled a read-only 8 GB PortableBaseLayer system partition without a drive letter is automatically created and should not be deleted. The PortableBaseLayer partition is automatically removed when Windows Sandbox is disabled.

Windows Sandbox has the following properties:
    • Part of Windows – everything required for this feature ships with Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise. No need to download a VHD!
    • Pristine – every time Windows Sandbox runs, it’s as clean as a brand-new installation of Windows
    • Disposable – nothing persists on the device; everything is discarded after you close the application
    • Secure – uses hardware-based virtualization for kernel isolation, which relies on the Microsoft Hypervisor to run a separate kernel which isolates Windows Sandbox from the host
    • Efficient – uses integrated kernel scheduler, smart memory management, and virtual GPU
    Prerequisites for using the feature
    • Windows 10 build 18305 or higher
    • AMD64 architecture (64-bit)
    • Virtualization capabilities enabled in BIOS
    • At least 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
    • At least 1 GB of free disk space (SSD recommended)
    • At least 2 CPU cores (4 cores with hyperthreading recommended)
    This tutorial will show you how to install or uninstall the Windows Sandbox feature on a PC with Windows 10 Home edition installed.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable Windows Sandbox.[/I]

If you have Controlled Folder Access turn on, you will need to temporarily turn it off until after you have finished enabling Windows Sandbox.

Contents
    • Option One: To Install Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition
    • Option Two: To Uninstall Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition

EXAMPLE: Windows Sandbox

Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Install Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition
    1 Click/tap on the Download button below to download the sandbox-installer.zip file created by Benny at Deskmodder.
    Download
    2 Save the sandbox-installer.zip file to your desktop.

3 Unblock the sandbox-installer.zip file.

4 Open the unblocked sandbox-installer.zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the Sandbox Installer.bat file to your desktop.

5 Run the Sandbox Installer.bat file.
    Contents of .bat file:
    Code:
    6 Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC.

7 A command prompt window will now open to install the Windows Sandbox feature on your Windows 10 Home PC. When finished, type Y when prompted, and press Enter to restart the computer to apply. (see screenshot below)

Be sure to save and close everything before typing Y and pressing Enter to restart the computer.

8 After your computer has finished restarting, you will now be able to edition computer.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Uninstall Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition
    1 Do step 2 (Windows Features), step 3 (command prompt), or step 4 (BATfile) below for how you would like to uninstall Windows Sandbox.

2. To Uninstall Windows Sandbox Feature in Command Prompt
    A) Press the Win+R keys to open run, type OptionalFeatures.exe into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Windows Features.

B) Uncheck Windows Sandbox, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

C) When ready, click/tap on Restart now to restart the computer to apply. (see screenshot below)

3. To Uninstall Windows Sandbox Feature in Command Prompt
    A) Open an elevated command prompt.

B) Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    Dism /online /Disable-Feature /FeatureName:"Containers-DisposableClientVM"
    C) When prompted to restart the computer, type Y when ready to do so.

Be sure to save and close everything before you restart the computer.

4. To Uninstall Windows Sandbox Feature using a BAT file
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the sandbox-uninstaller.zip file created by Ben at Deskmodder.
    Download
    B) Save the sandbox-uninstaller.zip file to your desktop.

C) Unblock the sandbox-installer.zip file.

D) Open the unblocked sandbox-uninstaller.zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the Sandbox UnInstaller.bat file to your desktop.

E) Run the Sandbox UnInstaller.bat file.
    Contents of .bat file:
    Code:
    F) Click/tap on Yes when prompted by UAC.

G) A command prompt window will now open to uninstall the Windows Sandbox feature on your Windows 10 Home PC. When finished, type Y when prompted, and press Enter to restart the computer to apply. (see screenshot below)

Be sure to save and close everything before you restart the computer.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 16, 2018
  2. strange Win User
    strange, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Compumind Win User

Compumind, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Fabler2 Win User

Attachment 236396.Attachment 236392Attachment 236394

Having task manager showing virtualisation enabled I assumed that it was enabled in the BIOS. Can't remember the error code I was having just assumed there was a bug that it wouldn't open. When I eventually checked the BIOS I found it wasn't enabled there.*Redface Worked afterwards.

Fabler2, Oct 27, 2019
  6. strange Win User

please tell me what to do.

strange, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable Windows Sandbox Feature in Windows 10 Home Edition - Similar Threads - Enable Sandbox Feature

2. windows 11 home edition win sandbox error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 home edition win sandbox error: i got an error while trying to launch win sandbox plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-home-edition-win-sandbox-error/b28839dd-b2e5-4438-a9b7-66ee77e9f0a0
  3. windows 11 home edition win sandbox error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 home edition win sandbox error: i got an error while trying to launch win sandbox plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-home-edition-win-sandbox-error/b28839dd-b2e5-4438-a9b7-66ee77e9f0a0
  4. Windows 10 Home Edition Feature Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Edition Feature Updates: I have Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Am able to successfully load a Quality Updates, b Driver Updates, c Definition Updates, and d Other Updates. I successfully run with no issues: a Windows Update Troubleshoot, b DISM, and c sfc scan. The only potential issue and may...
  5. How to enable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Home: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Sandbox works on the principle of a disposable virtualized desktop environment where a user can run temporary commands and actions. It is backed up with the Hyper-V virtualization platform. But sadly, this feature is not available for Windows 10 [...]...
  6. enable group policy on Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enable group policy on Windows 10 Home Edition: I was wondering if there is any way for me to enable the edit group policy application (gpedit.msc) on Windows 10 Home edition. I found an article [https://pureinfotech.com/add-group-policy-editor-gpeditmsc-windows-10-home/ ] that claims it is possible to enable it by...
  7. Windows 10 Sandbox in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Sandbox in Windows 10 Home: Is there a way to run Windows Sandbox in Windows 10 Home 1903? 139747
  8. How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10: Windows Sandbox is a new feature that you can use to run applications in an isolated environment. Windows Sandbox is basically a lightweight virtual machine that’s offered natively on Windows 10 to run untrusted apps without long-lasting impact to the device. Sandbox for...
  9. Sandbox feature on Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Sandbox feature on Windows 10 1903: I keep hearing about this feature, but have never been able to find it? Can someone tell me where it is situated please?*Smile 130844
  10. How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows Sandbox on Windows 10: [ATTACH] The most popular way to put up some suspicious code running on a device is by tricking in the user to install a suspicious program on the targetted device. Lack of awareness among the user base regarding these kinds of [...] This post How to enable Windows Sandbox...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Enable Windows sandbox feature in windows 10 home