Windows 10: no access to restore point windows 10?

Discus and support no access to restore point windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I made a mistake last night and tried to download some software that ended up being full of malware and nasty viruses. I need to be able to set my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Belial, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Belial Win User

no access to restore point windows 10?

I made a mistake last night and tried to download some software that ended up being full of malware and nasty viruses. I need to be able to set my restore point at an earlier date to get some of this stuff off of my new computer. The problem I'm having is the computer refuses to allow me to go to restore point and I also cannot reset the computer. I've done everything known to man over the past 24 hours searching YouTube Google nothing is working at all. This is definitely a Russian malware and it's a nasty one. Any advice on how to actually restore this computer at an earlier date or just completely reset the computer to its factory default settings and software.

:)

Belial, Feb 28, 2018

2. restore point 'access' failure

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if display driver is corrupt.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

1. When you say that "flashing brightly white at me", are you able to view anything on the screen?

2. Have you made any changes to the Computer prior to the issue?

3. Have you created a system restore point on the Computer?

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try to reduce the brightness settings and check if it helps.

1. Type "Power options" without the quotes in search box next to
    Start Menu and click on it.

2. Try to reduce the brightness settings in Screen Brightness.

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help

Nyima Yonten, Feb 28, 2018
  3. restore point 'access' failure

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your reply with current status of the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by Rohit Chettri replied on August 20, 2015 in the below link and check if it helps.

Desktop screen flashes on and off

Also please send the screenshot of the error message while performing system restore.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Hope it helps. Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 28, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @Belial

The malware may be running processes to block you from getting to your restore points or fixing the problems.

Download and run Rkill. This kills such processes (but can't remove them). WITHOUT REBOOTING scan with AdwCleaner which can remove malware. You may then be able to install MalwareBytes to further clean up.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/
    AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool
    Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software

You may then be able to use your restore points again. To be honest, I'd be inclined to reset the computer just to be sure there's nothing nasty left behind. Or even a clean install.

5. Belial Win User
    I tried this method it look promising the computer Rebooted fired it back up hit Windows come in and can see to malware still on the computer. It is completely taken over the Google Chrome app on the laptop I have to Google Chrome icons on the screen and whenever I try to access the internet through Google does not work at all. Like I said this is a very nasty malware. I got a feeling I'm going to have to completely erase the hard drive and reupload Windows 10 which I don't know how I would have permission to do that considering I just bought the laptop a month ago. I wish there was some other way that I can remove this malware it's really nasty

Belial, Feb 28, 2018
  6. Belial Win User
    Whenever I click on task manager it shows all of these programs that keep popping up one is called doused and the other is t a y. I've used every Malwarebytes software to remove this stuff and it just won't go away. Whenever I run Malwarebytes or those other programs that were mentioned above it says everything has been quarantined that there's nothing to be found. All of this happens whenever you reboot and start the computer somewhere deep in the OS this is deeply seated

Belial, Feb 28, 2018
  7. Bree New Member
    Yes, a clean install of Windows 10 with Microsoft's install media may invalidate the warranty.

Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC will do a 'factory reset', which will include any OEM-supplied customization. That should put it back to exactly how it was 'out of the box' a month ago. If the malware is blocking you from doing this you may be able to do a reset after running Rkill.

If not, an alternative way to perform a 'factory reset' is to boot from a Recovery Drive USB that was made by that PC and includes system files. If you have not already made one, you may still be able to (making a recovery drive may not have been blocked by the malware).

See the tutorial: Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

If you can't do that either, if AdwCleaner or Rkill gave any names for the malware we may be able to help remove it. Both should have produced log files, look for them in folders on the root of your C: drive.

