Windows 10: Night light feature not working correctly on Desktop PC

Discus and support Night light feature not working correctly on Desktop PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is anyone having problems with the Night light feature with the Windows 10 Creators Update? My Desktop PC is having an issue with it to where it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Night light feature not working correctly on Desktop PC

Is anyone having problems with the Night light feature with the Windows 10 Creators Update?

My Desktop PC is having an issue with it to where it wouldn't turn on last night automatically. So I had to manually turn it on. This morning, Settings and the Action Center says it's turned off when the screen of the computer looks like it is turned on. My Night light on all of my computers are supposed to turn on from Sunset to Sunrise.

I will search for a solution to the problem online, but for now I am sure there aren't many solutions available since the Creators Update is so new.

Thanks! *Smile

:)

Jesse Williams, Apr 18, 2017
  2. TimGilroy Win User

Night Light not turning on properly

The new night light feature isn't working properly when scheduled. When it is well passed sunset, night light will show that it is on from the button in the action center, when in reality night light is not on at all. I have it scheduled to sunset and
    sunrise and my time and time zone are set correctly, and the sunset times are accurate, but for some reason night light will just not come on until i manually turn it off and then on again.

TimGilroy, Apr 18, 2017
  3. Jezzay86 Win User
    Cant use Night Light In Window 10

I would like to share what worked for me in resolving this problem.

I use a TV for my desktop monitor, and I too, had the problem where my Night light was enabled, but grayed out.

The solution that I had found that worked for me, was physically disconnecting, then reconnecting my monitor's HDMI cable, this then caused the night light to become not grayed out and enabled.

From that point on, I was able to disable the night light feature.

I also noticed that after I manage to disable the night light feature the registry fix found here that I once applied, I had to re-apply it after disabling the night light to properly reset the color.

Since I primarily use a desktop, I don't know if this will work for a laptop. However, I do have an idea that could potentially lead to a solution as well.

With your laptop, if its possible, plug in an external display, and set that display to be your only primary display, then physically disconnect and reconnect your external display to see if it forcefully resets the grayed out night light.

If this works, please disable the night light feature, and re-apply the registry fix to reset your display's color.

I hope this helps.

Jezzay86, Apr 18, 2017
  4. Night light feature not working correctly on Desktop PC

Update: The screen on the Desktop PC has now returned to it's regular color.

5. Bree New Member
    If you are using location services to determine the local Sunset/Sunrise times it could be the location that's in error, not Night Light itself. Try turning off location and set a manual schedule.

6. @Bree, I know. But the computer said that Night light was turned off when it wasn't.

7. Bree New Member
    There are two places that have a switch that says Night Light is turned on.

The first is Settings > System > Display. This just tells you that Night Light is enabled, not that it is on at this moment. You have to click on the link for 'night light settings' to find out. Here there's another on/off switch, this one is for scheduling night light. Not the best laid out options, confused me at first too.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Night light feature not working correctly on Desktop PC

1. Night light feature not working correctly on Desktop PC - Similar Threads - Night light feature

2. my pc night light not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc night light not working: my pc night light not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-night-light-not-working/2c6fdcbc-2a31-451c-8190-477dc97afb7b
  3. my pc night light not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc night light not working: my pc night light not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-night-light-not-working/2c6fdcbc-2a31-451c-8190-477dc97afb7b
  4. my pc night light not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Rename This PC disabled night light feature

Rename This PC disabled night light feature: Hi I've been struggling with this for a while now. I've installed Windows 10 from scratch many times thanks to this sneaky little bug. It might seem weird but there's a correlation between renaming the pc and night light. So I've installed Windows 10 and everything's...
  6. Night light never working correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light never working correctly: I'm on Windows 10, latest Insider build (slow ring), but the problem I am experiencing has been happening for months now. The problem is that night light never works correctly. It almost never automatically enables by the time it should be set, sometimes it enabled but the...
  7. Night light not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night light not working: Hi Night light indicating ON on the Night Light Settings page, nothing changes when altering the strength slider.. It also showing On when it should be OFF after Sunrise setting is reached. Page is also greyed out, if I try to turn it off settings page just disappears....
  8. NIGHT LIGHT FEATURE NOT WORKING

NIGHT LIGHT FEATURE NOT WORKING: i have been this issue from many days that i can,t do with it anymore please help me for fixing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-feature-not-working/79610ea4-fc55-409a-8589-dc53f789c8ba
  9. Night Light not working

Night Light not working: Recently I have updated my pc to Windows 10 version 1903 os build 18362.175. I have noticed that night light not working. Is this same for all of you? How to solve this problem?...
  10. NIght Light Feature

NIght Light Feature: I just want to know whether or not it's possible to schedule the night light feature in Windows to activate and turn on gradually over the course of a set period of time. It'd be somewhat off-putting to have the colour scheme suddenly change....