Windows 10: Nextbook Tablet - Screen not Rotating with Windows 10 Upgrade?

Discus and support Nextbook Tablet - Screen not Rotating with Windows 10 Upgrade? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently picked up a Nextbook 10 and, after upgrading to Windows 10 from 8, the screen rotation no longer works. I've googled the problem and found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by neskier, Mar 20, 2016.

1. neskier Win User

Nextbook Tablet - Screen not Rotating with Windows 10 Upgrade?

I recently picked up a Nextbook 10 and, after upgrading to Windows 10 from 8, the screen rotation no longer works. I've googled the problem and found some older posts. Has there been any update? I found another post from a Microsoft site where someone provided a link to his site with registry files and I wound picking up malware (I'm currently resetting the tablet). I've reset once before with no luck.

Thoughts?

:)

neskier, Mar 20, 2016
  2. jtfields Win User

Windows 10 screen rotation with Nextbook Flexx 10.1

I can't get the screen rotation to work in Windows 10 either on Nextbook Flexx 10. It also does not automatically switch to tablet mode when the screen is detached from keyboard. Also, the camera does not work in Windows 10.

jtfields, Mar 20, 2016
  3. hsdn Win User
    Windows 10 screen rotation with Nextbook Flexx 10.1

Not sure if this will work for Windows 10, but here is a guide to enable auto-rotation on the stock version of a NextBook Flexx.

Auto Rotation Fix for NextBook Flexx and Windows 8.1 | HoloShock.com

4. NavyLCDR New Member

There is an extra accelerometer driver that you have to manually install and a then a registry key after that to correct the orientation. I have them at home on the microSD card in my Nextbook. Did you make a backup image of the Windows 8.1 installation by chance? There are several drivers from the Windows 8.1 you will need, have you looked in Device Manager to see if there is any other hardware missing drivers?

NavyLCDR, Mar 20, 2016
  5. neskier Win User
    I did not. I wouldn't know what to look for in DM.

neskier, Mar 20, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    K. When I get home, I'll post a link to the Konix Fusion Sensor Driver you need and the reg file to correct the screen orientation. If you right click the Windows 10 start icon, select device manager. Look for anything that says "unknown device" or has an exclamation point on it's icon. Those are the troubled devices you will need drivers for. The Konix Fusion Sensor device is not listed in device manager. You will have to right click on the very top entry of device manager and select Add Legacy Hardware and point it to the specific driver I will send you a link to. I'll walk you through it more when I get home from work today.

For what it's worth, after I got all the hardware drivers installed and working correctly, I absolutely love this tablet! For $150 from Walmart I think it's one of the best Windows 10 tablet deals going. Just don't get the keyboard wet - not even a couple drops. The keyboard is very sensitive to moisture. So when I want to watch a movie from my hot tub, I take only the tablet with me and not the keyboard Nextbook Tablet - Screen not Rotating with Windows 10 Upgrade? :)

NavyLCDR, Mar 20, 2016
  7. neskier Win User
    Sounds great, thanks! Also, no "unknown device" or exclamation points.

neskier, Mar 20, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Also, for future reference, especially on tablets and netbooks like these that have the 32 or 64 GB eMMC memories, it is a good idea to do a full backup of the eMMC when you first get it. I use Macrium Reflect Free for that. Most of these devices come with Windows 8.1 Bing (core connected). You can't download install media for Windows 8.1 Bing and the standard install media for Windows 8.1 will not work. So, if you have problems with the upgrade to Windows 10 and find yourself stuck (like needing this driver, or the registry entry fix), you have no way of going back to the factory Windows 8.1 Bing unless you made an image of it first.

Also, before upgrading a retail, off the shelf computer of any type, I like to export all the non-Microsoft standard drivers using the DISM /Export-Driver command. That way if there is some funky piece of hardware that ends up as an "unknown device" after the upgrade, I can point device manager to the folder I exported the drivers to and it will load the Windows 8.1 drivers from there.

I do have the Windows 8.1 Bing factory image for the Nextbook Flexx 10.1 and all the drivers exported. I'll have to look at the image size and driver folder size to see if a 16GB or 32GB flash drive or Micro SD card would be required if you need them sent to you. However with all the drivers installed, I have had zero problems with Windows 10 running on this.

NavyLCDR, Mar 20, 2016
  9. neskier Win User
    Thanks again!

neskier, Mar 20, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Here's the driver and the .reg file:
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

after you unzip the file to a folder, right click on Windows start icon, select device manager. Right click on the topmost entry for the entire tablet itself, select Add legacy hardware. Click next. Select the bottom option, Install the hardware that I manually select..., next. Click next again. Click have disk. Browse to the kxfusion.inf file that you saved. Click open, OK. Highlight Kionix Fusion Sensor Device. Next, Next again. Finish.

