Windows 10: NICs Slower After Upgrade from Win 8.1 (Ethernet and wireless)

Discus and support NICs Slower After Upgrade from Win 8.1 (Ethernet and wireless) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This didn't happen right away. They worked fine for a month or so. It is not the ISP, my ISP is very reliable, they consistently give me the bandwidth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ray6447, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Ray6447 Win User

NICs Slower After Upgrade from Win 8.1 (Ethernet and wireless)

This didn't happen right away. They worked fine for a month or so. It is not the ISP, my ISP is very reliable, they consistently give me the bandwidth I am supposed to get. 20MB down 2MB up. The problem laptop averages 0.3MB down and 1.5MB up.

The other hosts on my home network are not having any problems. I have another Win 10 Machine that was upgraded from Win 7 that is working just fine. One Ubuntu client and one more Win 7 client.

Fixes I attempted:

I went to the HP website and applied the recommended updates.

Checked Microsoft updates - none were suggested or required.

I removed and readded the network adapter drivers. Several times.

The hardware in question is:

HP Envy 17t Laptop
    Wireless: Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter driver: 6.223.215.14

Ethernet: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Adapter driver: 10.1.505.2015

Please help, this is driving me crazy. Thanks

Ray

:)

Ray6447, Dec 24, 2015

2. atheros ar5bwb222 support for windows 10

I installed the win 8.1 drivers from Acer support site (Acer V3-551g-x419) Drivers installed for BlueTooth, nic and wireless. Nic and wireless still did not work. Uninstalled nic and wireless from device manager, scanned for changes and now both work
    fine. Hope this is helpful for others.

brettwexstten, Dec 24, 2015
  3. All Windows 10 Network Drivers Fail -- On Board Intel 82579V, Realtek PCI-E NIC, ASIX USB Ethernet AX188178, Wireless ASUS PCE-N53

I have a machine with an MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard which had both Win 7 and 8.1 on separate partitions. I upgraded the Win 7 partition to Win 10. About a month ago all of the network drivers stopped working. I've tried installing new drivers for the
    Intel 82579V and the Realtek gigabit NIC but none of the work. Their manufacturers say they are having "issues" with Windows 10 drivers and they might not work. I've also tried a usb Ethernet adapter and another wireless NIC but they don't work either. The
    new drivers install OK, the network adapters show up in Device Manager, but still no internet connection. Any suggestions?

Tall Tan Barbie, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Ray6447 Win User

Wow! No replies. It must have been something I said or perhaps I need a new mouthwash.

Ray6447, Jan 25, 2016
  5. Snakeyes Win User
    Two suggestions: –
    1) try Listerine.
    2) if you already haven't done so, use the search box on this forum summarizing your issue (example: slow Wi-Fi reception). The responses might give you a clue regarding your specific problem.

Best of luck.

Snakeyes, Jan 26, 2016
  6. Ray6447 Win User
    1. Listerine is what I use. *Smile
    2. I did search this forum and TechNet among others and nothing seemed to work. As far as I can tell it all blew up when they applied an update in November. I rolled everything back but to no avail. There seems to be some major problems with the drivers for the two NICs I have in my laptop. There didn't seem to be any solution so I ended up reinstalling Win 8.1.

Thanks

Ray

Ray6447, Jan 26, 2016
  7. vgchat Win User
    I suppose you didn't try googling a bit before reverting? Here's a small list of what I would check:

laptop version - what do people say about it and windows 10?
    nic version
    nic drivers on windows 10

vgchat, Jan 26, 2016
  8. Ray6447 Win User

I spent a lot of time searching both before and after posting this in this forum.

Ray6447, Jan 26, 2016
  9. torre Win User
    torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NICs Slower After Upgrade from Win 8.1 (Ethernet and wireless) - Similar Threads - NICs Slower Upgrade

2. upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from win 8 to win 10: hi can I upgrade my win 8 on a tablet samsung Ativ tab3 to win 10 thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-win-8-to-win-10/61700be7-585e-4c5c-8493-1a14befff78e
  3. Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading laptop from win 8 to 10: I did a clean reinstall for win 8 on my laptop, i want to upgrade it to win 10 , will i have to reinstall the drivers as well? Also, is the upgrade still free? submitted by /u/WifeStealer99 [link] [comments]...
  4. Slower performance after Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 7 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slower performance after Win 10 Pro upgrade from Win 7 Pro: I recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro 32-bit version to Win 10 Pro 32-bit version. My laptop feels a bit slower now than it did before. I suspect it's because Win 10 needs more RAM than Win 7 did. I have 8GB DDR3 RAM but since I'm running a 32-bit version of the OS, it only...
  5. WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi not working after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8. 1: After I upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 my WiFi is not working. When I restart also it isn't working. Randomly after I shutdown and start my laptop, it's working. Hope a quick solution for this issue. Thank you....
  6. cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant upgrade from win 8 to win 10: 1. I have bought a genuine key of wins 10 pro 2. I had downloaded windows upgrade assistant and it started its work and after downlaoding 100% it says windows needs your attention on this ……. the following app is not compatible with windows uninstall it manually but...
  7. Ethernet is slower than wireless....

Ethernet is slower than wireless....: I have a problem that my IP says is my Ethernet adapter... I have updated drivers, and tried just about everything, with no success.. My wireless speed is 117mbps/23mbps consistently.. However my direct to my modem Ethernet cable gets no better than 70mbps/22mbps...
  8. slower internet connection on ethernet than wireless

slower internet connection on ethernet than wireless: i have a AC600 wifi adapter and a ASUS rt-ac1200g+ router, we pay for 100mbps down. i can hit 30mbps on the wifi adapter but when i try ethernet it is locked at 10mbps at full duplex which is really weird. i have tried cat5e/6/7 but all does the same. i have tried in cmd...
  9. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917
  10. Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10: I have had this Asus laptop for over a year (i3 4gb ram intel hd 4000 video card). With windows 8 64bit, I was able to run minecraft filling 1/2 the screen and firefox filling the other half with no issues. I would generally stream hulu or youtube while playing minecraft....