Windows 10: Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10 How to Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10

How to: Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10

How to Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10

Windows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation and turn-by-turn driving, transit, and walking directions. Search for places to get directions, business info, and reviews. Download maps to use when youre offline. Tour the world virtually with aerial imagery and 360 degree street-level views. Plus, you get the same experience across all your Windows 10 PCs and phones.

If you would like to search for places and get directions in the Maps app even when you are not connected to the Internet, you should download maps for offline use.

Since offline maps can use a large amount of storage space on your hard drive, you can change where you store offline maps at anytime. When you change the storage location of your offline maps, all existing downloaded offline maps will be moved to the drive location you select, and any new offline maps you download will be saved to the new location.

This tutorial will show you how to change where you store offline maps for the Maps app in Windows 10.

*note When you change the storage location of offline maps, the offline maps will be saved to a hidden protected OS system folder named MapData at the root of the selected drive like below.

Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Apps icon.

2. Click/tap on Offline maps on the left side, and select an available Storage location (ex: "Backup (DChange Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10 :)") on the right side where you want to store offline maps. (see screenshot below)

*note The default storage location is This PC (CChange Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10 :).

3. All your existing downloaded offline maps will now be moved to the new selected storage location. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now see the current storage location displayed with the new selected location (ex: "Backup [D:]). (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 23, 2018

2. unable to change storage location for maps

I would like to use the maps app. However, this laptop lacks enough memory to store the offline map data on the SSD. Under settings – app – offline maps there is a heading “Storage Location” for changing the location to store offline maps. Unfortunately,
    I have been unable to change the location from “This PC (CChange Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10 :)” to anything.

JohnL007-909, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 maps

To narrow down your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using another USB in saving your offline maps?
    • Were you able to update your drivers? We suggest that you check if your drivers are up to date by following the steps on this
      link.

For your reference, below are the steps to save Offline Maps to USB:

• Click on Start; then, Settings.
    • Select Maps; then, Storage Locations.
    • Click on the Change where you store offline maps drop down menu and choose the
      new location.

We will be waiting for your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10

Saving Offline maps to other partition than the system partition

To save Offline maps to other storage location, follow the steps below

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Offline maps.
    • Under Storage location, select your preferred location to store your Offline maps
    Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Oct 26, 2019
  5. changing storage of offline maps in windows 10 to the microsd card

all of the other storage locations I was able to change to t he micro sd instead of the C: drive but the offline maps does not show the option.

Christopher69M, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Ian Sal Win User
    NO Maps Offline

Let's perform first a soft reset by holding both the volume down and power buttons for about 10-15 seconds till you feel a vibration then release. Once done with the soft reset, follow steps below:

Offline maps:

Download maps over Wi-Fi before you go, then use the Maps app to search for and get directions, even when you're offline.

• On Start (Windows icon), swipe over to the All apps list, then select
      Settings > Apps > Offline maps.
    • Select Download maps, and then choose the region you want to download.
    Tip: To save space on your phone, save your offline maps to an SD card. In
    Settings > Apps > Offline maps, select the name of your SD card from the options under
    Storage location.

You may also check if the Windows Phone Maps app is available in your country, click

here

Best Regards.

Ian Sal, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10

1. Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Storage Location

2. Changing Offline Files Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Offline Files Location: Hi all,I have some files on a network server that I would like to sync with offline files. The only problem is that the files will be stored on the local hard drive. is there any possible way to change the location of the offline files folder eg to another connected hard...
  3. Changing Offline Files Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Offline Files Location: Hi all,I have some files on a network server that I would like to sync with offline files. The only problem is that the files will be stored on the local hard drive. is there any possible way to change the location of the offline files folder eg to another connected hard...
  4. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage location changed: Hi, my C drive was almost full so as suggested in one of the questions here I just changed my "where new content is saved" from C to D drive. Does it mean all my "user" data is now moved to D drive or everything I save from now on will be saved in the new loc.And also what...
  5. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage location changed: Hi, my C drive was almost full so as suggested in one of the questions here I just changed my "where new content is saved" from C to D drive. Does it mean all my "user" data is now moved to D drive or everything I save from now on will be saved in the new loc.And also what...
  6. Storage location changed

7. Offline maps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline maps: Hi, I want to view my offline map for directions on my pc but I can't find it, can someone help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps/c0c28de3-a164-4878-9b2c-d5b0b1e31a3d
  8. offline maps in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    offline maps in windows 10: what is the reason that Pakistan map isn't listed in the offline maps of windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/offline-maps-in-windows-10/98c2fac6-99c8-4693-aeb1-d49aa460ce6d
  9. unable to change storage location for maps

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to change storage location for maps: I would like to use the maps app. However, this laptop lacks enough memory to store the offline map data on the SSD. Under settings – app – offline maps there is a heading “Storage Location” for changing the location to store offline maps. Unfortunately, I have been unable to...
  10. Offline Maps

Offline Maps: Where can I find downloaded offline maps, so that I can copy them over to my new laptop for traveling instead of having to download all over again ? Would simple copying works? Thanks for any advice. 49342