Then go to the folder that you unzipped and double click on the .reg file to import it into your registry. You might have to restart the tablet. Then in the notification panel of Windows 10 you will have the button for Rotation Lock. Make sure that is turned off (not highlighted). That should do it for you!

The driver and the .reg file were extracted from my Nextbook Flexx 10.1 Windows 8.1 factory install.

NavyLCDR, Mar 21, 2016
  11. neskier Win User
    Thanks for your help!

neskier, Mar 21, 2016
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    Please post back if it worked or not.

NavyLCDR, Mar 21, 2016
  13. neskier Win User

Worked perfectly, thanks!

neskier, Mar 21, 2016
  14. dogla Win User
    Hi, since you were talking about screen rotation I thought to ask something myself if you don't mind....
    I have a DELL Venue Pro 8 and installed Win10. It's working great except for sometimes when I have a program open like windows explorer and then rotate my display from either landscape to portrait or vice versa then the windows keeps the width of portrait mode.
    Very annoying when this happens and I can't reproduce it. I think it mostly happens when I have certain applications open in background.
    Have you heard of this issue?

dogla, Mar 27, 2016
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    I haven't seen that happen on my tablet. About the only problem I have with screen rotation is sometimes on initial startup in landscape, the lock screen will be in portrait until I turn the tablet to portrait and back to landscape, then it will rotate.

NavyLCDR, Mar 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Nextbook Tablet - Screen not Rotating with Windows 10 Upgrade? - Similar Threads - Nextbook Tablet Screen

2. Upgrading RAM- Nextbook Flexx 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading RAM- Nextbook Flexx 10: I was wondering, is it possible to upgrade the Nextbook Flexx 10's RAM from 2GB to something higher? Or do I just need to deal with it until I get a new PC? I can barely run anything I want and wanted to know ASAP and the internet doesn't seem to have a clear answer for me....
  3. Two windows 10 nextbook tablets that wont factory reset.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two windows 10 nextbook tablets that wont factory reset.: We bought them almost 4 years ago. They started getting really slow because of lack of space. Then windows went through a huge update about two years ago and even though I deleted almost everything i installed on both tablets it still said there wasnt enough room for the...
  4. Nextbook tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nextbook tablet: How do you reset your password for a Nextbook tablet? I dont want it to go to factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nextbook-tablet/53a52380-7cc6-4d74-acdf-854c390b8ac8
  5. Screen rotates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen rotates in Windows 10: Dear Sir/Madam, Especially after sleep mode, the laptop screen rotates. Already tried reinstalling the display driver, and set ON the screen in the Settings. I would like to if it may depend on some updates or if could be an hardware problem of the screen. Thank you...
  6. How to make screen auto rotate for tablet use?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make screen auto rotate for tablet use?: I can only get my screen to rotate if I manually go to display setting and click portrait. I've looked up how to auto rotate and all the pictures show there should be a rotate lock switch but that doesn't come up on my screen. Does that mean I can't have auto rotate or I have...
  7. Screen not rotating in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen not rotating in tablet mode: It has been rotating normally until this morning. I noticed people have experienced problems for a long time. What I didn't find were any fixes from Microsoft. The posts are also locked so does that prevent community members from helping each other. Currently, this device is...
  8. connect to my windows 10 nextbook flex 10a tablet to a bluetooth keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect to my windows 10 nextbook flex 10a tablet to a bluetooth keyboard: I cannot get a bluetooth keyboard to connect to my windows 10 nextbook flex 10a tablet. it stopped connecting a couple of weeks ago, its nt the keyboard....
  9. NEXTBOOK windows tablet camera

NEXTBOOK windows tablet camera: Hello, i have a 10.1 inch nextbook windows tablet running on windows 8.1. My camera is working fine and in device manager it shows as "Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2400". In properties it says: Driver date: 8/1/2014 Driver version: 19.50.53.344 But when i upgrade...
  10. Screen doesnt rotate on my nextbook windows tablet

Screen doesnt rotate on my nextbook windows tablet: Hello, i have a nextbook windows tablet and i upgraded it to windows 10. I had exported all the drivers when it was on windows 8. After upgrading to windows 10 i installed drivers for camera and rotation and both working fine. Now the problem is when i rotate the tablet the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nextbook rotation fix

2. nextbook flexx 10 screen rotation registry file

3. nextbook nxw10qc32g screen rotate

4. nextbook screen not rotating