8. Belial Win User

I'm dead serious it won't even let me do a factory reset this is crazy I have never seen malware this bad

Belial, Feb 28, 2018
  9. simrick Win User
    There is one other option you could try:
    Download Kyhi's Recovery Media to a flash drive and boot the system to it.
    Malwarebytes Antimalware is on it. You can open it up, connect to the internet, download the latest definitions, and run the scan from the recovery environment. Most viruses/malware can be rooted out this way, as they are not active. Then you can get into Windows and finish the cleanup.

simrick, Feb 28, 2018
  10. Bree New Member
    Did you try making a Recovery Drive? That can do the factory reset too.

PS: Welcome to this thread @simrick, I was hoping you would join in and lend your considerable expertise. The offline scan from Kyhi's disk is an excellent suggestion (wish I'd thought of that *Smile).

11. Belial Win User
    I just tried to do a recovery Drive and the response I got is we can't create a recovery drive on this PC some required fields are missing to troubleshoot problems with your PC use your Windows installation disc for media

Belial, Feb 28, 2018
  12. Belial Win User
    Right now I am downloading the tool to do this says that I have an hour and 23 minutes remaining for the download. However, I'm having some slight concern because it's saying that I cannot do a recovery on this PC like I said whatever has been planted in this computer it's very nasty it's lock things down. I can browse internet download things no problem but when it comes to taking measures to remove whatever's on this computer it's so deep it won't allow you to do it

Belial, Feb 28, 2018
  13. simrick Win User

Happy to help, if I can. Kyhi's tool has saved many a computers from disaster. *Wink
    Belial, I suggest you find a clean computer to download Kyhi's rescue media and create the flash drive. It would not be prudent to try and do it from your compromised system.

simrick, Feb 28, 2018
  14. Bree New Member
    If simrick's suggestion doesn't help, you may be able to download 'factory reset' recovery media from your PC's manufacturer. If you edit your system specs to add the make and model details it would help us find out what's available.

Edit them here: https://www.tenforums.com/profile.php?do=extra

15. simrick Win User
    Makes no difference once you boot the system to Kyhi's rescue media. Your Windows operating system will not be running; therefore, the infection will be dormant, and Malwarebytes should be able to give you control back of your system after it's run, cleared out what it found, and you boot back into your OS.

simrick, Feb 28, 2018
Thema:

1. no access to restore point windows 10? - Similar Threads - access restore point

2. Alternative way to access restore points?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Alternative way to access restore points?: Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685 Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently. Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing So I tries to use a restore point...
  3. Alternative way to access restore points?

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternative way to access restore points?: Hi My win version is 2004 OS Build 19041, 685 Problem" since last update my magnification soft ZoomText 10.1 wont start anymore. Im visually impaired so i need said soft most urgently. Trying to install last ZoomText update again did nothing So I tries to use a restore point...
  4. Windows restore point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows restore point: Sorry if it's a stupid question, What happens if I create a restore point, install some files that have malware or viruses, if I return to the restore point will I still have malware and viruses on my PC? submitted by /u/whyudozis2me [link] [comments]...
  5. Restore point for Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restore point for Windows 10: I'd like to restore my computer back at least 6 months https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point-for-windows-10/ab9d4311-c15f-4f08-8771-573a06b9529b
  6. restore points in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore points in windows 10: My restore points only go back to June 20, 2019 and there are only two of them how do I access additional older restore points, specifically to 5.20.19? Thanks...
  7. Restore point for Windows 10

Restore point for Windows 10: I recently received another Windows 10 update and since then my laptop freezes from time to time when I'm working on either Outlook, Excel or Word. I can't work like this it takes so long throughout the day. I tried to do a restore but it seems I don't have any restore points...
  8. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  9. Windows 10 - Restore Points

Windows 10 - Restore Points: Owning to the many updates for this OS, my restore points seems to disappear. Where are they located? So that I can save them in case of problems - saving me time to re-install (it takes around 2-3 days). In the last 3 months I've had to re-install the OS 6 times....
  10. Restore Points Intel Technology Access

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Points Intel Technology Access: When I look at existing restore points in my system, there are always lots of points labelled "Intel(R) Technology Access" Many have been created at very short time intervals, sometimes just a few seconds apart. Does anybody know why they are created and what is...