Windows 10: No account picture on welcome screen

Discus and support No account picture on welcome screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Since 10041, Welcome screen during startup has no picture. It's there if you sign off and on, but not on Welcome. Anybody else with this? *Confused 4786 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

No account picture on welcome screen

Since 10041, Welcome screen during startup has no picture. It's there if you sign off and on, but not on Welcome. Anybody else with this? *Confused

:)

f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015

2. Choose between accounts on login

Thank You Remon Ont, my OS version is 1703 and OS build is 15063.674

On lock screen I don't see any other accounts and neither on startup/welcome screen. I have set a Picture for welcome screen and windows spotlight for lock screen.

mjabhilash, Mar 19, 2015
  3. How to change picture on Welcome screen in Windows 10

None of what you have given here as an answer addresses the picture on the Welcome Screen, it only changes the picture on the Lock Screen.

The Welcome Screen and the Lock Screen are two different things. How do we change the picture on the Welcome Screen?

StephenTaggart, Mar 19, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

I only see the Welcome screen for a split second but the picture is there.

Edwin, Mar 19, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    I lost my picture too. I checked to see if build 10041 reset to Windows default and my picture is still there. I don't know why it doesn't show when Windows starts.

Winuser, Mar 19, 2015
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Still have the picture. . .even did a restart after reading your post. . .*Wink

7. f14tomcat Win User
    Seems like a hit or miss. The pic I see briefly on startup looks just like Edwin's avatar. Also, there is small chunk of the lock screen display in the lower left corner... I can see the time in big characters, but it's a quick flash.

f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015
  8. fireberd Win User

Its gone from mine. But one good thing, the double Avatar is now gone from the log in.

fireberd, Mar 19, 2015
  9. davehc Win User
    Clean install from ISO. My picture is OK.

davehc, Mar 19, 2015
  10. adamf Win User
    It works for me with clean install but... How are you logging on? MS account or local? Have you set netplwiz to log you on automatically or not? It could make a difference.

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    I don't remember it looking like this before... two entries for me. Does this look odd? Logging on with MS account, auto.

f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015
  12. adamf Win User
    I had that in the last build. Delete the HomeUsers ones and reboot.

And get rid of the picture with your email address *Wink

EDIT I have this (for one user, not the built in Administrator account which doesn't work for a lot of things)

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
  13. f14tomcat Win User

oops! thanks, will do!!!!

f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    HOW did you do that??? re-posted your attachment after you fixed your email showing? How did you do that?????

f14tomcat, Mar 19, 2015
  15. adamf Win User
    I made exactly the same mistake as you when I was saying not to do it. (I am an idiot sometimes)

Anyway here is how:

• Make a screenshot with snipping tool containing your email address called Capture.png
    • upload it to the site
    • realize you left your e-mail address on it
    • Edit your PNG with Paint application and save it as Capture2.png
    • Edit your post on tenforums.com
    • Delete your old picture (Capture.png)
    • Add the new one (Capture2.png)

Then repeat the same process next time when you make exactly the same mistake *Sad

adamf, Mar 19, 2015
Thema:

1. No account picture on welcome screen - Similar Threads - account picture welcome

2. The Welcome Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Welcome Screen Picture: There are a lot of beaches shown on the welcome screen pictures, how about some forests and U.S. National Parks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-welcome-screen-picture/17e60cc3-2463-46b6-bff1-590d467db119
  3. The Welcome Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Welcome Screen Picture: There are a lot of beaches shown on the welcome screen pictures, how about some forests and U.S. National Parks? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-welcome-screen-picture/17e60cc3-2463-46b6-bff1-590d467db119
  4. Welcome screen pictures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Welcome screen pictures: What is the difference between "Pictures", "Pictures" second in list, and Slideshow in Welcome screen picture choices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-pictures/846a34a7-1686-4ac0-ab4f-8cee8be1a7be
  5. Picture on Welcome screen missing.

Picture on Welcome screen missing.: My picture shows in Accounts, Your info. It sometimes shows when signing into Microsoft on Edge. It is missing from the Welcome screen - not even the blank icon. It does not show on Community, but does on Rewards. Different computer everything works fine. Any suggestions on...
  6. welcome screen picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    welcome screen picture: How do I change my welcome screen picture back to random win10 selection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-picture/c789b96c-f67f-4bd0-95bc-561fddfac598
  7. Picture on welcome screen

Picture on welcome screen: I would like to know how to find out the signification of the picture on the welcome screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-on-welcome-screen/6940d10a-3c12-4987-b654-4784635335f9
  8. W10 Welcome Screen Picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Welcome Screen Picture: O.k. Can someone tell me, in plain English please, how to disable the welcome screen picture in W10 ?......have tried turning it of in personalization, but it is still there....it has changed recently from a seascape and some caves, to some stupid Halloween lamps, and is...
  9. Account picture does not show on welcome screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account picture does not show on welcome screen: I can't figure why I get the generic gray circle with the person on it on my welcome screen when my computer starts up. My account shows my picture as a gold fish. My computer was set to auto login before I made the switch from windows 8.1 and upgraded to 10 and has been...
  10. User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    User account picture not showing at the welcome screen on windows 10: My personal account picture shows up when I sign in/out but not at windows startup welcome screen. FYI, I'm using netplwiz to enable auto-log in. I don't want to reset my Windows 10. 14831