Windows 10: Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows

Discus and support Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows How to Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows [img] Information You can change the look and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows

How to: Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows

How to Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows

Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows [​IMG]
    Information You can change the look and feel of all your Office programs by changing the Office Theme. In Office 2016 you can choose from Colorful, Black, Dark Gray, and White themes.

The Office theme will be applied to Excel 2016, Word 2016, Outlook 2016, PowerPoint 2016, OneNote 2016, Publisher 2016, Visio Professional 2016, Visio Standard 2016, Office 2016 if installed on your PC.

The colorful theme aligns with the visuals of Microsoft's modern Office apps by bringing their primary accent color to the ribbon.

The dark gray theme is perfect for those who prefer a softer take on high-contrast visuals.

The Black theme provides the highest-contrast visual for your Office theme. This theme will first roll out to Office Insider participants, and later to consumer and commercial Office 365 subscribers.

The white theme displays the classic look of Office.

This tutorial will show you how to change the theme in Office 2016 for your account on Windows PC(s).

Note The Black theme has been temporarily removed in the Office 2016 Insider build 16.0.6741.2017.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Change Office Theme on All PCs

Note If you have Office programs on other computers connected to this account, they'll also use the theme you select using this option.

1. In an Office 2016 program (ex: Outlook 2016), click/tap on File. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on Account or Office Account. (see screenshots below)

3. Click/tap on the drop down menu under Office Theme, and select the theme you want to use. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Change Office Theme on Just This PC

Note This option is for when you want to only change the theme of the Office programs on this computer.

1. In an Office 2016 program (ex: Outlook 2016), click/tap on File. (see screenshot below)

2. Click/tap on Options. (see screenshot below)

3. In the General tab under Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office, click/tap on the drop down menu next to Office Theme, select the theme you want to use, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

Note You may also wish to check or uncheck Always use these values regardless of sign in to office for what you want.

This is unchecked by default. When unchecked, the Office programs on your PC gets your user name, initials, Office Background, and Office Theme from the Microsoft Account you use to sign into Office. If you want to associate a different user name and initials with the files you create, enter those values in the User name and Initials fields and check this box.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 8, 2017
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

How to change Office to go back to the day settings. Can't deal with the black screen.

Hi Michelle,

You can change the look and feel of all your Office programs by changing the Office Theme. I would like to confirm the version of Office that you are using to properly categorize this thread and provide the correct support article on how to change your Office
    theme. Refer to this support article for the steps to check
    What version of Office am I using?

For the meantime, check these support articles for the steps:

We are keen on hearing back from you regarding this matter.

Ferdz Amp, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows

Office 2016 latest update BLACK Theme

No black theme showing for me? Office 2016 16.0.6568.2015 Retail. Checked Outlook and Word. White, Colorful, Dark Grey is all that's listed. Clicking Update now just reports you are all up to date.

alphanumeric, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Office 365 or Office 2016

Under info for the new office listing on My Visual Studio it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - (Multiple Languages)
    To obtain the product, follow these steps:

Step 1: Get your product key by clicking the ‘Get key’ button on the right.

Step 2: Go to the Office website by clicking the ‘Get it now’ button.

Step 3: Enter your 25-character product key and continue as directed on the site.

Released: 9/23/2015

And for the discontinued it states.

Office Professional Plus 2016 (Discontinued)
    Info
    Keys
    Office Professional Plus 2016 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English)
    No additional details are available for this file.

Released: 9/22/2015
    SHA1: 213A8A0F8849516704101CB6C49F6A027B0D6D5F
    File name: en_office_professional_plus_2016_x86_x64_dvd_6962141.iso

I'm thinking option one is going to be my only option. I'm fine with that as long as I can get Outlook to work with my ISP's pop3 e-mail. Last time I tried that with the new 2016 install I could not get it to work, no way no how. All the same settings that work with the ISO install?

EDIT: I should mention, for me as far as I know, neither of these options are a subscription. They use two different keys but they are perpetual one time activation licenses. I only ran the new download briefly though, as I could not get outlook to work. I bailed and went back to what works.

alphanumeric, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Change themes back to numbered tiles in Microsoft Mahjong

Hi Bill,

Changing the tiles for Microsoft Mahjong can be done through the Theme Settings of the game. To change the settings, follow the steps below:

• Launch the game.
    • Press F5 on your keyboard to show the settings.
    • Click on Themes and choose your preferred theme under
      Standard Themes

If are unable to see your preferred theme, we suggest that you update the game on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows

1. Change Theme of Office 2016 for Windows - Similar Threads - Change Theme Office

2. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  4. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office 2016: I HAD OFFICE 2016 DOWNLOADED, INSTALLED, AND ACTIVAED IN MY MS ACCOUNT. IT WAS INSTALLED AND WORKING ON A COMPUTER FOR A YEAR UNTIL I "CLEANED" THE COMPUTER AND UNINSTALLED IT. I RECENTLY DOWNLOADED AND REINSTALLEDIT ON THE SAME COMPUTER USED BEFORE. I COULD NOT ACTIVATE IT....
  5. OFFICE 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OFFICE 2016: RESPECTED SIR/ MA'AM I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 STILL AVAILABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/93c5c231-94de-44e9-a78b-35e78eed65ae
  6. Office 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 2016: I had pruchased from Office Depot a license for Office 2016. My computer crashed and I had to reinstall and can't find my license number. Is there any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/6dfb2c1e-e29d-49c8-95a4-d58bc2809253"
  7. Office 2016 latest update BLACK Theme

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 latest update BLACK Theme: Hi there YMMV but I'm not so sure about this one --it has a certain charm and probably will be liked by younger users on these boards -- however it's worth a look. After latest Office 2016 update there's the BLACK Theme . I don't have Office 365 but I'd imagine same...
  8. Office 2016 - Enable Black theme and keep it from disappearing

Office 2016 - Enable Black theme and keep it from disappearing: Hi there If you like the BLACK theme and have Office 2016 (not Office 365) you have to do two things 1) change the UI Theme key to 4 as shown in the diagram. 2) IMPORTANT - change the common folder for your user to READ ONLY !! otherwise it reverts back again to your...
  9. Office 2016 - Latest update - Black Theme now Gone

Office 2016 - Latest update - Black Theme now Gone: Hi there after latest update to Office 2016 (x-64) the Black theme has been it seems withdrawn. Current Version 16.0.67412017 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...e-windows.html [img] Cheers jimbo 44588
  10. Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows: How to: Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows How to Change Background of Office 2016 for Windows [img] Information You can change the look and feel of all your Office programs by changing the Office Background. In Office 2016 you can choose from no background...