Windows 10: Next Windows 10 let you hide Search and Task View buttons

Discus and support Next Windows 10 let you hide Search and Task View buttons in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] One of the new 'features' that is included with Windows 10 Technical Preview are the multi-tasking (virtual desktop) and search buttons that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Next Windows 10 let you hide Search and Task View buttons

Read more...

See also:

Brink, Nov 7, 2014
  2. Edwin New Member

Must be the finished version of the tweaks shared earlier this week by MSC.
    Nice to see, (or not see!) *Wink

:)

Edwin, Nov 7, 2014
  3. Disable Windows 10 desktop search

Hi Carlene,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps and check:

Right-click on Taskbar and you'll get options to show or hide Search icon, Search box and Task View buttons on Taskbar:

Just uncheck desired option to remove Search box, Search icon or Task View button from Taskbar in Windows 10.

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Nov 7, 2014
  4. Next Windows 10 let you hide Search and Task View buttons

How do I customize the taskbar in Winddows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you with additional information from here.

There are a few customizations which you can do with the Task bar in Windows 10. Here are a few important ones:

• Size of Task bar buttons.
    • Pinning items to Task bar.
    • Icons in the Notification tray.
    • Cortana - Show/Hide.
    • Disabling and enabling Task view button.
    • Hiding or relocating Taskbar on desktop.
    • Adding Tool bar.
    • Changing color and transparency and a lot more.

Please let us know the customizations which you want, for us to be able to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 7, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Nice to see that we have that option.

Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Nov 7, 2014
  6. Mystere Win User
    Also goes to show that Microsoft does seem to be listening to feedback...

Mystere, Nov 7, 2014
  7. caperjack Win User
    my laptop running build 9860 just prompted me to reboot to install the prieview,its almost finished ,says getting things ready .,not sure what the out come will be .

caperjack, Nov 7, 2014
  8. Edwin New Member

Hmmm, this could be interesting! *Smile

Edwin, Nov 7, 2014
  9. caperjack Win User
    Hmmm, this could be interesting! *Smile its taking a while to finish it presently at "setting up a few more things 58%

I was just reading a post on here when the big blue bar went across the screen to reboot to install ,it said now or later I chose now

caperjack, Nov 7, 2014
  10. caperjack Win User
    nothing changed ,it seems it did a restore or something ,some app that I had installed are gone and some that I had removed are back

caperjack, Nov 7, 2014
  11. CountMike New Member
    To remove Search icon:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search]
    "EnableProactive"=dword:00000000

To remove TaskView icon:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MultitaskingView\AllUpView]
    "Enabled"=dword:00000000

To get them back:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search]
    "EnableProactive"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MultitaskingView\AllUpView]
    "Enabled"=-

Just tried and they work.

CountMike, Nov 8, 2014
  12. I would like removing both Search and Task View with out doing and registry tricks.
    It's nice to hear that option will be in the finished version.

I would like a way to change the time it takes when hovering over a icon on the Taskbar to display the name.
    Without a registry trick.

Layback Bear, Nov 8, 2014
  13. Trust_No1 Win User

I didn't mind them being there...
    What does irritate me is that fact that the search has a current social/news events display.

This is supposed to be an operating system, not a social network like facebook, twitter, or tumblr. Bing and the App store already offer with these types of outlets. I think it is very inappropriate, and makes the OS seem shoddy.

Trust_No1, Nov 8, 2014
  14. Edwin New Member
  15. Edwin New Member
    If you've hidden the Search icon but are still getting search results in the Bing UI from the Start Menu search bar, you need to turn off 'Getting search results from Bing' in zPCSettings, NOT the regular PCSettings.

Edwin, Nov 8, 2014
Thema:

1. Next Windows 10 let you hide Search and Task View buttons - Similar Threads - Next let hide

2. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  3. Task view button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task view button not working: Hello, Problem:My computer had windows re-installed and after that I tried to use Task View, but upon clicking the Task View button or Windows key + tab it just refreshed the entire screen and nothing happened... Also I have tried other methods, like going to settings >...
  4. Hide Search, Task View button, and News icon via script

Hide Search, Task View button, and News icon via script: Is there a way to hide Search, Task View button, and News icon via script?I am really tired doing manually for each new install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-search-task-view-button-and-news-icon-via/85f34883-dc8d-40bf-b9e3-983187cf5a2b
  5. Task View button

Task View button: I have Windows 10 and two monitors. I may have 25 or more windows open when I am creating or researching documents. When I press the Task View button, I would typically want them together or in sequence by program, eg. all the MS Word docs at least next to each other, PDFs...
  6. why show task view button hide edge icon ?

in Browsers and Email
    why show task view button hide edge icon ?: hi all why show task view button hide edge icon ? for no reason at all after installing may update windows 10 1903 pro 32bit system i have noticed that my edge icons is not appearing on the taskbar but when i right click thre taskbak and click hide task view buton edge...
  7. why show task view button hide edge icon ?

in Windows 10 Support
    why show task view button hide edge icon ?: hi all why show task view button hide edge icon ? for no reason at all after installing may update windows 10 1903 pro 32bit system i have noticed that my edge icons is not appearing on the taskbar but when i right click thre taskbak and click hide task view buton edge...
  8. Task View and Icon next to it disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View and Icon next to it disappears: I have Show Task View Button enabled. I pinned a File Explorer and a Google Chrome icon to the taskbar. In the taskbar reading left to right is the Task View Button then next to that is the File Explorer icon then the Chrome icon next to that. It seems at random the Task...
  9. Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Task View Button on Taskbar in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Task View. Task View is a virtual desktop manager that allows you to quickly switch between all of...
  10. Task View button

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View button: I can't seem to find this anywhere. How would I move the Task View button? I would like it to be on the right side of my Quick Launch tool bar. Right now it is in-between quick launch and my start button on the task bar. I do have Classic Shell running 15135

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show my task view buton