Windows 10: Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Magnifier is a tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it the way that suits you best.

Starting with Windows 10 build 16188, you can turn on or off to show a floating transparent magnifying glass when Magnifier is idle for 3 seconds.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off show floating transparent magnifying glass for Magnifier for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off Show Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off Show Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier using a REG file
    EXAMPLE: Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off Show Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

2. Click/tap on Magnifier on the left side, and check (on) or uncheck (off) Show floating transparent magnifying glass for what you want on the right side under Magnifier options. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off Show Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\ScreenMagnifier

FadeToMagIcon DWORD value

0= Off
    1= On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Show Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_floating_transparent_magnifying_glass.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Show Floating Transparent Magnifying Glass for Magnifier
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_floating_transparent_magnifying_glass.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, OK (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 2, 2016

2. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 26, 2019
  3. manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 26, 2019
  4. WinTenz Win User

Magnifying Glass Lost Functionality

Hello everyone,

I'm at that crossroad where vision has diminished but not enough to warrant glasses. Anyways I just upgraded to Win10, have mapped the magnifying glass to my mouse side button and here are a few features I sorely miss from previous versions of Windows:

- Magnifying glass no longer remembers the size of its view window, I have to expand it every time.

- Magnifying glass steals focus from the underlying window. If I'm in a menu, magnify starts and I lose the menu. Same with filling out forms of any kind, dropdown menus etc...

Thanks

WinTenz, Oct 26, 2019
  5. nokia lumia 822 magnifying glass wont turn on

What do you mean when you say you changed your screen?

So changing the screen should have no effect on the Search function (magnifying glass). If you turn on your device so you see the START screen tiles, if you press the Search function (magnifying glass), what happens? Nothing?

Have you tried powering off your device (so you see the goodbye message) then turn it back on to see if it works?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Oct 26, 2019
  6. jjd56 Win User
    Magnifying glass icon

Why does the magnifying glass icon keep disappearing from the task bar and how do I get it back (and keep it there)? The last time I searched for magnifier.exe as someone suggested, got it back, now it's gone again. Please, this is driving me crazy.

Jean

jjd56, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Magnifying Glass for Magnifier in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Magnifying

2. Search suggestions with magnifying glass

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search suggestions with magnifying glass: Since a recent update, the search field window pops up intermittently with advertising for AI above the Recent area. I can click that shut, but it's also now displaying weird tips that I don't need as questions with a search magnifying glass at the end of each one. I can...
  3. Shortcut arrow replaced with magnifying glass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut arrow replaced with magnifying glass: The arrow icon that normally shows up on my desktop shortcuts is replaced with a magnifying glass. I looked up the problem but the response was for windows 7. I am using 11. Anyone know how to fix it?I had a screenshot but I can't upload it for some reason, it keeps failing...
  4. Shortcut arrow replaced with magnifying glass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut arrow replaced with magnifying glass: The arrow icon that normally shows up on my desktop shortcuts is replaced with a magnifying glass. I looked up the problem but the response was for windows 7. I am using 11. Anyone know how to fix it?I had a screenshot but I can't upload it for some reason, it keeps failing...
  5. Clicking on magnifying glass affects different monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking on magnifying glass affects different monitor.: Hello, windows 10 team! My Window and magnifying glass were not working well. I did an update and it fixed the problem, however, there is something lingering. When I clicked on the magnifying glass the widow popped up on a different display. I'm wondering if this will be...
  6. Clicking on magnifying glass affects different monitor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clicking on magnifying glass affects different monitor.: Hello, windows 10 team! My Window and magnifying glass were not working well. I did an update and it fixed the problem, however, there is something lingering. When I clicked on the magnifying glass the widow popped up on a different display. I'm wondering if this will be...
  7. how to turn off the magnifier permanently

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn off the magnifier permanently: I want to turn the magnifier OFF permanently and have tried all the solutions I could find and they aren't working. This is only in my email. The screen is right size but the reading pane text and the folder column are so small you need a strong magnifying glass to read them....
  8. Magnifying glass like the ios one but for Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Magnifying glass like the ios one but for Windows 10?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yehoren [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8snxp/magnifying_glass_like_the_ios_one_but_for_windows/
  9. Getting Magnifying glass icon on Lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting Magnifying glass icon on Lock screen: I want to get a Magnifying glass symbol on the lock screen Thank you! Sulkiflii R. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-magnifying-glass-icon-on-lock-screen/e4515370-4798-4da0-8287-f638c2c61588
  10. Magnifying Glass (Search) Icon Windows 10 Taskbar

in Cortana
    Magnifying Glass (Search) Icon Windows 10 Taskbar: Yesterday IT had to do some work on my computer and it never fails that every time they work on it, they restore Cortana for her "search" functionality. I've told them about clicking the windows icon and then to directly start typing but they tend to stick with the Cortana...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Magnifier not working if more than 700