Windows 10: Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows

Discus and support Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Manage BitLocker' Context Menu from Drives in Windows [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows

How to: Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows

How to Add or Remove 'Manage BitLocker' Context Menu from Drives in Windows

Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows [​IMG]
    Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block hackers from accessing the system files they rely on to discover your password, or from accessing your drive by physically removing it from your PC and installing it in a different one. You can still sign in to Windows and use your files as you normally would.

BitLocker can encrypt the drive Windows is installed on (the removable data drive (such as an external hard drive or USB flash drive).

After a drive has been encrypted and protected with BitLocker, administrators can either right click on the drive in explorer and click/tap on Manage BitLocker OR use the Manage BitLocker page in the BitLocker Drive Encryption item in Control Panel to turn off BitLocker for the drive, suspend or resume BitLocker protection for the drive, change the password to unlock the drive, remove the password from the drive, add a smart card to unlock the drive, back up the recovery key, automatically unlock the drive, and reset the PIN.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Manage BitLocker context menu from all unlocked drives encrypted by BitLocker for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove the "Manage BitLocker" context menu.

Note When you remove the Manage BitLocker context menu, it will also gray out Manage BitLocker in the menu of the BitLocker button in the Drive Tools Manage tab of the ribbon. You will still be able to manage BitLocker for a drive from the Control Panel.

For Windows 7, BitLocker Drive Encryption is only available in the Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Enterprise editions.

For Windows 8/8.1, BitLocker Drive Encryption is only available in the Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Enterprise editions.

For Windows 10, BitLocker Drive Encryption is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise, and Windows 10 Education editions.

EXAMPLE: "Manage BitLocker" context menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Manage BitLocker" to Context Menu of Encrypted Drives
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Manage_BitLocker_to_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Manage BitLocker" from Context Menu of Encrypted Drives
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Manage_BitLocker_from_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jul 7, 2017
  2. Bree Win User

Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

Step 2, click More apps

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

3. BC66 Win User
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10  

is there i can add and remove the lists on desktop context menu? Right click on desktop shows the context menu for me to add or remove the list
    thanks

4. Necrofire Win User

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows :)

Necrofire, Oct 26, 2019
  5. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Remove Manage

2. Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system...
  3. Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses...
  4. Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and...
  5. Add or Remove Extract All Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Extract All Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Extract All Context Menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Extract All Context Menu for ZIP Files in Windows When you right click or press and hold on a .zip file, the Extract All context menu will extract all contents in the .zip file into a new...
  6. Manage library - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Manage library - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Manage library - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Manage Library to Context Menu of Libraries in Windows 10 [img] Information default save location and public save location for the library. You can add a Manage library context menu to libraries...
  7. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...
  8. Add or Remove Turn off BitLocker context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Turn off BitLocker context menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Turn off BitLocker context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Turn off BitLocker' Context Menu from Drives in Windows [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help...
  9. Add Suspend BitLocker protection to Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Suspend BitLocker protection to Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add Suspend BitLocker protection to Context Menu in Windows How to Add 'Suspend BitLocker protection' to Context Menu of Drives in Windows [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can...
  10. Add or Remove Turn on BitLocker context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Turn on BitLocker context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Turn on BitLocker context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Turn on BitLocker' Context Menu from Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can...