Windows 10: NFC Not Ready Now

Discus and support NFC Not Ready Now in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I boot up, the logon screen shows "NFC Not Ready Now" along with my user account. In order to log on, I have to manually select my user account.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stormy70, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Stormy70 Win User

NFC Not Ready Now

When I boot up, the logon screen shows "NFC Not Ready Now" along with my user account. In order to log on, I have to manually select my user account. The computer previously had an ASUS Z87-Deluxe Quad motherboard which supported NFC Express. The motherboard was replaced with an ASUS Z97-E without NFC support. The Z97 would not shut down or go to sleep; I had to physically turn of the PSU in order to turn the computer off but that problem was solved by replacing the motherboard. The logon screen did not change after I replaced the motherboard. I have searched the registry and cannot find an NFC logon key or value. The NFC message does not appear if I chose the option to log on without a password. My hardware includes an Intel i7-4770K processor, Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD and 16 GB memory. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running Window 10 Pro which was upgraded from Win 8.1.

:)

Stormy70, Jul 26, 2016

2. Windwos 10 - nfc is not ready now

Edjesu, not sure if you will be notified, but I found and just posted the solution that worked for me, check it out and let me know if you have any problems. Dan

DanielSimpson123, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Windwos 10 - nfc is not ready now

Thanks

KA

KarimRombi That worked just fine for me. At least for now.

I found the ENABLED key at ASUS NFC LOGON and changed "On" to "Off." I no longer see the NFC option on boot up. I will let you know if it blows up later.

Curtiss

CurtissBrown, Jul 26, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NFC Not Ready Now

NavyLCDR, Jul 26, 2016
  5. Stormy70 Win User
    Thanks for the reply. I have been trying to fix the problem for several months. It started after a Win10 update. I have seen the above page and several others from searching the web. I suspect that a part of the NFC Express software remained some where in the registry or some other area of Windows 10 after I uninstalled the ASUS NFC software. I have spent hours searching the registry and device drivers without success. I have decided to bite the bullet and do a clean reinstall of Win10. Thanks again for your help.

Stormy70, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

NFC Not Ready Now

1. NFC Not Ready Now - Similar Threads - NFC Ready

2. how to tell if i have NFC on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to tell if i have NFC on my PC: How do I determine if I have NFC on my PC, not smartphone, and how to use it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-tell-if-i-have-nfc-on-my-pc/0510710d-c910-4ea6-bb29-b840f583f722
  3. how to tell if i have NFC on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to tell if i have NFC on my PC: How do I determine if I have NFC on my PC, not smartphone, and how to use it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-tell-if-i-have-nfc-on-my-pc/0510710d-c910-4ea6-bb29-b840f583f722
  4. how to tell if i have NFC on my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.: So my YubiKey security key may have been initially been installed on a different computer with my same username Microsoft account shows these two completely separate computers but this configuration neither authenticated via pin with my former install of windows on the...
  6. Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.

Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.: So my YubiKey security key may have been initially been installed on a different computer with my same username Microsoft account shows these two completely separate computers but this configuration neither authenticated via pin with my former install of windows on the...
  7. b;uetooth not working windows 11 laptop and poco nfc x3 phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    b;uetooth not working windows 11 laptop and poco nfc x3 phone: helllllllllo there, i have been trying to connect my poco nfc x3 phone and my windows 11 laptop via bluetooth but the longest one is only one freaking second. Can you please please help me?...
  8. b;uetooth not working windows 11 laptop and poco nfc x3 phone

b;uetooth not working windows 11 laptop and poco nfc x3 phone: helllllllllo there, i have been trying to connect my poco nfc x3 phone and my windows 11 laptop via bluetooth but the longest one is only one freaking second. Can you please please help me?...
  9. Windows Login NFC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Login NFC: Hi,Could you please help me out with this technical question from my named partner. The situation is as follows:Partner is working on a project in which it is required to login a user without put a password on system, based on “token”. They have seen that Windows 11 can do...
  10. Windows Login NFC

Windows Login NFC: Hi,Could you please help me out with this technical question from my named partner. The situation is as follows:Partner is working on a project in which it is required to login a user without put a password on system, based on “token”. They have seen that Windows 11 can do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. nfc is not ready now windows 10