Windows 10: Niece reco Notebooks with excellent WWAN

Discus and support Niece reco Notebooks with excellent WWAN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WWAN can be very troublesome to setup and actually use with snappy performance. I’m needing one not for travel but for getting signal at home where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cognus, Jan 31, 2018.

1. cognus Win User

Niece reco Notebooks with excellent WWAN

WWAN can be very troublesome to setup and actually use with snappy performance. I’m needing one not for travel but for getting signal at home where cable is nonexistent. Verizon and Sprint have decent signal strength.

can you recommend a couple of good proven laptop/WWAN-Card combos that are simple to setup and go?

:)

cognus, Jan 31, 2018

2. Device HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband module (WWAN) - Driver for Windows 10

I am trying to enable the WWAN device on my HP EliteBook 8470p notebook. The device is identified correctly as "HP hs2350 HSPA+ Mobile Broadband module (WWAN)" but no driver appears to be available. Driver from Windows 7 and also Windows 8 doesn't work.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Martin Ondrovic, Jan 31, 2018
  3. Default User Sign in option for Windows 10

That's helpful but is there a way to have Hello default to fingerprint (using the Surface Keyboard with fingerprint reco)?

DrDavidRoss, Jan 31, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Depends on the laptop involved. Since you don't provide system specs (you may want to do that sometime), please post make and model of the notebook for which the WWAN connection is needed.
    Thanks!
    --Ed--

PS: just found an interesting article by SonicWall that identifies the WWAN adapters that work with its firewalls. Should give you a great idea of what's out there and available for use right now.

EdTittel, Jan 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Niece reco Notebooks with excellent WWAN - Similar Threads - Niece reco Notebooks

2. WWAN mode connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WWAN mode connection problem: For some reason, I cannot connect my Lenovo x1 Carbon 9G LTE modem.It's recognizing the network - and "No service" behind it.last time same thing happened I've change the registry like mentioned in...
  3. WWAN mode connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WWAN mode connection problem: For some reason, I cannot connect my Lenovo x1 Carbon 9G LTE modem.It's recognizing the network - and "No service" behind it.last time same thing happened I've change the registry like mentioned in...
  4. WWAN mode connection problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WWAN Card connected-no access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WWAN Card connected-no access: Lenovo X1 Carbon 3rd gen with Windows 10 updated. Today I added in system a Sierra WWAN LTE card. Even the device shows "LTE -Connected Status/Internet access" with my carrier, actualy I can't surf. SIM is perfectly working, tested in another laptop with 3G WWAN card and in a...
  6. Windows 10's character reco is such a crap!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10's character reco is such a crap!: I am a big fan of pen input. When MS introduced pen input (back then in Win XP or an early version of Windows 7?) and I used it the first time I thought that MS had invented mind reading. The recognition was so good that it was even able to recognize gibberish that I had...
  7. WWAN Module not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WWAN Module not working in Windows 10: I have an issue with my WWAN module on Windows 10. Since changing networks from EE to Three (UK) I am no longer able to use my WWAN card in Windows 10. The device has stopped working Code 10 is all I get. In Windows 7, this problem does not exist. I have already:...
  8. Unable to Install WWAN Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to Install WWAN Drivers: Hi! OS: Windows 10 Model: Latitude E6230 WWAN Card: Dell Wireless 5630 (DW5630) Mini-PCI Express Mobile Broadband WWAN Card I recently purchased a WWAN card for my old Dell Latitude e6230 running Windows 10 64bit and I am unable to install the required drivers for the...
  9. Lousy handwriting reco - but recognizer refuses to update!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lousy handwriting reco - but recognizer refuses to update!: [if there is a better suited forum for this question please advise!] I am handwriting on my MS Surface Pro 5 in two languages - English and German (at least I am trying to). The reco in English is - well - not good but somewhat usable. The reco in German is outright...
  10. Installation of my nieces computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of my nieces computer: Hi I have been installing windows 10 on my nieces computer for her Christmas. It's added my devices on my network I can't see an option to delete them off her computer as she is only 8 and I am scared she can delete my devices Etc. from her computer when she gets it at...