Windows 10: Nikon S3100 cd-rom discs won't run.

Discus and support Nikon S3100 cd-rom discs won't run. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On my old computer with Windows 7 I was able to run these discs and got an icon on my screen. I have a new system running Windows 10 and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Pollywog1955, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Nikon S3100 cd-rom discs won't run.

On my old computer with Windows 7 I was able to run these discs and got an icon on my screen. I have a new system running Windows 10 and nothing happens when I load either of the discs. Also, on the old system, whenever I plugged my camera into the usb port, an icon for the camera came up in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. I'd like to have that feature on the new system. When I plugged the camera into this new system earlier, the computer DID recognize it, but photos don't seem to want to download on craigslist.

:)

Pollywog1955, Aug 24, 2018

2. Nikon S3100 cd-rom discs won't run.

Several times I loaded the disc into my drive and nothing happened. I just tried again and a pop-up menu came up and I was able to install the program. However, I STILL am unable to UPLOAD photos to craigslist from the camera. I choose the photo and
    get this "working" symbol but nothing happens. I finally hooked up my old computer to try. When it was time to put photos in the ad, plugged camera into USB. Icon came up on th bottom of the screen, I selected my picture, and it uploaded in about TWO seconds.
    On new computer I'd waited quite a while. Not sure what the issue is THERE, but at least I got my Nikon software downloaded on new computer.

Pollywog1955, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Nikon S3100 cd-rom discs won't run.

On my old computer with Windows 7 I was able to run these discs and got an icon on my screen. I have a new system running Windows 10 and nothing happens when I load either of the discs. Also, on the old system, whenever I plugged my camera into the
    usb port, an icon for the camera came up in the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. I'd like to have that feature on the new system. When I plugged the camera into this new system earlier, the computer DID recognize it, but photos don't seem to want to
    download on craigslist.

Pollywog1955, Aug 28, 2018
  4. JimWynne Win User

Nikon S3100 cd-rom discs won't run.

What do you mean when you say that "...nothing happens when I load either of the discs." What does "load" mean? You are apparently trying to upload photos to craigslist, not download. If you've transferred the pictures from your camera to the
    computer, what happens when you attempt to upload them?

JimWynne, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Nikon S3100 cd-rom discs won't run. - Similar Threads - Nikon S3100 rom

2. cd rom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  3. cd rom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cd rom: I have tried every suggestion on how to get windows 10 to recognize my cd drive,but nothing works. Is there any way to have microsoft correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/24c94139-11c5-4287-baff-1155b368f717
  4. CD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Rom: I cannot open any of my word documents since I purchase a new office 365 can you help please. The message is saying there might be something wrong with my CD Rom drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/d4ad6025-8f38-4e94-9fb8-8e23ccacea88
  5. CD Rom

CD Rom: I have a Lenovo laptop which is running off of Windows 10. I updated my computer some tome ago where ever since, I cannot play any DVD's. I have tried to diagnose the problem for months now and I am at a loss. My driver says that it is working properly and is up to date,...
  6. CD ROM Drive does not read a disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CD ROM Drive does not read a disc: I just purchased a new cd rom rw and the disk goes into the drive, but there is a file that is missing,can you help me get it working? My old cd rom quit doing the same thing. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1....
  7. cd rom

cd rom: put cd in pc but can not find it at all, other bought cds normally comes up automatically, want to transfer it to my photos this is a cd made from a camcorder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/cf75d50f-69d8-44f1-b0f1-f44e86610239
  8. CD Rom

CD Rom: The D drive (CD Rom) appears in the explorer but I can't have it display the info on the disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-rom/4810c955-de87-4f6c-8106-7ede083218d8
  9. DVD/CD-ROM drive can't recognize disc

DVD/CD-ROM drive can't recognize disc: My optical drive is ATAPI iHAS124 F, and when I put a disc in, the disc doesn't show on File Explorer. When I try to open the disc in VLC Media Player, it doesn't load, and if I select DVD RW Drive (E:) when it has the disc, it would show the hourglass and then not respond....
  10. DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore

DVD/CD Rom doesn't recognise discs anymore: Hi my DVD/CD rom will no longer read any discs that are inserted. I was able to burn photos to a disc earlier today but now it wont it is saying there is no disc inserted! Please help Thanks...