Windows 10: Change First Day of Week in Windows 10

Discus and support Change First Day of Week in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change First Day of Week in Windows 10 How to Change First Day of Week in Windows 10 Windows 10 sets the region format settings by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change First Day of Week in Windows 10

How to: Change First Day of Week in Windows 10

How to Change First Day of Week in Windows 10

Windows 10 sets the region format settings by default.

If Windows 10 is showing the wrong first day of the week for your location, or you just want change it to a different day, you can manually change the date and time format settings to do so.

This tutorial will show you how to change the first day of week for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Sunday and Monday set as first day of week in Windows 10

Change First Day of Week in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Change First Day of Week in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Time & language icon.

2. Click/tap on Date & time on the left side, and click/tap on the Change date and time formats link under the Formats section on the right side. (see screenshot below)

*note Starting with Windows 10 build 17686, you would click/tap on Region on the left side instead.

3. Select the First day of week you want from the drop menu. (see screenshots below)

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Change First Day of Week in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), click/tap on the Region icon, and close the Control Panel if you like.

2. In the Formats tab, click/tap on the Additional settings button. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Date tab, select the First day of week you want from the drop menu, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshots below)

4. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Change First Day of Week using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International

iFirstDayOfWeek string value (REG_SZ)

0 = Monday
    1 = Tuesday
    2 = Wednesday
    3 = Thursday
    4 = Friday
    5 = Saturday
    6 = Sunday
    [/note]
    1. Do step 2 (Sunday), step 3 (Monday), step 4 (Tuesday), step 5 (Wednesday), step 6 (Thursday), step 7 (Friday), or step 8 (Saturday) below for what you want as the first day of the week.

2. To set Sunday as first day of the week
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 9 below.

Set_Sunday_as_first_day_of_week.reg

Download

3. To set Monday as first day of the week
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 9 below.

Set_Monday_as_first_day_of_week.reg

Download

4. To set Tuesday as first day of the week

Set_Tuesday_as_first_day_of_week.reg

Download

5. To set Wednesday as first day of the week

Set_Wednesday_as_first_day_of_week.reg

Download

6. To set Thursday as first day of the week

Set_Thursday_as_first_day_of_week.reg

Download

7. To set Friday as first day of the week

Set_Friday_as_first_day_of_week.reg

Download

8. To set Saturday as first day of the week

Set_Saturday_as_first_day_of_week.reg

Download
    9. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

10. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

11. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

12. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Nov 10, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Stevekir Win User

Change format of Finder dates column to include day of the week

Its this type of window which lists files in a folder, drive etc.

Its formal name is "The Finder", isn't it. I think.? "The place to find items". (Or is that the Apple name? If so, what is the correct Windows 10 name for this type of window?

Thanks.

Stevekir, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change First Day of Week in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Week

2. Disk usage at 100% at write speeds of 100 kb/s 1 week after changing SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage at 100% at write speeds of 100 kb/s 1 week after changing SSD: Reinstalled windows 10, transferred old files, via OneDrive, everything was normal for 1 week. Now the disk usage is at 100 % all the time, with 100 kb/s transfer speed. Just opening a folder takes 40 seconds. Initialization is fast, with high transfer speeds, but after, it...
  3. Disk usage at 100% at write speeds of 100 kb/s 1 week after changing SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk usage at 100% at write speeds of 100 kb/s 1 week after changing SSD: Reinstalled windows 10, transferred old files, via OneDrive, everything was normal for 1 week. Now the disk usage is at 100 % all the time, with 100 kb/s transfer speed. Just opening a folder takes 40 seconds. Initialization is fast, with high transfer speeds, but after, it...
  4. Disk usage at 100% at write speeds of 100 kb/s 1 week after changing SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. i got hack but when i try changing the primary it keeps saying try it next week

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i got hack but when i try changing the primary it keeps saying try it next week: i got hack but i need help changing my primary i got my account still but the primary is there emial someone pls help meee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-hack-but-when-i-try-changing-the-primary-it/768f83fe-d184-476d-b615-f6fdc5b29868
  6. i got hack but when i try changing the primary it keeps saying try it next week

i got hack but when i try changing the primary it keeps saying try it next week: i got hack but i need help changing my primary i got my account still but the primary is there emial someone pls help meee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-hack-but-when-i-try-changing-the-primary-it/768f83fe-d184-476d-b615-f6fdc5b29868
  7. [SOLVED]I have changed my motherboard and cpu just a week after buying a windows 10 license...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    [SOLVED]I have changed my motherboard and cpu just a week after buying a windows 10 license...: Can I get help from a microsoft dude? Or is there something I can do by myself?Edit: I found the issue. I was running the troubleshooter, and when running, it told me that 'Microsoft Servers aren't available right now', and so I couldn't activate my license. I randomly...
  8. I have changed my motherboard and cpu just a week after buying a windows 10 license and now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have changed my motherboard and cpu just a week after buying a windows 10 license and now...: Can I get help from a microsoft dude? Or is there something I can do by myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-changed-my-motherboard-and-cpu-just-a-week/b0325a10-5295-41f4-a596-3a0f765f1282
  9. I have changed my motherboard and cpu just a week after buying a windows 10 license and now...

I have changed my motherboard and cpu just a week after buying a windows 10 license and now...: Can I get help from a microsoft dude? Or is there something I can do by myself? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-changed-my-motherboard-and-cpu-just-a-week/b0325a10-5295-41f4-a596-3a0f765f1282
  10. I have changed my motherboard and cpu just a week after buying a windows 10 license and now...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation