Windows 10: nice & clean & FAST!

Discus and support nice & clean & FAST! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; what are your suggestions to keep a clean fast pc? at the moment i am just using ccleaner & windows defragmenter but don't know alot about this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamos316, Oct 17, 2014.

1. jamos316 Win User

nice & clean & FAST!

what are your suggestions to keep a clean fast pc?

at the moment i am just using ccleaner & windows defragmenter but don't know alot about this subject so i want to know if i am doing the best thing here

i know about registry cleaners, all cleaners sell them selves as to speed your pc. is this rubbish or shall i get a cleaner?

:)

jamos316, Oct 17, 2014

2. n series mainly N91 and 3G

Yes.

I have mine on Vodafone, but access 3g which is nice & fast nice & clean & FAST! :)

doozer---01, Oct 17, 2014
  3. Mail App Sync.

I really wanted to know that does mail app only synchronizes outlook mails only? Because as I have a gmail account & I want my gmail inbox to be synced, if this is possible it will be very nice and fast to wok with the app.

Priyansh Ringe, Oct 17, 2014
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

nice & clean & FAST!

Never found a need for an application like CC Cleaner or the likes. This is not to say they aren't needed for some users (mainly power users, though I would guess most power users would prefer cleaning their registers themselves then depend on some program doing it for them. Now that being said does not mean you shouldn't use one, albeit doing the mythological back up and setting a new recovery point just might be a good thing prior to using such an application.

5. AddRAM Win User
    Clean ???? Only install what you`re gonna use *Smile

Fast ????? Install an SSD and load up the memory *Wink

AddRAM, Oct 17, 2014
  6. jamos316 Win User
    what im more aiming at is...are registry cleaners as good as they say?

jamos316, Oct 17, 2014
  7. Boozad Win User
    If you're using CCleaner then that is adequate. Don't go messing around with more registry cleaners.

Boozad, Oct 17, 2014
  8. nice & clean & FAST!

If you are not comfortable manually tinkering with the Registry, remember to use the backup option when CCleaner offers it to you

lehnerus2000, Oct 17, 2014
  9. Edwin New Member
    Most normal users haven't got the time or can't be bothered cleaning their machine manually; it takes a lot 'digging'.
    Using a cleaner, 'CCleaner' for example, should be done carefully and could still do more harm than good if used aggressively.
    (It's not for nothing you are prompted to back up your registry every time by default!)

Edwin, Oct 17, 2014
  10. Hi

The main thing is to not install a lot of junk.
    I tend to install everything that I get interested in then it sits there slowing down my computer.

CCleaner's main cleaning function is handy, it removes a lot of useless junk that just builds up over time.

I run it everyday usually just before I shut down.

The registry cleaning function has more potential for caused issues but it has never made any problems for me when I've used it.

I always run it after uninstalling something to pick up the left over registry entries.

CCleaner has a useful utility that lets you quickly turn start up items on and off.

Turn off all the things that don't need to start every time you start your computer.
    Many programs start update monitors and other things that you don't need to start, unless you are going to be using the program.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Oct 17, 2014
  11. cCleaner is the only utility I trust for files or the registry . It is not very aggressive and prompts you to back up anything you might decide to clean in the registry. These two things together make cCleaner relatively safe.

Cleaning your registry doesn't do all that much as far as performance is concerned. Most of the registry entries that might get cleaned up are file types (.tmp, .old, .sav ...) that were used by an install or app but are not registered to an application (default applications). Some entries are installed for future use and others are remnants (folder, GUID, ...) of an uninstall. All of these entries are ignored by Windows during normal operations.

Basically, there is no need for a Registry cleaner of any kind. More aggressive cleaners can and have bricked systems, so please stay away from the ones that promise a performance boost.

Defragmentation is helpful on slow spindles, but faster (7200-10000 RPM) Hard Drives (HDD) show less performance increase.

SSDs do not need to be defragmented - they are random access devices, they don't seek.

Windows is scheduled to defrag the system every week by default - that should be sufficient to keep the disks organized for performance.

