Windows 10: No access to Disk and wont allow me to Reset the Computer.

Discus and support No access to Disk and wont allow me to Reset the Computer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is the problem I have: It won't let us access the local disk and says we don't have permission. I am the only user. It won't let us save anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bbruner, Jan 30, 2016.

1. bbruner Win User

No access to Disk and wont allow me to Reset the Computer.

This is the problem I have: It won't let us access the local disk and says we don't have permission. I am the only user. It won't let us save anything on that disk either. I have gotten all of the documents, videos, and pictures backed up so that's not an issue. We are really just trying to reset the computer with a fresh start but it wont let us.

Okay so this is everything i've tried:

Resetting the computer- This wouldn't let me because it said it had an error. I did this by holding shift while restarting and then troubleshooting from there. I've tried the option of saving files and also whiping the whole computer, both ways won't work.

Booting in safe mode- it works but nothing has come out of doing anything in that mode.

What do I do? I've read multiple forums and nothing they suggest is possible. Suggestions?

:)

bbruner, Jan 30, 2016

2. Computer won't allow me to access Southwest Airlines

Hi,

Have you tried with other web browsers like Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge?

What happens? Do you get the same result? This is to know if it is a browser related issue.

Also are you able to browse other web sites?

Go to the firewall settings and remove Google Chrome from allowed programs on the firewall and then re-add it again.

Check if the issue can be fixed.

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you better. We look forward to hear from you.

Joy Kemprai, Jan 30, 2016
  3. srj1983 Win User
    Computer won't allow me to access Southwest Airlines

I use Chrome...when I search for Southwest Airlines after I click on Southwest airlines I get a message saying to reload, check internet connection/allow chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings etc. Not sure how to do that.
    Seems like an odd website to block!

srj1983, Jan 30, 2016
  4. SOHO1 Win User

OK, start by better defining no access and local disk. Is the disk the only hard disk in the computer or one of many? Is it local C: or D: or something else. Is it local internal or external via USB?

Are you logged onto the OS that is installed on the drive or is the OS operating from somewhere else (e.g. USB stick)?

Read is a form of access, can you do that? Write is another form, can you not do that? In what directories are you trying? What circumstances changed from when things last operated properly?

You could further expand your hardware profile for us.

Optional: You say you visited several forums, these wouldn't be Microsoft forums would they? Say that ain't so!

If this is permissions related, you might look at Brink's tutorials on taking ownership of your files.

SOHO1, Jan 30, 2016
Thema:

1. No access to Disk and wont allow me to Reset the Computer. - Similar Threads - access Disk wont

2. Computer stuck on Lock Screen and wont allow me to factory reset, “ the user profile...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on Lock Screen and wont allow me to factory reset, “ the user profile...: I recently tried performing a factory reset to my computer, while the computer was resetting at 50% it started saying “undoing changes” after this my computer went back to the Lock Screen and whenever I would try to put in my password for my account I would get a error saying...
  3. Computer stuck on Lock Screen and wont allow me to factory reset, “ the user profile...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on Lock Screen and wont allow me to factory reset, “ the user profile...: I recently tried performing a factory reset to my computer, while the computer was resetting at 50% it started saying “undoing changes” after this my computer went back to the Lock Screen and whenever I would try to put in my password for my account I would get a error saying...
  4. Computer stuck on Lock Screen and wont allow me to factory reset, “ the user profile...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost access to laptop PC - says the drive is locked and wont allow me to reset or to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to laptop PC - says the drive is locked and wont allow me to reset or to...: I recently had my PC shut down during an update and ever since I have been unable to access my computer at all. i.e. when I turn it on it just shows a blank screen like its trying to boot/load and then after 30 seconds or a minute it just turns itself off. I have been able to...
  6. Lost access to laptop PC - says the drive is locked and wont allow me to reset or to...

Lost access to laptop PC - says the drive is locked and wont allow me to reset or to...: I recently had my PC shut down during an update and ever since I have been unable to access my computer at all. i.e. when I turn it on it just shows a blank screen like its trying to boot/load and then after 30 seconds or a minute it just turns itself off. I have been able to...
  7. Lost access to laptop PC - says the drive is locked and wont allow me to reset or to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  9. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  10. My computer will not allow me to reset/reinstall windows

My computer will not allow me to reset/reinstall windows: I am trying to place my computer back to a clean slate due to many issues, possibly corrupt files. When I try to reset it, it pops up with a recovery page saying that my device needs repaired. I have went to the advanced startup page and tried reinstalling windows and even...