Windows 10: Read Memory Diagnostics Tool Results in Event Viewer in Windows 10

Discus and support Read Memory Diagnostics Tool Results in Event Viewer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Read Memory Diagnostics Tool Results in Event Viewer in Windows 10 How to Read Memory Diagnostics Tool Results in Event Viewer in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read Memory Diagnostics Tool Results in Event Viewer in Windows 10

How to: Read Memory Diagnostics Tool Results in Event Viewer in Windows 10

How to Read Memory Diagnostics Tool Results in Event Viewer in Windows 10

Read Memory Diagnostics Tool Results in Event Viewer in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Memory problems can cause your PC to lose information or stop working. Windows 10 includes the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool to help you identify and diagnose problems with memory when you suspect a PC has a memory problem that isn’t being automatically detected.

This tutorial will show you how to read the Event Viewer log for Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool test results in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type eventvwr.msc into Run, and click/tap on OK to open Event Viewer.

2. In the left pane of Event Viewer, expand open Windows Logs, click/tap on System, right click or press and hold on System, and click/tap on Find. (see screenshot below)

3. Type MemoryDiagnostics-Results into the Find dialog, and click/tap on Find Next. (see screenshot below)

4. You will see the test results of a selected MemoryDiagnostics-Results at the bottom of the middle pane in Event Viewer. If you like, you can click/tap on Find Next again to see the test results for another date and time a Windows Memory Diagnostics test was ran. (see screenshot below)

Note If there were no other MemoryDiagnostics-Results found, click/tap on OK.

5. When finished, you can close Event Viewer if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 15, 2017

2. Windows Memory Diagnostics not showing results in Event Viewer

I did exactly just that. The test ran until 99% then finish and auto reboot to Windows. Go to event viewer and no results whatsover. :\ Is this windows version bug? I am running Windows 10 14393.693. Latest from Windows Update.

SilentForever, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Memory diagnostic test results not found

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This is very unusual that you are unable to find the results for Memory Diagnostic test.

Usually, when the memory diagnostic is complete the results will be stored under Event Viewer. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to access Event Viewer logs for Memory Diagnostic.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type eventvwr and hit enter.
    3. Now expand Windows Logs and click on
      System.

You can use the filter or the find option in Event Viewer to check for specific logs. You can try the steps mentioned below to filter memory diagnostic results in Event Viewer.

1. Right click on System and click on
      Find.
    2. Now type Memory Diagnostic results and click on
      Find Next

This should pull up the results for Memory Diagnostic that you have ran.

Let us know if there are any concerns, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 26, 2019
  4. pbcopter Win User

pbcopter, Oct 26, 2019
  5. sookie(2) Win User
    Memory Diagnostics log(s) "Missing" in Event Viewer

Completed Memory Diagnostics (twice) but can find no (0) sign of any such log in Event
    Viewer
    (RH pane)

Anyone know how to locate Diagnostics log?

Event Viewer lists "Windows Memory Diagnostic scheduled the testing of the computer's memory to run immediately" but
    not the actual Diagnostics run(s)/logs.

Acer Aspire R5 571T 57Z0, Win 10 Home

sookie(2), Oct 26, 2019
  6. Maria Fab Win User
    results of memory test

Hi Alangrimshaw,

You can see the results of the Memory Diagnostic tool under
    Event Viewer
    . Here's how:

• In the Search box, type Event Viewer, select
      Event Viewer, and then press Enter.
    • Expand Windows Logs.
    • Click on System, right-click on it, and then select
      Find
    • In the Find window, type MemoryDiagnostics or
      MemoryDiagnostics-Results, and then click Find Next.
    • Once done, you may close the Event Viewer.

Give us an update if you are able to find the memory diagnostic logs.

Maria Fab, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Read Memory Diagnostics Tool Results in Event Viewer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Read Memory Diagnostics

2. No results for Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No results for Memory Diagnostic: I have run the Memory diagnostic. It ended apparently, i was not watching the entire time and then the PC rebooted. I found instructions at this link:Diagnose memory problems on your PC microsoft.comIt says results will appear in a memory diagnostic notification. I cannot...
  3. No results for Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No results for Memory Diagnostic: I have run the Memory diagnostic. It ended apparently, i was not watching the entire time and then the PC rebooted. I found instructions at this link:Diagnose memory problems on your PC microsoft.comIt says results will appear in a memory diagnostic notification. I cannot...
  4. Memory Diagnostic Tool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory Diagnostic Tool: So I need to check my RAM with Windows Memory Diagnostic, so a simple question I am asking is Do i need to run it as administrator or no? And sorry if this is not in the right spot....
  5. Windows memory diagnostics tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows memory diagnostics tool: When ran windows memory diagnostics tools it's staring again and again doesn't restart when test complete it start again and doesn't exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-memory-diagnostics-tool/c3fdcc21-5738-419e-af55-1559edf9ecdb
  6. Memory diagnostics results are not showing up in Event Viewer

Memory diagnostics results are not showing up in Event Viewer: Hello, I have ran into a problem... For a few months now, I have a problem with occasional freezing of Windows and sometimes, I get BSoD with the error "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE". I have been searching for fixes and one of the things to do was to run Windows Memory...
  7. Event Viewer doesn't show Diagnostic test results.

Event Viewer doesn't show Diagnostic test results.: I'll explain it briefly: So, I ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool twice to check if my RAM was working well, after each time opening the Event Viewer, clicking on Windows Logs > System, then using the "Find" tool to search for "MemoryDiagnostics-Results", but finding only two...
  8. Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool: Hello, I started the above tool now it is just looping for the last 3 days. I dont have any installation media as I wasnt given any when I b9ought this PC, I think there may be a partition I can reinstall from. I d0ont want to reinstall I just want this awful piece of...
  9. windows memory diagnostics result

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows memory diagnostics result: here is my result and i don't know what's hardware errors. its a ram problem? The Windows Memory Diagnostic tested the computer's memory and detected hardware errors. To identify and repair these problems, contact the computer manufacturer XML VIEW Log Name: System...
  10. Windows Memory Diagnostics not showing results in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Memory Diagnostics not showing results in Event Viewer: I am having a Windows 10 laptop. I used to remember the last time I did the test I was able to go into event viewer and check the results. Now I did the test like 3 times and I check under application and services and also windows under the system tab. There's only one entry...