Windows 10: No access to settings, edge, updates, and more

Discus and support No access to settings, edge, updates, and more in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am frustrated. Any quick fix other than trying reset, restore, reinstalling...…..I have no apps, my computer has appeared to duplicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TamiCampbell1, Jul 18, 2018.

1. No access to settings, edge, updates, and more

I am frustrated.

Any quick fix other than trying reset, restore, reinstalling...…..I have no apps, my computer has appeared to duplicate things...….errors across the board. Just took a few screen shots. I have ran sfc/scannow and dism /clean image and even put the repair cd in just now...…..

Thanks.

No access to settings, edge, updates, and more 361844c3-b861-4d51-b396-4527918f1e08?upload=true.png No access to settings, edge, updates, and more 15dd95b1-b577-4d9f-aaf0-ee869aae298e?upload=true.png No access to settings, edge, updates, and more 4f4b47c0-3d49-4169-aef9-bc0b387a7440?upload=true.png No access to settings, edge, updates, and more 20e65498-3b70-4ee6-a872-98992ebfb2ce?upload=true.png

:)

TamiCampbell1, Jul 18, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 18, 2018
  3. Accessing EDGE

Hello Dave,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing Microsoft Edge, we will help you with this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser
    and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start button and click on
      Task Manager.
      Click on Details tab.
    • Click on microsoftedgeCP.exe
      and click End task. (Do the same for all the Microsoft Edge files)
    • Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post for further assistance about this issue.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2018
  4. No access to settings, edge, updates, and more

Accessing EDGE

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as Microsoft edge crashes while trying to access it, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check:

• Press Windows key + X and open the Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type in Powershell and press
      Enter.
    • Paste the following line into the PowerShell window and press
      Enter.
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Wait until it’s completed, and C:\Users\yourusername> will appear on the screen when the process is completed.
    • Reboot your computer and try to open Microsoft Edge
      again.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2018
Thema:

No access to settings, edge, updates, and more

1. No access to settings, edge, updates, and more - Similar Threads - access settings edge

2. Cant access settings, power options, and more

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant access settings, power options, and more: So you all know how this one goes. I cant access my windows icon button to get to settings, cant open settings, cant shut it down without the x+windows button trick, and I cannot login once my screen has defaulted to the logon screen. Before you suggest it: I've tried it. 5...
  3. Why can't I access my Settings any more?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I access my Settings any more?: Since one of the recent updates I cannot access my settings. It worked fine until recently. I have not installed Windows 11, and couldn't do it now since I cannot access my Settings....
  4. Why can't I access my Settings any more?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I access my Settings any more?: Since one of the recent updates I cannot access my settings. It worked fine until recently. I have not installed Windows 11, and couldn't do it now since I cannot access my Settings....
  5. Why can't I access my Settings any more?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can’t Update, Access Settings, Reset PC and more

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t Update, Access Settings, Reset PC and more: Hello, my Brother has been having continuous issues recently and we dont know what to do. 1 He can’t access settings, powershell or troubleshooting. Attempting to access any of these programs even with admin will close the app immediately. 2 Updates and Resets fail. Using...
  7. Making web more accessible and inclusive for all with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Making web more accessible and inclusive for all with Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] The past few months have forever changed the way we work, learn and play each day. Our routines have been entirely disrupted, and we’ve had to adapt to new ways to stay productive, entertained and healthy. This change in our global landscape has...
  8. More Edge issues after Fall Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    More Edge issues after Fall Creators Update: Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place, and thanks in advance for your help. computers are dell inspiron laptops, i7 processors, less than a year old, updated to fc. First a suggestion: is there a single thread for problems with major Windows updates, like the fall...
  9. Accessibility: More inclusive web with Microsoft Edge and Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Accessibility: More inclusive web with Microsoft Edge and Windows 10: Microsoft is committed to accessibility as a core part of software design, and today we would like to share more about how Microsoft Edge is evolving to improve support for assistive technology beyond what was possible in Internet Explorer. Inclusive development is a...
  10. Can't access more than 100 screensavers in settings menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access more than 100 screensavers in settings menu?: I have lots of small screensavers installed - many are just variations and sets of a similar theme, but show individually in the screensavers settings drop-down box. It seems that I cannot access anything beyond the first 100 - for me that means anything after midway through...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no settings in edge

2. no settings edge

3. edge browser no access

4. internet edge no settings and more,
  5. settings and more,
  6. access settings in edge,
  7. user has no access to edge,
  8. settings and more edge