Windows 10: NIC not being recognized since last update

Discus and support NIC not being recognized since last update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can no longer connect to the internet via my NIC in my Dell desktop after the last Windows 10 update. The router works fine and I can connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimStrawn, Jul 9, 2018.

1. TimStrawn Win User

NIC not being recognized since last update

I can no longer connect to the internet via my NIC in my Dell desktop after the last Windows 10 update. The router works fine and I can connect wirelessly with my Mac laptop. We have tried everything imaginable, even buying a wireless network card. Both the NIC jack on the CPU and the new wireless NIC show the status light on so it appears to be fine BUT, the system does not recognize any network interface at all. Is anyone else experiencing this after the last Windows 10 update?

:)

TimStrawn, Jul 9, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond NIC not being recognized since last update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 9, 2018
  3. craigo Win User
    Onboard Killer NIC

Thanks for the suggestions.

@Pill Monster
    Stationbro! unfortunately they only have the .exe which includes the whole software suite.
    I need just the driver files. I think the 2100 was the last Bigfoot NIC before Qualcomm acquired them(don't quote me on that).
    the official site lists the 2100 as a legacy device and links to a third party for the .exe

@Ebo

I think the top-end MSI stuff (like your board) uses the killer 2200 which is indeed Qualcomm apparently MSI provide
    an .INF file for download at install time to get the 2200 up and running.
    What os did you start with on your build? Do you recall any issues getting the NIC up and running?

Thanks Craig0.

craigo, Jul 9, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. NIC not being recognized since last update - Similar Threads - NIC being recognized

2. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems since last update: Since the latest update, my computer now takes 3-5 minutes to start/restart and most of that time is in a black screen. also of note and the most frustrating thing is I NO LONGER have my taskbar, so to shut my computer off, I have to do CTL/ALT/DLT, as even pressing the...
  3. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  4. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since the last Windows update: Hi, since the last win update I can't open any new files that I save or download..simply i click on file and NOTHING happens, but when I copy that same file on my business drive, it opens?!...
  5. Since the last Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. problems since last update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problems since last update: just wondering, if others are having problems with the latest update , since i have done so, my PC crashes, it says cant automatically fix, i have go do a restore, then it works again....
  7. 3fps since last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3fps since last update: Since the last update the simulator runs at 3fps. Prior to that I was running on Ultra settings at 40fps plus. I have even tried running with everything on low graphics settings but this makes no difference. The only time the frame rate goes back to normal is if I hit the...
  8. Since last update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update: I dont know if anyone else has noticed that Win10 hasnt run very well for quite some time, unstable, crappy graphics windows popping open for no reason ....anyway II was going through a migraine worth of varying **** and then with the latest update I had enough of the ****...
  9. Since last Update ............................

in Browsers and Email
    Since last Update ............................: MY browsing has gone haywire! I am accessing sites which are not opening properly, windows is asking 'do you want to pen this like this, or something (my wifes account) - opened an online newspaper and it has sections that seem to be continuously opening (loading circles)....
  10. Since last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Since last update: Since this little update on 2nd Dec Bing now has sound on home page and headline photo appear across the bottom. When you click on the photo it takes you to the subject to read. So well done Microsoft. Has anyone else found or seen it 32538