If you notice or perceive a system slowdown, you might see if defragmentation helps. The native Windows defrag is all you need - most others use the API provided by MS.

Note that it has been reported that Restore Points get deleted by defragmentation. This is most likely due to VSS recording changes and needing more space for Restore Points. Piriform Defraggler allows you to disable VSS and ignore Restore Points during a defrag operation. I don't know if that helps or not, I don't have System Restore turned on (living dangerously ... I know)

Short answer: Use native Windows maintenance utilities.

Slartybart, Oct 17, 2014
  12. richc46 Win User
    I do not use registry cleaners, but if I did it would be CC. To make the reg cleaner in CC even safer, unselect the first two areas that are cleaned. One is unused extensions, I forget the next.

richc46, Oct 17, 2014
  13. swarfega Win User

nice & clean & FAST!

I unselect unused file extensions, obsolete software and run at startup.

You don't need to run ccleaner daily, thats overkill. I do weekly maintenance which involves ccleaner, then scans with superantispyware, malwarebytes and nod32. Then I defrag.

swarfega, Oct 18, 2014
  14. On my W7 install I have a script that starts Pale Moon and runs CCleaner after PM closes.

I have the cleanup options set in PM, but I really want to make sure that the cache and other locations have been cleaned.
    It is also supposed to be able to purge Flash cookies.

lehnerus2000, Oct 18, 2014
  15. Windows 7 would be the only OS I'd ever consider using something like CC cleaner on.

Windows 8 and 8.1.1 and so far probably Windows 10, the need for that is gone. I think 10 will be even more stable and less prone to WinRot considering the further push for WinRT development that doesn't allow deep system or registry access and can't leave crap lingering around when uninstalled or installed.

It's much like Windows Phone 8, it's an NT system like on PC. It is Windows for the most part, but is all WinPRT based for apps MAYBE Win32 for native first party stuff. So this means it's incredibly responsive, has no slowdowns, has no oddities that come up, and runs as clean as it did when you first started it up. Hopefully soon one day that will be the norm for EVERY Windows device.

I wonder if they can change coding in Windows 10 with legacy Desktop apps so they run in a Win32 "bubble" much like how WinRT apps run in their own sandboxed bubble.

Coke Robot, Oct 18, 2014
Thema:

nice & clean & FAST!

1. nice & clean & FAST! - Similar Threads - nice clean FAST

2. This would be nice . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This would be nice . . .: I have two partitions, on my hard drive.One for, Windows 10. And one for, Windows 11.Dual boot.Normally, when I start my computer.It goes to the, blue screen.Where I select, one or the other. But, not always!I have a USB drive, connected.That is visible, on either side.Would...
  3. This would be nice . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This would be nice . . .: I have two partitions, on my hard drive.One for, Windows 10. And one for, Windows 11.Dual boot.Normally, when I start my computer.It goes to the, blue screen.Where I select, one or the other. But, not always!I have a USB drive, connected.That is visible, on either side.Would...
  4. This would be nice . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This would be nice . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I typed in. What are all, the free applications.You can get, running windows 10?The picture, here. Shows you, what I found.I have everything, backed up. On USB drives.But to be able, to back backup. Right on this...
  5. This would be nice . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This would be nice . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I typed in. What are all, the free applications.You can get, running windows 10?The picture, here. Shows you, what I found.I have everything, backed up. On USB drives.But to be able, to back backup. Right on this...
  6. This would be nice . . .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Nice math

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nice math: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/klorin5656 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tyio3j/nice_math/
  8. nice update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    nice update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dommybeats [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nzl77t/nice_update/
  9. Well that was nice.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Well that was nice.: I want to do some better testing of W10 2004 so I did an Update to 2004 in place to a virtual system that I have had since 1909 came out. Took a total of 35 min. The only thing that I did from the FU from 1903 to 1909 was add another virtual processor. Seemed to really help...
  10. Fast way clean my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fast way clean my pc: Hello, I want to know any fast way clean my PC? My Windows C drive looks full but don't have much things their. Help me get some free space into storage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-way-clean-my-pc/f4a1b156-24c3-4f6d-8ebf-ba6e7a7e14bc